NHL

SteveThaiBinh

Huet has played one game where he let in 2 goals so far. How does he then have a 1.97GAA? O.o

Goals against average is calculated against a backdrop of a 60 minute game. Since the Montreal game versus the Canes went to overtime, Huet played a little more than 60 minutes and so his GAA was adjusted for it. You'll also often see goalies who play in a game that doesn't go to overtime have a GAA that is some decimal points over the amount of goals they let in, and this is because they didn't exactly play 60 minutes (factors like leaving the net for an extra attacker or for a delayed penalty call).

Huet has played one game where he let in 2 goals so far. How does he then have a 1.97GAA? O.o

Goals against average is calculated against a backdrop of a 60 minute game. Since the Montreal game versus the Canes went to overtime, Huet played a little more than 60 minutes and so his GAA was adjusted for it. You'll also often see goalies who play in a game that doesn't go to overtime have a GAA that is some decimal points over the amount of goals they let in, and this is because they didn't exactly play 60 minutes (factors like leaving the net for an extra attacker or for a delayed penalty call).

I didn't know that. Thanks! :(

Also: BOO LEAFS BOO! :down:

I read the recap from the Toronto-Montreal game in a Swedish newspaper today and Sundin said they played better against Ottawa (even though they lost) than they did last night.

Does that mean Ottawa are going to be scary good this season?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Speaking of routages, Vancouver bent over and spread wide for the Flyers tonight. Although the Sedin sisters set up a pretty wicked ass goal.

Of course, Edmonton still hasn't won on the road, but Minnesota has had our number the last two seasons.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I haven't seen it, I've only read about it. I'm not sure. On one hand the guy wasn't seriously hurt. On the other hand I'm aware of the fact that that doesn't really matter (probably just luck) since it's the act that's got to go. The NHL has to get rid of that kind of behaviour.

I'm thinking 25 games.

'Twas a nasty crosscheck, for sure, for sure. This Boulerice kid has been in some trouble before. As a junior, he took a two handed baseball swing and connected on some players head back in the CHL or OHL.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

8-1. Now that's how you rebound from an embarrassing loss!

Sundin is now alone at the top of the goal and points lists for the Maple Leafs.

Yar, congrats to big Mats. May he play eighty two games this year and score onehundred and eleven points. And still start golfing early as the Leafs miss the playoffs. No, wait, let him go to a team that really could use him at the trade deadline, like Edmonton. We'll give you Raffi Torres and Joni Pitkanen!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I don't know about that.. He has a NTC in his contract and he's always said he wants to retire as a Leaf.

It would be too weird to see him in anything but a Leafs uniform. Except the Swedish national team jersey, of course.