NHL

SteveThaiBinh

Leafs have signed Toskala to a 2 year contract extension, worth 8 million. Also, when reading about the Blake signing, I saw GM Ferguson said the Leafs done with free agent signings, but may explore other moves via trades. Interesting. I'm still wondering what they will do about their "own" free agents, specifically Peca and O'Neill, if anything.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

And it looks like JR is finally going to hang up his blades and stick for good. Somebody should tell Tony Amonte that his time is up, as well.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Aw man. Comrie has been signed by the Islanders. I liked Comrie and was hoping that Ottawa would resign them.

Looks like the Isle managed to do some decent damage control, since they were hemoraging (sp?) free agents for a bit. They added Guerin and Comrie, and they still have a top goalie. They should be able to squeeze into the playoffs again, although I don't see a lot of depth.

Bummer about JR, but you could tell how frustrated he was about not being able to light the lamp like he used to. It's hard to go from being a goal scorer to a role player. Hopefully he'll get into the broadcast booth with Hull, those two are the biggest characters in the game.

I dunno if Edmonton should be airing any more dirty laundry in public.

I know its poor form to quote yourself, but somebody didn't listen. This article demonstrates that near the end.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Ballsy move by Lowe. He'd better sign all of his RFAs, stat!!

He has. Apparently he signed the big two RFA's (Torres and Greene) a couple days before he made the offer sheet. All the other Edmonton RFAs I see look like AHL players.

I'm not surprised; but am dissapointed.

It's acceptable under 3 conditions:

1. He doesn't have a great start just fall flat in the second half.

2. He plays better even strength.

3. He doesn't have a - 1 billion in any round of the playoffs like he did versus Buffalo.

That is all.

P.S. Good on Sid. He earned the moolah. One more great season, and I'll be a 100% believer in him. He should have demanded the maximum amount of pay.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Shanny will do pretty well playing with Drury. I didn't realize he scored 12 points during the playoffs last year. I'm sure Volo was complaining about his late season production (he's on ignore from me), but 12 points in the playoffs in 10 games is a very solid contribution. He also didn't get greeduy with his contract, nice.

Ballsy move by Lowe. He'd better sign all of his RFAs, stat!!

Not that ballsy when you draft like Edmonton does. o:)

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Seabrook, Ruutu, and that one guy.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Damn you!!

edit: you and I may think TRuutu is teh bees knees, but I think we're in the minority there.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I'm sure Volo was complaining about his late season production (he's on ignore from me)

hmmm, put Volo on ignore, brilliant!

Did you hear something?

Well, the schedule for the upcoming season was released today. Pittsburgh is going to roll through Edmonton. Hopefully Sid will be so enamoured with the city that he'll ask to be traded to the Oil from the Pens. He can say his girlfriend wants to move there!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Looks like Edmonton got its new Capt. Canada or whatever. This one has his teeth, for now.