Halo vs Metroid (Video)

Zoma

Some of the bits of the character jumping/flying around were cool. Kinda frenetic for my tastes - by that I mean, it gives my eyes a headache. :thumbsup:

Still pretty cool tho.

And ... "Funded by No One." Haha, that made me laugh!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I liked the spark on Master Chick's crotch. Other than that.. well, it was great technically (and artistically) but too cheesy for me.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I haven't played Halo, can Master Chief actually kick a warthog 30 feet?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I haven't played Halo, can Master Chief actually kick a warthog 30 feet?

Not sure, it doesn't show in the games but I heard in Halo novels, Master Chief pretty much did some impossible crazy stuffs.

By the way, you all do know that its not Master Chief in the footage but rather a Spartan character from Dead or Alive series?

Samus Aran is much cooler than Master Chief.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

ending is crap though.

go to user movies- most popular movies and go to the "nazi robot attack clip." Its at least 10 times better.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Less suggestions of lesbianism and more Nicole-Samus action.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm amazed how critical some folks are over a movie made by a guy who is self-taught and doing this strictly as a hobby. This movie is bloody amazing considering those circumstances. It also took him 2 months to do, which is a feat in itself.

I'm really surprised he hasn't been offered a job somewhere. He talked about not being trained the right way and how his work is probably rubbish to real graphic artists, but the guy has a sense of discipline and direction that you can't teach. If I was a developer, I'd hire this guy in a second and give him a couple artists to direct.

I'm amazed how critical some folks are over a movie made by a guy who is self-taught and doing this strictly as a hobby. This movie is bloody amazing considering those circumstances. It also took him 2 months to do, which is a feat in itself.

I'm really surprised he hasn't been offered a job somewhere. He talked about not being trained the right way and how his work is probably rubbish to real graphic artists, but the guy has a sense of discipline and direction that you can't teach. If I was a developer, I'd hire this guy in a second and give him a couple artists to direct.

The thing with his animation, is the camera choreography and the whole fighting scenes are amazingly well thought out and animated.

HOWEVER, the characters just don't have that human feeling when they're NOT fighting. They just stand there, unanimated. This is, of course, because he focused on fight animations and choreography. But if he gave some graphical polish to the environment, and some more detailed animation during slow-paced scenes, however subtle, it would be perfect.

And the ending should be changed... it just doesn't fit.

And he wasn't hired because he is amateur compared to real animators. This is only because animating for him is a hobby, not a job. He wasn't properly trained, since he learned it by trial and error, and generally fidling around with the programs. Unlike professionals, who are given lessons, and learn the way it should be learned.

But the whole video is still amazing.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"