My exercise regime

Walsingham

Anyone can swim: whilst exercising in this way, all the organs of the body are massaged. :)

fat people have a harder time losing weight while in the pool. body is horizontal + periodic breathing results in decreased aerobic effectiveness given effort put forth. 'course, fat peoples also gotta worry 'bout impact activities and potential damage to joints and tendons 'n such. swim is non-impact.

the thing is, nowadays you can use stair climber or recumbant bike or any other number o' machines to gets aerobic workouts... and you can watch tv or listen to music or even read whilst on those machines. swim is boring. stare at black stripe on bottom of pool for hours leads to, at best, a state o' perpetual self-hypnosis. usually is just very, very dull.

Gromnir's best sport were simming. practices were mornings BEFORE school, which were meaning you had to get up for practice at 5:00 am so that you could torture self for a couple hours. the good teams is almost never school teams. so practices is always before school and after school. miserable. football and wrestling were better for Gromnir if only 'cause last hour of school day always were part of practice. fencing had similar practice schedule as swim team, but swimming is so much more dull.

heck, if memory serves, the main reason Gromnir got into football were as an excuse to get out of the pool. well that and we liked to hit people.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Yeah, but swimming has the added incentive that if you don't swim, you'll drown.

Always ensures a high minimum effort, I find. :)

Also good to be around a pool in a sunny clime, with lots of members of the appropriate gender wearing not-very-much for the obligatory post-dip chat ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"Also good to be around a pool in a sunny clime, with lots of members of the appropriate gender wearing not-very-much for the obligatory post-dip chat ..."

Gromnir had coaches that firmly believed that cold water encouraged swimmers to swim faster... and the 5-30 seconds between sets were never 'nuff time to chat up fellow simmers. also, there ain't no such thing as a sunny clime at 5:30 am in november december anywheres in USA. am supposing we could swim laps only during nice warm summer months...

our experience with trying to swim laps in a less disciplined environment is nil. am seeing those tiny lap pools at 24 hour fitness locations and they is kinda a joke... and nobody seems to make use of 'em anyways.

'pon reflection, we suspect that given how much we disliked competition swimming back when we were in teens, is unlikely that we would enjoy swimming laps even if we were sharing the pool with the the Raiderettes. our pov is somewhat skewed.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Yes, the burnt baby fears fire, long after the memory is gone.

Still, I enjoyed swimming in a more leisurely environment, even though I spent a large amount of time training in a 50m pool when I was young. (Part of the enjoyment, I found, is being able to get out whenever you want, so that you are only swimming against yourself.) Makes for a nice adjunct to gym training on a hot Summer's day at university, I can tell you. :)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I like swimming, but not in a pool. I like the ocean...with the girls in bikinis. :ermm: Unless the pool has a slide. GLEE!

I like to alternate between jogging one day, doing the stationary bike the another day and near killing myself on the stairmaster occasionally.

Working out on machines is pretty dull, but I tend to look at it as an exercise in patience as well as the physical.

Yeeees. Swimming.

:skeptical:

I'm 100% with mkreku on the fact that you're swimming in the bathwater of about 1,000 people. Then there's the excruciating boredom! I have to take an mp3 player out on my runs AND vary my routes to avoid tedium. On the few occasions I've tried laps in the pool I became incandescent with the stutilfying process of repeating the same stretch of water/ceiling/ceramic tiles within five minutes. I'd rather be forced to stare at paint drying!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I have flat feet and they give me trouble sometimes with walking/running, even with arch supports. But that's mostly an excuse.

I'm kind of odd, as I find exercising outdoors - for the pure sake of exercising - too distracting. ie, I'll start a vigorous hike up a hill, see some insects, or a cool cluster of massive bamboo, or people doing something weird, and next thing I know I've spent 15 minutes in one spot watching/exploring instead of exercising. So I usually exercise in the garage or something, where I keep my focus and don't waste time. :skeptical:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have flat feet and they give me trouble sometimes with walking/running, even with arch supports. But that's mostly an excuse.

I'm kind of odd, as I find exercising outdoors - for the pure sake of exercising - too distracting. ie, I'll start a vigorous hike up a hill, see some insects, or a cool cluster of massive bamboo, or people doing something weird, and next thing I know I've spent 15 minutes in one spot watching/exploring instead of exercising. So I usually exercise in the garage or something, where I keep my focus and don't waste time. :yucky:

lol you should bring your camera so you can document these "weird" phenomenon that these people do and post them on the itnernets as long as they follow a few criteria:

1 that its interesting

2 that there might be bewbies

3 graphic hardcore awesome love making between multiple adults and a midget and a dolphin thrown in there somewhere as well.....

4 man bear pig

But anyways, I think I definitely need some new shoes because my feet were hurting pretty bad when I was running on thursday. I should also bring some personal protection like a semiautomitc weapon since I usually run on the track at a nearby school and retards like to shout things out the window, and I mean if it was one person in a car I'd call them a ****less pos and then punch them in the throat and kick there face in but two or more people is a bit more troublesome. I mean i only got so much badass in me to destroy one face at a time.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

ookay...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

ookay...

*follows retreating Mus? stepping carefully backwards*

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

stop the hate plz, i mean i understand you guys are jealous of me and stuff but i think we can be friends....plz :'(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

stop the hate plz, i mean i understand you guys are jealous of me and stuff but i think we can be friends....plz :'(

Sorry, man, but you'll admit you were indulging in a lot of violent imagery there. You ever get the urge to just relax?

-Elwood Blues

I usually get so relaxed when I am at the gym that I fall asleep between sets. It's kind of embarrassing.

You should get that checked out....All i know is its funny as hell when im working out and some dude is lifting a bunch of weight (usually some idiot) and he's making a bunch of loud obnoxious noises and then throws down the weights like hes a hard ass or something. Can't stand people like that. And Walshingham I'm sorry, I blame growing up with violent video games and hbo as a child. Not really but I'm pretty chillaxed irl.

Yeah, but swimming has the added incentive that if you don't swim, you'll drown.

Always ensures a high minimum effort, I find. :(

That never worked for me. I took swimming lessons as a kid. I didn't get past the second level whatever it was. I was just not comfortable in the water. It didn't help that I don't float very well. I could never roll far enough over in order to get my head above water to take a breath. 8)

I usually get so relaxed when I am at the gym that I fall asleep between sets. It's kind of embarrassing.

I once fell asleep after a hour on the treadmill. I was hot, sweaty and tired. It had been a long day at work and I just stretched myself out on a mat to do some crunches. Next thing I know a guy is shaking me asking me if I was ok.

I had fallen asleep but he thought I had fainted from exhaustion. I had slept for about 10 minutes, but it really refreshed me.

Odd ... general exercise always makes me really hyper for at least a couple hours afterwards, even if I was tired when I started.

It makes my hubby sleepy tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, see that's another good reason to go running. If you lose motivation half way then you still have to run back!

I can't imagine getting tired immediately during exercise. What were your genetic ancestors? Sloths? :thumbsup:

-Elwood Blues

Blood pressure rises up to 400/200 during weights, so perhaps there is some trigger when you finish the extreme conditions of lifting. Could be thyroid.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT