Upcoming Movie Discussion

Oerwinde

wow... at least two face won't have a wierd race change between movies this time.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I saw a long Transformers ad on TV a couple nights ago.

I don't think it made me want to run out and see it, but the animation/effects looked neat.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I liked the Transformers trailer.

Starscream looks a lot better actually moving and Megatron looks menacing swinging that mace around.

Optimus Prime looks like he'll be a lot smaller than Megatron though.

He does look a lot better moving, but still doesn't look anything like starscream. Oh, and the TF getting out of the pool and spinning around dodging missiles and shooting his own, thats Ironhide. Also doesn't look anything like him.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I liked the Transformers trailer.

Starscream looks a lot better actually moving and Megatron looks menacing swinging that mace around.

Optimus Prime looks like he'll be a lot smaller than Megatron though.

He does look a lot better moving, but still doesn't look anything like starscream. Oh, and the TF getting out of the pool and spinning around dodging missiles and shooting his own, thats Ironhide. Also doesn't look anything like him.

Yep, Starscream still doesn't look like Starscream, but whats done is done. I hope they keep his character intact though. Always looking for a chance to usurp Megatron but failing miserably.

I actually like Ironhide's design. He looks like a tough old battler to me. I think a black truck suits his character better than a red van, though I wish they'd kept his head mold similar to the G1.

I just don't understand why they changed some things that wouldn't have hurt their alien aesthetic or whatever they were going for. Like at least they could make Ironhide red. Its not like red trucks are unrealistic. Same problem with Ratchet. Making him a white and red ambulance wouldn't be a stretch of our suspension of disbelief. I know I've seen far more white and red ones than green and red ones.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Red Truck would have been cool.

The movie Ironhide kinda looks like Trailbreaker. Colorwise at least

Definitely agree with you on Ratchet. Robot mode looks like he has a mustache. Maybe they were going for the ol' doc persona for Ratchet....

TRANSFORMERS MUST DIE

dent.jpg

Ledger_Joker_clown_mask.jpg

Na na na na na na na na Batman.

http://www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/

>_<

jokerfinal.jpg

I personally don't like this and hope its just a test. I don't like the whole permanent smile the movies seem to advocate. I think it adds a lot more to his character that he's just a nutball who smiles all the time. It makes the scenes where he isn't smiling so much more intense.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

I don't like the whole permanent smile the movies seem to advocate. I think it adds a lot more to his character that he's just a nutball who smiles all the time. It makes the scenes where he isn't smiling so much more intense.
You mean you don't approve how the character has been betrayed since..... his initial appearance back in 1940. They should change this for what reason?

I don't like the whole permanent smile the movies seem to advocate. I think it adds a lot more to his character that he's just a nutball who smiles all the time. It makes the scenes where he isn't smiling so much more intense.
You mean you don't approve how the character has been betrayed since..... his initial appearance back in 1940. They should change this for what reason?

His smile has never been a physical deformity until the Tim Burton film.

Devastatorsig.jpg

His smile has never been a physical deformity until the Tim Burton film.

They should lose the deformity, but keep the >_<

TRANSFORMERS MUST DIE

dent.jpg

Ledger_Joker_clown_mask.jpg

Na na na na na na na na Batman.

http://www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/

>_<

jokerfinal.jpg

I personally don't like this and hope its just a test. I don't like the whole permanent smile the movies seem to advocate. I think it adds a lot more to his character that he's just a nutball who smiles all the time. It makes the scenes where he isn't smiling so much more intense.

I agree. Predictably it's caused quite a stink with the hardcore fanbase. The scar-age and self applied make-up does seem drastic. I'm warming to it though.

Cillian Murphy.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Best possible joker looks wise would have been Vincent Cassel.

241511dJli_w.jpg

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/241500/241511dJli_w.jpg

And here's the source:

http://starophileimages.free.fr/wallpapers..._cassel_002.jpg

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

241511dJli_w.jpg

And here's the source:

He looks just right as the Joker. Was he in that fan(?) movie where Batman faces off against Predators and Aliens? The Joker in that movie was good too.

From the sound of things they're changing the comics to fit the movie. Batman #663 has the new Joker look and the Batman Confidential #7 one has a new origin.

I've heard that Batman #251 ,The Joker's Five Way Revenge, was going to be a big influence on the movie. They have a tpb that has this called Stacked Deck: The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told if you want to read it.

Go here: www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com. Highlight the page. There's a few anagrams in there.

COMEDY IRE

MICRO EYED

MERYOCIDE

CRY DIE EMO

things like that. www.seeyouindecember.com is registered to 42 Entertainment, the viral marketing firm that's created Alternate Reality Games for Halo 2 and Nine Inch Nails' latest album. This is just getting started.

Edited by Pop

241511dJli_w.jpg

And here's the source:

He looks just right as the Joker. Was he in that fan(?) movie where Batman faces off against Predators and Aliens? The Joker in that movie was good too.

No, Vincent Cassel is a french actor, which is why I said he was perfect looks wise. He had the lead in a western with Michael Madsen and Juliette Lewis a while back, but I haven't seen it and don't know how well he hid his accent and for the most part his roles over here are mainly just as french people. He was the villain in Brotherhood of the Wolf.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Rambo is back, and this time, he's christian. And old.

Man, that's a bloody trailer.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! That was the best laugh I have had in awhile! Judging from how much blood was in Passion of the Christ, it looks like a lot of those same people will like this too. :)

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I imagine there'll be a few token 'good guy' Burmese rebels. They'll lack the courage to do anything for themselves but will eventually be inspired by Mr. Rambo's fine example and leadership to take on the SLORC more directly. Mr. Rambo will probably put his hand on their leader's shoulder towards the end of the movie to show his approval and encouragement.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)