The Music Thread

LadyCrimson

Switchfoot - Happy Is a Yuppie Word

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Springsteen -- Darlington County.

When I walk to the subway in the morning, I go by the courthouse for Arlington County. Whenever I look up at the sign (and don't have my mp3 player running something else), I get this song stuck in my head.

More generally, there are a lot of things to dislike about Born in the USA, relative to Bruce's earlier work. It's overproduced (way too much synth-strings in the background of pretty much all the tunes), not very cohesive, overplayed on commercial radio, and some of the tracks are kind of corny ("Glory Days," "My Hometown"*). But still, there are some damn fine tunes on it, particularly this one, "Working on the Highway," and "No Surrender."

* "My Hometown" may well be corny, but I still love it because I know its subject, Freehold, NJ, quite well. My parents grew up there (they were a few years behind Bruce in High School, although one of my uncles was on his Little League team), and my grandparents still live there. Actually, for the first 3 months of my life, my parents still lived with my maternal grandparents while their house in another town was being finished, so it can kinda be considered my hometown, too.

QOTSA - The Real Song For The Deaf

Just found out about it.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Neil Young - Everybody Knows This is Nowhere

Nice. I had a good time stocking shelves tonight. I'd say hearing Cinnamon Girl was the high point musically as far as the radio went. Although as soon as the boss left when I started my shift Burning Down The House came on, which is always good.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Elliott Smith ~ Division Day

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

QOTSA - Lullabies To Paralyze

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Kirka - You get me up

From R.O.C.K, his first heavy metal album.

Pretty damn great, by the way.

RIP Kirill

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Irwin Goodman - Poing poing poing

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Pink Floyd - Childhood's End

Obscured by Clouds definetly is most underrated Pink Floyd album ever.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)