How was the next day?

Fenghuang

I spent most of the day desperately avoiding my taxes. Which, if you have seen the TV show Black Books, can inspire the strangest things.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I learned yesterday that bubble wrap around your flash actually does give you a bounced-flash effect. Sort of.

But you look like an idiot with plastic tied to the top of your camera.

Now we need a picture of that!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Guest Accept

Well, today i slept until 13.30 PM. Lovely, sleeping away the whole day... :brows:

Well, well. After that me and a friend went to the local gym for a while.

Apart from a quick run to the grocery store, I'm spending the day loading my CD collection onto my new PC. That's about as far as I'm willing to push this machine right now until I get the replacement for the power supply I had to send back-- I pulled one out of my old machine, but I don't trust it to run the video card at full draw.

And I am also desperately avoiding doing my taxes.

I'm doing my taxes.... and it sucks. I already did the federal ones, now I'm doing the state taxes, which apparently you have to do online these days in Ohio.

Also, I messed up my back today playing basketball. Now it hurts when I take deep breaths.

I think I strained the old "latissimis dorsi" while reaching for a pass that was behind me. I should probably ice it, but I'm not up to that, that's for sure. It's waaaay too cold outside to think about icing anything.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

eh just rub some mud on it youll be fine. =]

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

*Obsidian assumes no responsibility for any advice published on this forum, either implicitly or explicitly, and all opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of Obsidian Entertainment.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

speaking of taxes - I just recieved 1000$, since I've apparantly been paying too much.

But you do your own taxes over there in the US. Is that for the year to come, or?

Fortune favors the bald.

Now we need a picture of that!

It's hard to take a picture of your camera with your camera. But the article I got the idea from is here. It has a picture not too far down the page.

But you do your own taxes over there in the US. Is that for the year to come, or?

Taxes due in April in the US are for the previous year - ie, you get your tax info for 2006 at the beginning of the new year 2007 and need to send your papers by April 15, 2007. Some people may do things where they figure out estimated tax payments for the upcoming year as well, with a payment schedule, but even then you have to file something the next April (adjustments/possible extra payments).

Hope that's what you were asking?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I watched ufc tonight. Was an amazing ufc considering I thought it was goin to suck. Amazing upset fight and going to watch pride tommorow.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

"i've turned them into a rather smart casual jacket"

gotta love that show :lol:

Jehovah's Witnesses: "Hello, we'd like to talk to you about _JE_sus!"

Bernard: "Really? How is he now, come on in!"

Actually, it's mainly sorting all my damned receipts. I hate doing it. There shoud be some kind of terrible oath you can swear and then they just take your word for how much you've had to pay out. If you are found to have exagerrated too much then they sand your legs down to stumps with kitchen towel.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I watched ufc tonight. Was an amazing ufc considering I thought it was goin to suck. Amazing upset fight and going to watch pride tommorow.

Did Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic fight? He's the only fighter I am interested in in the UFC.

I'll also watch Pride FC tonight.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Taxes due in April in the US are for the previous year - ie, you get your tax info for 2006 at the beginning of the new year 2007 and need to send your papers by April 15, 2007. Some people may do things where they figure out estimated tax payments for the upcoming year as well, with a payment schedule, but even then you have to file something the next April (adjustments/possible extra payments).

Wait, you pay taxes every month right? and then they send you an estimate of it, which you have to correct for yourself - adding extra income etc. right? I hope you're not expected to pay your taxes for an entire year at once. :(

Fortune favors the bald.

No crocop fights next ufc against a guy named gonzales which looks like it could be a decent fight. Gonzales looks pretty big but he doesn't look like some fat scrub like the guy cro cop last fought against. Arlovski is also fighting next ufc but he's been having a tough time lately, the last win I saw him get was basically a cheap shot and the guy wasn't even that good he was fighting against. Anyone else I don't really know or care about except for Bisping. All I know is it's going to be scary because its a lose lose for couture. If gonzales wins that means he's actually pretty decent and couture will get destroyed and if cro crop wins well his neck is liable to get broken. poor guy :(

Wait, you pay taxes every month right? and then they send you an estimate of it, which you have to correct for yourself - adding extra income etc. right? I hope you're not expected to pay your taxes for an entire year at once. :(

For individuals, the Feds & State gov'ts (most, but not all, states have an income tax) deduct a % from payroll checks. At the end of the year, your employer(s) sends you a statement of the amounts you've earned and the taxes you've paid. You plug these amounts into the tax forms, account for any additional income/loss (like interest on investments), take any deductions that you are entitled to, and figure out how much you owe. If it's less than what has already been deducted, you get a refund; if not, you've got to pony up the difference.

Businesses generally pay estimated taxes every month, and the same annual accounting process is used to see if they've paid enough or too much.

@Rosbjerg - Ah ... yeah, Enoch explained it.

Tho not only businesses do estimated taxes. Self-employed people who make too much money (at least in the eyes of the IRS, damn their hides) often do, as well.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Something like that.

*Tries to shuffle in front of suitcase full of cocaine, and stunned grizzly bear*

-Elwood Blues

So today has been alright so far, went to church with my family which was a snooze as the new pastor is hella boring. Went out to lunch after that which was really good. Small cafe, got a sammich on dutch crust bread with a hamburger patty, cheddar cheese, cole slaw, bacon, grilled red onion, onion rings, tomato, and lettuce with french fries on the side. And a coke.

Last night was really fun though. I chilled with some friends for awhile, drove them around as sober guy. Then we went to a Wal-Mart that's open 24 hours and I walked around and watched crazy night people while eating a box of cheese nips and drinking fruit punch. Then I raced around the store on bicycles from the toy isle. I'll have to do that again sometime.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

I ate Easter dinner pretty fast so I could go outside to play with the puppy. I don't know what my parents are teaching her, but she seems to have picked up a strange fascination with chewing on...rocks?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.