How was the next day?

Fenghuang

I don't want to talk about it. >_< *Spews forth flaming bile* [coprolalial] efficiency freak [poopy-breath].

I deleted most. I've been so pissed off lately. It must be the shortening daylight, and the miserable [kiwi] weather.

Pardon my German.

:sad: Sorry, it was vulgar. Poopy-breath. :lol: Why kiwi though? I googled and *scratches head* how can coprolalial mean 'hairy buttocked'?

I had a good day, it was uneventful.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

You're thinking of dasypygal.

coprolalia

n noun Psychiatry the involuntary and repetitive use of obscene language, as a symptom of mental illness or organic brain disease.

ORIGIN

C19: from Greek kopros 'dung' + lalia 'speech, chatter'.

Today is a poor day; my friend has just completed another (third) chemotherapy course with the aim to find a good mix of chemicals to help stem the cancers; the medications are very expensive (in the order of

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Gothic Theatre, Denver, 5/17/07.

setlist as follows:

Took Out a Loan

Berlin

Spread Your Love

Six Barrel Shotgun

Weapon of Choice

Whatever Happened...? (Punk Song)

Window

Promise

Not What You Wanted

666 Conducer

Need Some Air

American X

Fault Line

Devil's Waiting

Mercy

Love Burns

Ain't No Easy Way

I'd seen BRMC when they toured behind Howl, which I had no great love for. I was much more excited to see them this time, since Baby 81 is pretty great.

The band actually started out pretty poorly. The two openers had some sound problems, which spilled over into BRMC's set and were corrected a few songs in. Robert and Peter's voices didn't carry that well, and there simply wasn't that much energy in the venue at the beginning, during the more up-tempo songs, and those songs need energy to work at their full potential. So it wasn't looking good at first, but when Peter switched over to the piano to play "Window" and "Promise", it started to pick up.

I was kind of surprised, because when I went to see BRMC last time, the Howl stuff didn't hit very hard. I was bored by it, frankly. But on the other hand, that concert had more inessential Howl than this one, plus a whole lot of middling fare from Take Them On, On Your Own. This time around the set had only a single song from TTOOYO, and only 3 songs from the self-titled. This setlist had some of the more tolerable Howl tracks and a lot of the fresh and vital new stuff.

And it worked, it worked very well. They hit a stride when they got to "Need Some Air", one of the faster tracks off the new album. It was during this song that I thought I realized what that mystery element missing from Howl was - Nick Jago's drumming. It was really, really good tonight. Jago was out of the band when Howl was recorded. At this point I had "Need Some Air" as the possible high point of the night.

The band goes through "American X" and Peter does some humorously dramatic tricks with the hoody he has on and tries his best to look like a brooding hooligan. It doesn't work. After this, the band exits the stage, and Robert comes back, stage right, with an acoustic and a harmonica strapped to his neck, Springsteen-style.

See, the thing about the BRMC live is that they're a very versatile band. Excluding Nick Jago, the members of the band switch instruments between nearly every song. One song Peter will play bass and Robert will handle the guitar, the next song they're reversed. As referenced earlier, Peter played piano and organ, while Robert played harmonica (simultaneous with guitar) They'll also trade off vocal duties, which ensured that even though both Peter Hayes and Robert Levon Been are chain smokers who like to sing in falsetto, the vocals are strong all the way through the hour and a half set.

So like I said, I'm no fan of Howl, and when Robert comes out with his acoustic I know I'm in for at least 15 minutes of pensive folkiness. And I'm getting kinda bummed by this. But he starts playing "Fault Line", and he ****ing nails it. I mean, he ****ing terrorizes that song. He's playing guitar and harmonica at the same time, like two people at once. It sounds stupid, but if you didn't see it you'd think there were two people fully invested and focused upon their instruments playing up there. And the crowd loves it, they do one of those "clap to the beat" things, which doesn't sound good, but it was. They give it the best reaction of the night. I was halfway across the theatre and I got the same feeling I got when Iggy walked up in front of me with his mic in his mouth like a chew toy.

So there's a bit of a conundrum - Nick's not playing, and a Howl song is good. I decide that what Howl was missing is a few hundred drunk hipsters and a Robert with a few more years of harmonica practice.

Robert plays "Devil's Waiting", and it's good and the crowd gets into it, but I always hated that song. Then Robert leaves and Peter comes on and plays a new track solo. It's a Howl track that got cut, and it sounds like the rest of Howl, but there's no harmonica, and the crowd's good and drunk by this point but it doesn't get nearly as much love as Robert's stuff.

Rest of band comes out, plays "Love Burns" and "Ain't No Easy Way", which the crowd is pretty into. Some guy in the front row says it's Robert's birthday, which may or may not be the case, Robert doesn't say, but the crowd still gives a good drunken half of the Happy Birthday Song, in perfect unison. And then the band leaves. Great show.

Howl session tracks (previously unreleased) -

BRMC - Grind Your Bones

BRMC - Steal A Ride

BRMC - Wishing Well

BRMC - Feel It Now

BRMC - Mercy

Edited by Pop

I discovered that the cordless electric mower doesn't quite have enough power to cut our entire lawn. One more pass would have been enough, but no, it just had to die on me. Stupid thing. *kicks the lawnmower*

On the bright side it is several orders of magnitude quieter. My MP3 player at 50% volume completely drowns out the mower noise while with the old gas mower I could barely hear my music with the player at 100% volume.

I am still waiting for a girl who I asked out on a date Tuesday to call me back giving me the go ahead. Tomorrow is my 20th birthday, this is when our rendezvous was supposed to take place, she grinned like she'd just inherited a million dollars from a distant relative she didn't know when I asked her out, but I haven't heard back from her since Tuesday and she wasn't at school yesterday.

She is cute, and has been flirting with me since the beginning of this quarter; I help her with her coursework occasionally and sit next to her in class. I ramped up the flirting and recently she's started waiting around for me and we chat each other up on break and before and after class. I am not sure what the hell went wrong, but this is a major downer for a day that should be good.

At least my mom's not about to die this time.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Maybe your flirting was trumped by someone whom she found more attractive ... not necessarily more attractive, per se, just someone whom she felt more attracted too (in her weird way).

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I just had a date with the nutcase chick from a few weeks back.

Turns out she's totally awesome.

And since I'm totally awesome too, I'm sure we'll make a great match.

Edited by Pope

Man, that sucks. I recall dating a girl a few years back. She had a face like a renaissance angel, and the grin of Satan. That didn't end well. It can be a terrible thing, but a great smile doesn't mean necessarily that the girl is great.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I just got back from buying and trying out the Arkham Horror board game. We spent about 4 hours feeling through it (pretty steep learning curve) before we had to split at 4 in the morning, but from the looks of things we weren't going to stop Ithoqua from blowing in and starting ****.

The neighbors behind us are having some kind of big party, complete with horrible accordian-vocal fast-dance music played at block-volume all afternoon. I'm about ready to go postal. :brows:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Today was very cool.

The wife and I drove down to my old hometown for my friend's bridal shower. Normally, that's not an event dudes should be within 10 miles of, but apparently it's the hot new trend to have "Jack and Jill" showers. I'm in two weddings this summer, and I'm going to have to go to two of these things.

That said, they're fun people to hang out with, and the food was good. Then, later that night, I laid down some bass tracks for my buddy's new CD.

This guy is crazy. He calls me up Wednesday and wants to know if I can play bass on some new songs he's going to record. Now, I've played bass maybe twice in the last two years. It's just not much fun to play bass unless you're in a band, and I haven't been for a while. Of course I said yes, because he's a good friend of mine and I love playing music with him, but it's a good thing he writes really easy songs -- I was pretty damn rusty.

We did six songs. Here's one right here, brought to you through the miracle of the Internet!

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Speaking of songs did anyone see that useless tart singing Abide With Me off a bloody ringbinder? Is it really too much to ask that you learn the words? I think it was a fething disgrace and she should have been chased off by a small fat man waving an alligator.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

^Couldn't be any worse than that aeroplane song on Eurovision.... could it? I dare not search.

coprolalia

n noun Psychiatry the involuntary and repetitive use of obscene language, as a symptom of mental illness or organic brain disease.

ORIGIN

Yay! Two new words! Well one and a half. Since copro is dung and lalial is chatter, could coprolalial also be used for someone who is a habitual liar? Or is that too far from the original meaning. I need a new dictionary....

The neighbors behind us are having some kind of big party, complete with horrible accordian-vocal fast-dance music played at block-volume all afternoon. I'm about ready to go postal. >_<

:) You should get them back by playing Vexations by Erik Satie. Hehe.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Today I'm stupidly hungover, I went out last night and got stupidly drunk and slightly stoned and have acquired a gigantic purple thing on my neck; I have also been informed by a few friends that I was a complete man whore. Sadly I remember none of this. Good times >_<

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I knew I should've been an animal vet. :wowey:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

^Couldn't be any worse than that aeroplane song on Eurovision.... could it? I dare not search.

coprolalia

ORIGIN

Yay! Two new words! Well one and a half. Since copro is dung and lalial is chatter, could coprolalial also be used for someone who is a habitual liar? Or is that too far from the original meaning. I need a new dictionary....

That's more compulsive lying, also described as inveterate:

inveterate

n adjective having a long-standing and firmly established habit or activity: he was an inveterate gambler. →(of a feeling or habit) firmly established.

DERIVATIVES

inveteracy noun

inveterately adverb

ORIGIN

Middle English (referring to disease, in the sense 'chronic'): from Latin inveteratus 'made old', past participle of inveterare.

Coprolalial is more for trash talk. :wowey:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I survived England and Wales. I climbed on the slopes of Rholben and hailed Ramses II amidst a throng of Libanese.

Bestest trip I've ever done.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Today I'm stupidly hungover, I went out last night and got stupidly drunk and slightly stoned and have acquired a gigantic purple thing on my neck; I have also been informed by a few friends that I was a complete man whore. Sadly I remember none of this. Good times :wowey:

I'm not really certain being a freelance gentlemen of the night would be that great.

-Elwood Blues

Today I'm stupidly hungover, I went out last night and got stupidly drunk and slightly stoned and have acquired a gigantic purple thing on my neck; I have also been informed by a few friends that I was a complete man whore. Sadly I remember none of this. Good times :wowey:

I'm not really certain being a freelance gentlemen of the night would be that great.

It's great Wals, you should try it sometime. Fun is had by all and you get the always fun experience of finding out who exactly you slept with one night 3 weeks later being unable to remember her. The girls reactions are always priceless.

Edited by Daaave

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

It's all fun and games.. until you wake up one morning thinking, "Bloody hell, why does my butt hurt so bad?".

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Haha, thankfully that's never happened to me yet. You seem to have good knowledge of this though so, any tips to avoid it? =p