How was the next day?

Fenghuang

Man I think you need to put your girl in check. She sounds absolutely insane, in a horrible way. I mean I hope she's worth it because it just sounds like she's kind of a shallow attention seeking young woman, which is a bad thing.

:lol: ALL young women are attention seeking monomaniacs, dear boy. My friend termed this 'King of the World syndrome'. Ask a 17-21 year old girl any question and the answer you will get, when decoded, is "I'm Lord of the Freaking Universe, baby!"

25+ ftw.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So uh, after wussing out for roughly six month I asked cute bookstore girl on a date.

Mind you I went in, was being rang up for the book by her, wussed out again and went out to my car; then returned to the store with my sole intention being to ask her out on a date...and she said yes.

So uh, now I'm worried I'll eff it up because unlike the couple few dates I've been on in the last year, I really like this girl, and I am pretty sure I'll screw this up somehow.

Anyway, she's supposed to call me later to make more solidified plans as she was still working when I asked her.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Kudos for asking, mate. Any idea where you're going to go? Is she quirky or traditional?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Just watch out for knives, axes, and chainsaws.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

So uh, now I'm worried I'll eff it up because unlike the couple few dates I've been on in the last year, I really like this girl, and I am pretty sure I'll screw this up somehow.

Bah, who cares how it goes from here? You've asked her, you've taken the leap so you've already won. The rest is just bonus. Go out, enjoy yourself and feel no pressure whatsoever.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

So uh, after wussing out for roughly six month I asked cute bookstore girl on a date.

Mind you I went in, was being rang up for the book by her, wussed out again and went out to my car; then returned to the store with my sole intention being to ask her out on a date...and she said yes.

Anyway, she's supposed to call me later to make more solidified plans as she was still working when I asked her.

http://www.fastseduction.com/guide/

Well, I found out how much in debt I am today. $71,000 USD. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Bah, who cares how it goes from here? You've asked her, you've taken the leap so you've already won. The rest is just bonus. Go out, enjoy yourself and feel no pressure whatsoever.

Confidence = sexy.

Talk about stuff you like, but try to keep the conversation centred on her, and what she likes. :aiee:

I had a great couple of days in Milano.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well, I found out how much in debt I am today. $71,000 USD. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Yowza! Student loans?

That is most of it.

Yesterday evening, I went to hang up a shirt. I bent my head down to hold the hook of the hanger under my chin while I buttoned the front buttons. As I did this, I got the worst kink in my neck I've ever had. It felt like someone was tagging me with a cattle prod right at the base of my neck, shading towards my left shoulder. A couple of ibuprofen and some fine Irish whiskey made the pain tolerable enough to sleep, but it was not a very restful night. When I woke up at around 6:30, it didn't feel any better than it had when it first happened. I took more pills (hooray for huge Costco bottles of generic ibuprofen!!) and waited for them to kick in.

It's now a couple hours later and I've decided to call out sick from work. I felt like a total wuss leaving the message for my boss explaining why I was out, but it shouldn't be a problem. None of my current projects have any impending deadlines and this is only the second sick day I've used since I started there last August.

I'd go and get a doctor / physiotherapist / geisha to look at your neck, too. It might pass by without any treatment, but it also might only require a little cold / heat / pressure treatment, too.

My girlfriend gave herself a buzz cut and I made the mistake of being honest and telling her that I was right when I told her repeatedly not to shave her head because it would look awful. So she bic'ed it and shaved her eyebrows just to spite me and seems to honestly think it looks awesome. And I'm just too stupid to realize that I should just stop telling the truth and just go along with her delusions.

Did she do that because of the treatment for her illness? Ive seen people do that before for that reason. Not the eyebrows mind you but eh, she was showing you a thing or two.

She had wanted to shave her head for a while, and finally decided to do it. Its really putting a lot of strain on a relationship that was already strained. Every time we talk she brings up her hair, which eventually leads to me mentioning how much I hate it, which pisses her off and I get in trouble.

L2carelessabouthair

I've been over it for weeks, but she keeps bringing it up.

I had to create a list of "banned subjects" with a particularly truculent partner. Basically this is a list of topics that are agreed by both parties to be unimprovable with further conversation, and serve only as mechanisms for escalating a discussion into an argument. Just agree beforehand who was to blame, if that is what is required, then agree that they will not be spoken of again (at all preferably, but at least not during a discussion about other things, and definitely not during an argument).

It allows you to say "Wait a minute, we agreed that we wouldn't talk about that anymore. Yes, it was my fault, and No, neither of us can do anything about it now. Let's talk about what we really want to talk about, instead." :)

Good luck. :teehee:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'd go and get a doctor / physiotherapist / geisha to look at your neck, too. It might pass by without any treatment, but it also might only require a little cold / heat / pressure treatment, too.

I took a hot shower, which did seem to help a bit. I think I've got a heating pad around here somewhere-- I'll try to dig it up later today. I'd rather not go see someone today, since driving is pretty hazardous when you can't look over either shoulder. If it doesn't improve after a day or two, I'll get my girlfriend to drive me to the doctor.

This is some kind of karma for spending most of the workday yesterday wishing that the weekend would get here. Ironic wish fulfillment sucks. :verymad:

Bummer about your neck, man.

My place of employment is expanding, and management bought us all new office chairs. However, most people like their old chairs better. This is a problem, because we weren't allowed to keep our old chairs. See, it looks better for visitors to the office when everybody has the same chair. Uniformity and all that.

Now I don't mind the new chair (we're basically trading the comfort of a broken-in chair for better lumbar support), but some of my colleagues absolutely hate it. It will be interesting to see the effect this trivial matter has on "company culture."

The company softball team got killed again last night. There wasn't much we could do; the other team was hitting one out of the park almost every inning. Still, it's never fun to get beat 24-6.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I took more pills (hooray for huge Costco bottles of generic ibuprofen!!) and waited for them to kick in.

Heh, I have a couple of those in my cabinent, and they get used now ... a lot. :D

Hope the neck gets better. Funny how what seems like a little thing at first - that you think will just go away really quick - can be such a pain in the, well, neck.

And my day so far - woke up and it's raining. Meh. Summer comes later every year.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You must be so pleased with the return on your investment ... :brows:"

If there was an actual job where I live that called for my degree I haven't found it. At times I thought I would have been better off not even trying which I probably would have been. Yep, I f**king suck. Some days I feel it would be better if I stick a knife in my wrist.

Edited by Sand

If only that was an option. :p

Earlier today I became an uncle, little Madisyn was born 7lbs. 13 ounces. Kudos to my sis for carrying around the tot upside down in her belly so she wouldn't get broken or anything.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

What is your degree in sand?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.