Icewind Dale Revisited - GameBanshee Feature

funcroc

When is 76%, a C grade average, considered a high score? :teehee:

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

rarely is a 76 only a C. most teachers actually break students' grades into blocks, assigning letter grades based on what turns out to be fairly natural breaks in performance. i got a D in a class once with a 69, but had an A going into the final with a 74 (of course, that teacher was a bastard, but that's another story).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I really enjoied IWD and its expansions the whole atmosphere of the game when it was released was a really nice change to baldurs gate.

IWD 2 on the otherhand, well I've just got round to playing it to be honest, it's not bad when you put it next to IE games, but it really feels dated to me, clunky, despite it's interface overhaul.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

IWD2's main weakness was the story, some of its locations (I hated the Ice Temple), and the challenge rating system which made slaughtering the waves and waves of monsters thrown at you (hook horrors anyone?) really tiresome, while it could've been cool if you'd just get any xp for it.

The 3E ruleset was perfect for a player-created party game though, and some of the other locations were awesome (Targos and the goblin fortress).

Icewind Dale 2 was a screwed up game. First of all, the world seemed to be very disjointed, the story didnt flow. My next problem with the game was the crap rewards for combat. Not only would you not get any XP at all, but there also werent any decent items to be found.

Icewind Dale 1 hit rewards spot on. When you finished Kresselacks tomb, for example, you got his powerful amulet that made you kick so much more ass in combat. There was always cool and unique stuff to find. In Icewind Dale 2, I kept finding the same goddamned magic sling again and again.

I thought there was a severe lack of Returning Frost Darts in IWD2.

For the record, Big Bottom is not my alt...

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

In a party of 6 I usually like 2 fighters (fighter, barb, paladin etc), an arcane user (sorc, wiz), a cleric, a druid and a thief.

A druid and a cleric, eh? That never occurred to me. I usually had (fighter / monk / cleric / thief / arcane / bard) or (fighter / fighter / cleric / thief / arcane / bard). Perhaps I should cut down on the bard.

Edited by Pop

I made a party of 6 monk halflings one time. It was interesting seeing them fight.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Ridiculously funny!

:teehee:

I did the same with my last game of ToEE. A bunch of naked halflings kicking and hitting everyone to death! WHEEEEEEEEEE! :thumbsup:

Edited by Sand

In a party of 6 I usually like 2 fighters (fighter, barb, paladin etc), an arcane user (sorc, wiz), a cleric, a druid and a thief.

A druid and a cleric, eh? That never occurred to me.

being an avid BG2 player, it is a common practice for me because i always keep jaheira. no way in IWD2, however.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

A druid and a cleric, eh? That never occurred to me.

being an avid BG2 player, it is a common practice for me because i always keep jaheira. no way in IWD2, however.

taks

When I kept Jaheira on, she was my cleric. She had all the relevant healing spells ( - restoration, but + negative protection) and her super special Harper raise dead. I'm just not quite sure what the definite benefits are in regard to druids and IWD2.

I'm kind of surprised that HoW recieved so much crticism for it's short length, mainly because the original Baldur's Gate recieved a very short expansion that if nothing else, felt shorter than HoW. I remember one store was selling Tales of the Sword Coast for 50 bucks. I wasn't crazy enough to pay that amount for a small expansion that added a werewolf island, a keep and a few other upgrades.

Wish Bioware had released something like Trials of the Luremaster for TotSC.

When I kept Jaheira on, she was my cleric. She had all the relevant healing spells ( - restoration, but + negative protection) and her super special Harper raise dead. I'm just not quite sure what the definite benefits are in regard to druids and IWD2.

Awesome offensive spells and wildshape forms.

Awesome offensive spells and wildshape forms.

I'll give it a whirl, then.