So, i'm deaf apparently.

Gorgon

I went to the ear doctor today because I had a blockage in my right ear, which was taken care of in a minuite. So then he decides to give me a test to see if everything was ok, and it turns out I have moderate hearing loss. :S

Not in the spectrum of speech but in the high frequencies, which is why I never noticed it. Apparently all it takes is one concert played too loud and standing in the wrong place. Remember your earplugs kids.

http://www.freehearingtest.com/core.shtml

You can test yourself here. I can't hear a damn thing in the final 8 hrz category.

Almost wish I didn't find out because now i'm all depressed about growing old and the various inevitable system's failures.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Guest Accept
That and I also go completely deaf whenever my lady starts bitching.

:yucky::lol:

--

Can't say i'm having any problems with my hearing - for now.

But my eyesight... after the last test, at the local hospital, it became clear that i'm a bit colourblind. So i couldnt be a Pilot, captain on a ship or Officer in the Army, they said. And, well... yes, it stung a little bit, don't know why since i've never really wanted to be a pilot... but... yeah. :/

I can hear everything in that test which is weird because I listen to more loud music than God.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Does God listen to loud music? :yucky:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

So they say, but how do we know for certain. :yucky:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I can hear everything in that test which is weird because I listen to more loud music than God.

Funnily enough I can hear them all aswell, and I am known for my love of extremely loud music, and noise. I also used to work in a nightclub where I would test the PA at 130+db (well over the advised safety levels).

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

I get tinnitus in my ears from listening to my headphones too loud when younger. For a while I tried pointing this out to people on the train and bus etc, but soon got fed up. People just won't listen. It's sad because I used to have a very good ear for music.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I was almost deaf on one ear after a concert, where I was next to a speaker for a while. A whole day of tinnitus followed, then the noise began to fade slowly and my ability to hear returned in the same pace. I was seriously afraid to have lost my hearing, because I was told that there's some kind of little inear-hairs that can't be regenerated once damaged. Well, it's okay again now, but I won't attend any concert without earplugs anymore.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

It should not be too difficult to create software that will not allow say, an MP3 player, to output levels that will result in damage to your ears.

That could solve the problems of leves of mp3 files as well. I hate the way some of mine are just barely audible, and when the next track comes on its so loud I have to rip off my headphones.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I can hear very well to the point of silliness sometimes. But its strange with those very faint noises, its like you dont know if youve actually heard it or just made it up in your head.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

JBS Haldane (who, in the latter half of the nineteenth century, helped marry Darwin's "survival of the fittest" and Mendel dominant and recessive trait observations but was primarily obsessed with submarines, and acquired a decompression chamber "pressure pot") noted in one of his essays, "the drum generally heals up; and if a hole remains in it, although one is somewhat deaf, one can blow tobacco smoke out of the ear in question, which is a social accomplishment."

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I can't make the volume on XP alone go low enough, using headphones, to "barely" be able to hear the initial sound. I put Windows vol. as low as it can go before it shuts off completely, and it was still loud & piercing. Had to use another program to reduce by another 18 'dB' to make it almost silent. Then w/the test, I can hear every tone - the first one is the quietest to me, the last one loud and hurts my ears even w/the initial low volume.

They should have a couple more low tones on that 'test'. If I have any hearing loss at this point, it's in the lower registers...the high tones have always driven me nuts. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm pretty sure that despite what volume it's at it houldn't make a difference as long as sound is comming out of the speaker.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Incidentally I assume everyone here has seen It's All Gone Pete Tong? Great film about a DJ who goes deaf and associated comedy.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Woah, that was a great test. I'm curious why that is not a clinical standard, since it was, and I've done a few, very professional.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds