Swiss invade Liechtenstein!!!!!

kumquatq3

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070302/ap_on_...staken_invasion

Mildly amusing:

ZURICH, Switzerland - What began as a routine training exercise almost ended in an embarrassing diplomatic incident after a company of Swiss soldiers got lost at night and marched into neighboring Liechtenstein.

According to Swiss daily Blick, the 170 infantry soldiers wandered just over a mile across an unmarked border into the tiny principality early Thursday before realizing their mistake and turning back.

A spokesman for the Swiss army confirmed the story but said that there were unlikely to be any serious repercussions for the mistaken invasion.

"We've spoken to the authorities in Liechtenstein and it's not a problem," Daniel Reist told The Associated Press.

Officials in Liechtenstein also played down the incident.

Interior ministry spokesman Markus Amman said nobody in Liechtenstein had even noticed the soldiers, who were carrying assault rifles but no ammunition. "It's not like they stormed over here with attack helicopters or something," he said.

Liechtenstein, which has about 34,000 inhabitants and is slightly smaller than Washington DC, doesn't have an army.

"Liechtenstein, which has about 34,000 inhabitants and is slightly smaller than Washington DC, doesn't have an army."

Not like they could stop an invasion, anyways. L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Very interesting. Seems like I have found a convenient staging ground. -.-

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

"Liechtenstein, which has about 34,000 inhabitants and is slightly smaller than Washington DC, doesn't have an army."

They could probably kick France's ass though. :brows:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

They could probably kick France's ass though. :brows:

France has the toughest army in the world....but of course none of them are French, that's why they have the French foreign legion. :woot:

If any of you would care to express these opinions to an actual French officer I would be more than happy to arrange it. :brows:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If any of you would care to express these opinions to an actual French officer I would be more than happy to arrange it. :woot:

Would he greet us with both hands up in the air?

I imagine they would greet you with a great many welcoming gestures. :brows:

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

They could probably kick France's ass though. :teehee:

France has the toughest army in the world....but of course none of them are French, that's why they have the French foreign legion. :sweat:

*sends Hilde a birthday telegram*

"Bon Anniversaire"

manthing2.jpg

If any of you would care to express these opinions to an actual French officer I would be more than happy to arrange it. :teehee:

Is she hot?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If any of you would care to express these opinions to an actual French officer I would be more than happy to arrange it. :teehee:

Is she hot?

If you like facial hair. And men.

-Elwood Blues

If you like facial hair. And men.

Tale, one out of two ain't bad! :teehee:

I've been playing supreme commander too much...

Is anyone else uncomfortable with Hilde having even virtual nukes? :sweat:

Edited by kumquatq3

I'm just uncomfortable with Hilde.

I do have a question though. Why do the French have three colors in their flag when they only use one?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

'France surrenders' jokes stopped being funny...well, truth to be told, I am not sure if they ever were funny. I guess they would have to have been, sometime, otherwise people wouldn't keep telling them. Might have been before I was born, though. Anyway, is this actually the first time the Swiss invade somewhere?

I'm just uncomfortable with Hilde.

I do have a question though. Why do the French have three colors in their flag when they only use one?

It's basically a merger of two flags during the french revolution, the traditional royal flag (the white flag) and the coat of arms of the city of Paris (red and blue).

I guess in times of conflict, they revert to old habits and just hoist the traditional white flag :teehee:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

They could probably kick France's ass though. :teehee:

France has the toughest army in the world....but of course none of them are French, that's why they have the French foreign legion. :shifty:

tanks are coming, zomg! :sweat:

edit: Nevermind, they were canadians :ermm:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I suppose you noticed that the missile in question is a US TOW? The United States, incidentally, famous for only joining in a fight when it was basically over *cheek*. As one German officer put it "You have the Americans, we have the Italians."

In any event, racial steroetyping may be fun, but this particular variant has run its course.

-Elwood Blues

Reopened.

WARNING clip contains adult language and vernacular typical of the naval environment.

-Elwood Blues

Have we offended someone with our barbs? I wouldn't want to do that. ...But, on the other hand, barbs concerning my religion are beneath notice while some pretty damned low key quips about the French are real no-nos. I'm just wondering, for the sake of argument, if this constitutes policy on these boards now?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

French jokes never get old, not any more than foreigners joking about Americans.

The Frenchies bring it on themselves for having their nose stuck up in the air and thinking they are all that. :)

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Funny initial post! But some things I'd like to say/ask about it:

1. Wtf is Hilde? [edit] k, I got it, must have slipped my attention :-

Anyway, is this actually the first time the Swiss invade somewhere?

Yes, at least under their own banner... In times long past, Swiss S

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority