S.t.a.l.k.e.r.: Shadow of Chernobyl (impressions video inside)

Lare Kikkeli

Hey, I thought both this and Dragon Age was vaporware, and I didn't take a break from the Internet.

I'm glad they're both ongoing projects.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

If nothing else, eastern europe developers (especially russians) are in whole awesome coders :woot:

Oh, thanks to this topic I've become mildly interested in this game. :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

A must-play. Post-apoc immersive mercenary fps action.

Please be good, please.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sold.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Interesting review, but i'll wait for some more reviews from fellow forumites before i would consider buying it.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm still worried about the playability and bugginess of the game, but it's been so long since I bought a new game that I really don't care. Even if its a complete disaster, I'm only out $40 US, which would be the total amount of money I've spent on computer gaming during the last 12 months.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Its not a CRPG so I will more than likely pass.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Sweet god I finally decided to watch that video and it was ridiculously big! Anyway, that was very stupid thing to do. :)

It and that review really hyped me. I want this game ASAP

Stupid video... More money flying away from daddy :sad:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)