S.t.a.l.k.e.r.: Shadow of Chernobyl (impressions video inside)

Lare Kikkeli

Not really STALKER related, but Chernobyl related: Photographic records Spring '07. It's actually sort of a narrative. Pretty incredible. You can see some of the conceptual inspiration for STALKER areas there.

imag5.1.jpg

That narrative was more interesting before I found out it was a lie.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Got it through Stumbleupon, so I can't really speak to its authenticity.

She didn't ride her bike through there. She took a guided tour just like everyone else does, wore a biker jacket, brought a helmet, and posed for pictures. Aspects of it are true, she did visit and some of what she is describing is likely true, but the narrative part of her riding a bike through alone is not.

Edited by Tale

Depends on your definition of "reliable."

There's some information floating around saying she was part of a guided tour and supposed admissions from her. http://www.uer.ca/forum_showthread_archive.asp?threadid=8951 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elena_Filatova http://www.uer.ca/forum_showthread_archive...1&pp#post13 This could all be rumors and heresay, and I'm not one to trust a furry, but the claims that motorcycles and going alone into Chernobyl are prohibited sounds a little too reasonable.

Edited by Tale

Thanks for posting the forum site. I checked out "pulse's" links. Interestingly this "Rimma" person works for a government agency, so she could have been feeding those people propaganda in order to minimize the true damages. Again, not entirely reliable, and unfortunately I can't trust any of the players in this game. I like some of the photos though, regardless of where they might have been taken. :bat:

Edited by Wistrik

I have a question for those people who play Stalker on a minimal system -read P4 4.0 and 6800 Ultra-, how does it run? Is it worth buying, or should I only get it after I upgrade?

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I wouldn't call that a minimal system. I was running it just fine on a AMD 64 3000+ with an ati X700 graphics card.

I was running it just fine on a AMD 64 3000+ with an ati X700 graphics card.

Ok, thanks, I just wanted to make sure I could run it before spending hours downloading the patch and dollars getting the game... :thumbsup:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

A fourth patch is about to be released. It is almost done but was suspended due to E3. Work should be resuming shortly. You may want to wait before starting a new game.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I have a question for those people who play Stalker on a minimal system -read P4 4.0 and 6800 Ultra-, how does it run? Is it worth buying, or should I only get it after I upgrade?

It depends on your screen's optimal resolution of course, but I run it with maxed out settings on a P4 3.0 and a 7600GT. However, it seems to me that what's most important with Stalker is the RAM: switching from 1 to 2 Gbs gave me a nice FPS boost.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

If you add 1Gb of RAM it should run perfectly at 1280x960. And even if you don't it should run fine, anyway.

Heja Sverige!!

However, it seems to me that what's most important with Stalker is the RAM: switching from 1 to 2 Gbs gave me a nice FPS boost.

Ok, I'm already at 2.5 Gbs of RAM, so it sounds like I would be able to run the game with an acceptable level of graphics...

-Hurlshot

I'd say you should run it with great graphics

Heja Sverige!!

I'd say "stick your hands in the air and hand over the computer."

That would work too.

Heja Sverige!!