Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Ghost Rider isn't good. But I didn't expect it to be good. So I was entertained and came away happy

No, clearly you did not see Ghost Rider, as the impressions of it are not subjective. The movie does not make people happy. The fight scenes are comically bad, but not quite as bad as the love story, and the plot...oooooo the plot......lets just say the holes are so big even Johnny Blaze couldn't jump them.

It, however, grossed $44.5 million.

The wife and I saw Princess Bride and The Legend of Bagger Vance yesterday. Today, we shall see something as yet not determined.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Batman - the Adam West version based on the old series.

It was on TV/hi-def. The Joker never looked so colorful before. I could see a mustache through the white pancake makeup! :dancing:

At first, I laughed myself silly at the corny cheeseball of the whole thing - a "Bat Ladder" sign attached to the bottom of a ladder, a rubbery shark biting on Batman's leg and not even making a toothmark in the blue tights, all that. I think I wore out my humor chesse-o-meter after that tho - the rest seemed plain ol stupid. But nostalgic.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

El Laberinto del Fauno (american name pans laberinth)

very good movie.( just a warning not for kids its rated r for graphic violence)

Just seen it. A really great movie.

Also, Fountain, but it was incredibly boring and uninspiring movie.

Edited by Diamond

The Prestige

Most of the film keeps you guessing but there is a point where everything is easily discovered but the movie tries to keep you guessing anyway which seems pathetic to me.

It's a very good film nonetheless however with great images and great acting, although I thought Ms. Johanssen's character was somewhat wasted.

8/10 :)

The Prestige

Most of the film keeps you guessing but there is a point where everything is easily discovered but the movie tries to keep you guessing anyway which seems pathetic to me.

It's a very good film nonetheless however with great images and great acting, although I thought Ms. Johanssen's character was somewhat wasted.

8/10 :)

Yea, the thing about the film is the sheer number of things you have to "guess" at. You're bound to miss something. However, all "twists" are all set up fairly.

I like Lucky Number Slevin! :sorcerer:

I saw Science of Sleep, The Departed and An Incovenient Truth, All good.

The Departed was excellent i believe. :thumbsup: Also i have seen Crank, that movie is Shweeet too. I've been an action junkie recently, i dont know why. :devil:

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Lucky Number Slevin. This movie tries too hard to be thoughtful and hip, while the plot is as obvious as a fart in a church.

What movies DO you like?

I like lots of movies, Alan. I'm just tired of seeing this mobster/hitman fetish going on in Hollywood. It's like there are three kinds of movies out right now : comic book adaptations, gangster/hitman movies, and chick flicks.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Lucky Number Slevin. This movie tries too hard to be thoughtful and hip, while the plot is as obvious as a fart in a church.

What movies DO you like?

I like lots of movies, Alan. I'm just tired of seeing this mobster/hitman fetish going on in Hollywood. It's like there are three kinds of movies out right now : comic book adaptations, gangster/hitman movies, and chick flicks.

What we need is a comic book adaptation of chick flick gangsters!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"I meant Kubrick's, his is a masterpiece."

No. The acting was either dissapointing (Nicholson), or outright horrible (the wife known as Olive Oyl).

"That remake wasn't that great."

The remake was better. From top to bottom; not much was wrong with it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

No. The acting was either dissapointing (Nicholson), or outright horrible (the wife known as Olive Oyl).

Jack did another film called One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest which, Volourn, you should watch and learn some tips for when somebody puts you in such a place as where this film takes place.

LOLZ! :aiee:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle (:aiee:, Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny (5), Inside Man (8), and Smoke - I like how Perrineau was something like 2 years younger than Whitaker, and Giancarlo Esposito needed a bigger part (which he kinda got in Blue in the Face, but whatever) - (9).

You are so your own person, I bet you wear black everyday. :thumbsup:

I saw Fearless a couple of days ago. The highest possible score I could give this movie is a 6, but really its only a 4. Bad editing, a lack of character development, you name it this movie suffers from it. The movie is such an egotistical romp on Jet Li's part that it will difficult to take him seriously ever again.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.