Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

it's the American English use of "check" instead of the correct "cheque". :lol:

The USA don't use the French spelling of the word and neither should the Brits. But thanks for playing.

The British use the BRITISH spelling, but thanks for trying to play.

cheque (United States check)

n noun an order to a bank to pay a stated sum from the drawer's account, written on a specially printed form.

ORIGIN

C18 (originally denoting a counterfoil, or a form with a counterfoil): variant of check

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Anatomy of a murder and Bounty with my wife.

Planes Trains and Automobiles again on my own,

Leathal weapon tomorrow with the wife.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Watership Down.

Never as good as the book, but I like it a lot better than Bambi.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

They absolutly need to make a Punisher sequel, only this time with non-stop action. That last battle was feakin' sweet!

Funny thing about Planes, Trains & Automobiles: The movie recieved a R rating, but this rating was recieved only for a single scene involving Steve Martin cursing at a rent-a-car lady. The movie was on the abc family channel not to long ago and the only scene edited/removed was this scene. I think it is just such an oddity that 99.9% of a movie is PG material but a single 30 second scene got the movie a hard 'R'. :rolleyes:

I agree. You know that scene wasn't even really vital to the film, although it was funny. "You're ******!" I love the part where Steve Martin looks over at John Candy and sees the devil. hahaha

Okay, tonight we watch Lethal Weapon.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

He's just hot. :)

With the exception of Battlefield Earth, I'd agree. :D

I watched The Edge again, mostly for the ludicously hilarious bear antics.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Catch-22

Much better than the book.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Swingers (9), Le Cercle Rouge (7), Dead Man's Shoes (6), Im Juli (9), Gegen die Wand (10), The Fog of War - Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara (10), Indagine su un Cittadino al di Sopra di ogni Sospetto (9), My Name is Earl (7), and Day Break (:).

I agree. You know that scene wasn't even really vital to the film, although it was funny. "You're ******!" I love the part where Steve Martin looks over at John Candy and sees the devil. hahaha

That whole scene (going the wrong way) had me in stitches when I first saw it as a kid. Seeing their faces turn to skulls, John Candy as the devil and the sheer absurdity of it all was just too awesome! I'm laughing just thinking about it.

As for a single scene causing a rating increase, that's not surprising. I remember watching a behind the scenes of Fast and Furious and the director was talking about how the MPAA notified them that currently the film will get an 'R' rating. They told them what scene was causing it, though not what specifically was causing it (apparently they have to figure that part out for themselves). The film crew figured it was because of a close up of the guy's arm when he's hanging from the truck door which was rather bloody.

The Departed.

Is it wierd for me to say that I liked the blood splatters more than anything else in the movie? Shooting --> bullet hit --> cool blood effect.

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

The movie didn't pull any punches with the blood effect.

All in all, I really enjoyed the movie though. The ending had me going in loops and circles with my jaw frequently dropped.

Oh, yes that is weird.

Weirdo.

Edited by alanschu

Hahaha fair enough.

I will say one thing, ever since seeing him in Catch Me If You Can, Leonardo DiCaprio has become one of my more liked actors. I hated him back in the pretty boy days. Didn't care for Basketball Diaries, Titanic, Romey and Juliet. I really enjoyed both Departed and Blood Diamond.