Sports you do

Sturm

Guest The Architect
In theory, yes. Portugal has, at least since the 60s, always had excellent players who could a truly excellent team. In terms of organization and psychologically, however, the Portuguese football team has always been a team of screw ups. Even in our finest hours we've managed to screw up against teams which, on paper, were worse than us.

For reference, Portugal has only qualified for 4 World Cups and 4 European Championships. And, by my reckoning, only twice were we knocked out by a better team (France, both times).

Note: You English peoples can shout all you want about the 1966 World Cup, but that English team wasn't all that good.

Yeah, Portugal has indeed produced great soccer players and have produced teams, which on paper, any coach would dream of having for their side. As you

Edited by The Architect

Yeah, Portugal has indeed produced great soccer players and have produced teams, which on paper, any coach would dream of having for their side. As you

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Anyone who says soccer is for pansies should test playing in defence. In second last game of last season my fellow defender broke his collar bone. <_<

Thats not so much an endorsement on the toughness of soccer as much as an indictment on the frailty of it's players

Righties.

I must add that I find your signature to be very, very distracting :aiee::p

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Note: You English peoples can shout all you want about the 1966 World Cup, but that English team wasn't all that good.

I actually think this makes the victory sweeter for the English; they seem to revel in the fact that they won (even though replays show the ball never crossed the goal line): just so long as they can make a chant up to irritate the German fans, then all is well. :blink:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I was referring specifically to the semifinal between Portugal and England.

Heja Sverige!!

Guest The Architect
First off, I don't think Scolari is all that brilliant. He's good at people management, but tactically is kind of meh. However, what he did bring to the Portuguese national team was a winning mentality, and that has worked wonders for the team. Although, I'd have to say that what really made a difference for the National Team was Mourinho's work at Porto. He basically created the back bone for the National team, both for Euro 2004 and the last World Cup

As for general coaching problems, while they were definitely a part of the problem, I think the bigger issue is the Portuguese Federation, which is run by a bunch of incompetent idiots.

2006 wasn't Portugal's best World Cup, 1966 was their best. There they reached 3rd place, as opposed to 4th place in the last World Cup.

I should have made an effort to check on the net

Edited by The Architect

I don't have much time to exercise these days. I used to fence sabre and play soccer (fullback).

I actually think this makes the victory sweeter for the English; they seem to revel in the fact that they won (even though replays show the ball never crossed the goal line)

It makes it even funnier that they will never stop hating Maradona for '86.

I don't have much time to exercise these days.  I used to fence sabre and play soccer (fullback).

I actually think this makes the victory sweeter for the English; they seem to revel in the fact that they won (even though replays show the ball never crossed the goal line)

He cheated! He admitted it and still got away with it!!!!!!! we could have won!! :angry:

I'm guessing some post Falklands conflict tension had something to do with the reaction.

knight training

I remember my days in the mystical fantasyland devoid of reality. But then someone came along and invented ritalin :)

Sleep tight sweet prince

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

He cheated! He admitted it and still got away with it!!!!!!! we could have won!! :angry:

I'm guessing some post Falklands conflict tension had something to do with the reaction.

The running commentary in the comments section here is great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCJ3w7lJqyU

Though to be honest, Diego's Hand of God goal has overshadowed the goal that came shortly after, which was downright amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPWsGMsHDlo

:lol:

I saw the other post before it was deleted, ROFL.

I won? I never win anything! :joy: [/not sarcasm] Because I know you were joking, not because it's you, but no one could get pissed off about something so petty.  :( I would hope not anyway. :huh:

Reading this post reminded me of when I said to you I know because it

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

knight training

I remember my days in the mystical fantasyland devoid of reality. But then someone came along and invented ritalin :o

Sleep tight sweet prince

See the Order of the Dragon link in my sig, I am an official member, and have all the valid papers for it.

I mentioned this quite many times already, I thought this is not new news.

IB1OsQq.png

Obscure attempt at humour: So fighting not to pay the scutage is considered a sport?

Heja Sverige!!

He's training to become a ninja knight, which is akin in awesomeness and realism to the ninja pirate.

Heja Sverige!!

I don't have much time to exercise these days.  I used to fence sabre and play soccer (fullback).

And if your Auntie had wheels she'd be a wagon. :blink:

Hee hee, but the English just love to be good losers, even if it means that they don't win. :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I used to be a martial art freak back in Highschool and College. I can honestly say I spent more time in the dojo punching, kicking and sparring than I did go to school.

I'm kinda flabby now, with work and actually studying, so the only exercise I'm doing is hitting the gym trying to get back in moderate to good shape again.

soccer

ninjutsu

knight training

(God bless the globalization!  ^_^ )

Last I heard, there were only two proper ninja left in the world, and they were both very old men in Japan...

Maybe you mean the Grandmaster (Masaaki Hatsumi) in one of them (sp?) :)

Ninjutsu is now learned on the whole world, and there are 5 hungarian teachers who go to japan atleast once per year to learn there, and then they come back to teach what they have learned.

http://www.magyarninjutsu.hu/

http://seijin.ninjutsu.hu/nin_fegyverek.php

That its not likely doesn't mean its not true. :aiee:

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

See the Order of the Dragon link in my sig, I am an official member, and have all the valid papers for it.

I mentioned this quite many times already, I thought this is not new news.

We have some organizations like that here in the U.S. one is called the KKK, they have knights, and Grandmasters and Dragons and such. The other the Super Adventure Club, that one is probaly more up your alley

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.