NWN2 Modding project

Guard Dog

Fan feelings aside, those look pretty good.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Thanks for the kind words. Here's a small glimpse of the first community the Protagonist is likely to enter. I think it's at about 90% visually. I've laid out all of the "featured" interiors and exteriors in the module and created all of the NPCs, but only a small number of dialogues.

http://diogenes-lamp.info/images/tbh/tbh001.jpg

Those icons and that screenshot have brought a poisonous tear to this devil's eye...

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Here I was thinking this was just a joke you had put way too much effort into ^_^

Are you planning on making a gestalt adventure, or releasing a sort of episodic content, town-by-town deal? I don't know how much of the Black Hound was planned out, but it must have been fairly long.

Thanks for the kind words.  Here's a small glimpse of the first community the Protagonist is likely to enter.  I think it's at about 90% visually.  I've laid out all of the "featured" interiors and exteriors in the module and created all of the NPCs, but only a small number of dialogues.

Curses to that myopic, directionally-challenged PC who torments us by not looking towards the town!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Here I was thinking this was just a joke you had put way too much effort into ^_^

Are you planning on making a gestalt adventure, or releasing a sort of episodic content, town-by-town deal? I don't know how much of the Black Hound was planned out, but it must have been fairly long.

One big campaign. TBH was designed to be very open, and I think it would undermine some of my goals to make it episodic.

Curses to that myopic, directionally-challenged PC who torments us by not looking towards the town!

I don't have any custom buildings for White Ford, so the three distinctive elements of the community are the small fords themselves (though the "real" ford over the River Arkhen lies outside the town), Beacon Tor, and the Wolf Wall. One of the fords and the Wolf Wall can be seen in that shot. When I think I have enough going on "fo' rilla" in the town, I'll take some more shots.

Very nice. I do look forward to this. :thumbsup:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I have got only the following thing to say:

:thumbsup::aiee::p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

He who laughs last, laughs best.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

HA!

I will laugh last! :thumbsup:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Thanks for the kind words.  Here's a small glimpse of the first community the Protagonist is likely to enter.  I think it's at about 90% visually.  I've laid out all of the "featured" interiors and exteriors in the module and created all of the NPCs, but only a small number of dialogues.

This sounds great - and brings some questions to mind,

Are you going to do the whole thing yourself or are any of your fellow Obsidianites going to contribute? Maybe some who also worked on the original?

Are you able to use the assets from the original game? Do you have the original dialogue you can just plug in? It would be cool if you could incorporate some of the art into the game.

Any chance it could become some kind of premium module that is staffed, financed, etc. etc.

Also, it seems like a big undertaking, how long do you think it would take to complete something like this?

The big question here is will J.E. change the death rules for his module. Permadeath anyone?

Whoa (w00t) That looks cool. :shifty:

Are you going to do the whole thing yourself or are any of your fellow Obsidianites going to contribute?  Maybe some who also worked on the original?

Are you able to use the assets from the original game? Do you have the original dialogue you can just plug in?  It would be cool if you could incorporate some of the art into the game.

Any chance it could become some kind of premium module that is staffed, financed, etc. etc.

Also, it seems like a big undertaking, how long do you think it would take to complete something like this?

I might wrangle a few assets out of some people if I can convince them to help me. Other folks are contributing advice on level building and scripting and generally just offering encouraging comments.

The only assets I can use from the original game are the design docs I wrote and the dialogues I wrote.

I don't really want it to become a premium module. I'd rather work on it by myself as a personal project with all of the inherent benefits and limitations that come with that. I think it will probably take me between 1 and 3 years to fully build.

Since this isn't actually my thread, I'm going to stop answering questions now. When I have more to show, I'll start a new thread specifically about the campaign.

P.S.: Permadeath with a "death's door"-style system is planned.

Since this isn't actually my thread, I'm going to stop answering questions now.  When I have more to show, I'll start a new thread specifically about the campaign.

Don't stop on my account. This project looks great and I'd love to hear whatever you have to say. Besides, the title just says "NWN2 Modding project" that is what you are doing.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell