How many lives...

Eddo36

*thinking, as requested*

You've had a couple of interesting, discussion-provoking threads lately.  I don't think this is destined to become of of them.

Because you dislike the topic for it pertains to a real life issue not to your liking?

How about because it's highly unlikely that you'll get any real answers?

How many lives are worth a country's name?

This about this before you reply please.

As many as it takes to get the job done.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

For a NAME? For a word used to describe something? For a countries reputation? For a piece of the earth that some bastard is arrogant enough to claim he is the owner of? For a belief that other people don't share?

The answer is; a lot. Why a lot? Because everyone who thinks they can take someone else's life should be taking their own right now. That's the lives that it is worth.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Hey, he told you jerks to think about the question before replying.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

So we are discussing a situation where sacrifice is demanded in order to prevdent a country changing name.

Well, stopping half of Germany from becoming East Germany would have been worth a measure of lives. On the other hand I don't think many people are that sad that the Soviet union is no longer. So I guess the answer is, it depends.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

*thinking, as requested*

You've had a couple of interesting, discussion-provoking threads lately.  I don't think this is destined to become of of them.

Because you dislike the topic for it pertains to a real life issue not to your liking?

No. Because the "topic" in the obtusely-worded rhetorical question is so subject to myriad interpretations that there is, in effect, no topic at all. Perhaps if you were less poetic and more clear in what you are asking you might get some thoughtful and serious replies.

Hey, I had to actually think for the "Wheel of Fortune" reply, jerk.

Shut your fat hentai face.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Hey, I had to actually think for the "Wheel of Fortune" reply, jerk.

I have a tentacle with your name on it.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Pixies is going to build Lego voodoo dolls!!! :ph34r:

You just wait until Christmas. You just wait.