NWN2 OC playtime

Atreides

Above or below your first estimate?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Above or below your first estimate?

• Above
    • Very close
    • Below

Because whatever he says here WILL be taken as gospel.

hahahaha

Hehehe.

It is true though. Heck, you got Ramza all excited because JE made a comment about how he'd consider the idea of doing Jefferson as a side project on his own time.

God forbid if he were to answer 'Yes' to that question, and then have something go wrong and have it not be done.

I remember Rob Bartel had a really hard time telling people that there'd be no second installment of The Witches' Wake many moons ago, because it was assumed there would be one. The Bioforums had quite the vocal outcry as a result.

Someone is evading the question.

Could it be? Sure, it could. Should it be? Probably not. There are a lot of beefs people have with the fundamental design of the OC, so I think expansion effort would be best spent on fresh content. If we make an expansion, I won't be working on it anyway, so take my opinion for what it's worth (not much).

I'm assuming that's because you're already tasked on something else?

EDIT: As a side note, do you guys get much of a break right after release (or going Gold)? I wouldn't be surprised if it was quite a crunch down the stretch.

Edited by alanschu

I'm assuming that's because you're already tasked on something else?

EDIT:  As a side note, do you guys get much of a break right after release (or going Gold)?  I wouldn't be surprised if it was quite a crunch down the stretch.

No, it's cuz he's a quitter :o

Yeah, didn't he say he was going to be reassigned as soon as NWN2 got shipped?

That would pretty much nail the Bioware Junior coffin. I don't think it's a bad idea to do sequels for popular games. I certainly hope they weren't lying when they said they'd come out with some original ideas. I don't recall whether the original ideas came for a licensed setting or an original IP. At least they plan on coming out with a new game rather than a sequel.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I doubt they're making JE2; but I dunno what the big deal is. As longas the game is good - and NWN2 certainly is along with KOTOR2 being fun in its own right - what's the real ahrm? Espicially when they are making money doing so.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

we got no doubt that game had content cut along the way. don't know how many times Groimnir heard that stuff were cut... which is why we were concerned. that being said, there were comments following one of the delays that claimed that the reason for doing so were to add content. were those comments made simply to allay fears, or is it the case that nothing got returned to nwn2 following fergie's ill-timed commets?

as for alan... we hope he ain't taken sat yet. specify v. generalize? if Gromnir made a comment that specifically insulted him by means o' a generalization it would be pretty impressive of us.

also, the contingent of folks who claim that:

1) it doesn't matter how long a game is as long as it is good.

should not likewise be able to crow 'bout

2) look how great it is that obsidian managed +40 hours.

you folks gotta make up your minds. you look like silly fan boys if you tell obsidian and atari that no matter what they does it is ok.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Have you seen my posts on the game? I've criticized it quite a bit. But, length isn't one of the problems the game has. And, like I said before it was released, length is the least of my concerns when judging a game.

Game over.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

as for alan... we hope he ain't taken sat yet. specify v. generalize? if Gromnir made a comment that specifically insulted him by means o' a generalization it would be pretty impressive of us.

Sweet. More insults. So not only do you insult me by labelling the group of which I was a member, you start to make comments about how you hope I haven't taken the SATs yet.

But I understand, I'm sure that any beef a Jewish person had with Hitler was unfounded, because Hitler was just making generalized, sweeping statements about Jewish people. He wasn't picking on that one specific Jew. :)

1) it doesn't matter how long a game is as long as it is good.

should not likewise be able to crow 'bout

2) look how great it is that obsidian managed +40 hours.

I think being in character has started to affect you. Hopefully you haven't taken the SATs yet.

Regarding the people that don't get hung up about game length, I don't know any one of them that said they wouldn't prefer 40 hours of awesome compared to 20 hours of awesome. It's just that if they only get 20 hours of awesome, they don't necessarily get their panties in a bunch, because they'd rather have 20 hours of awesome, than 40 hours of boredom.

I figured it was obvious (since it was stated in that thread, as well as this one), but I guess not.

HA! Good fun!

Edited by alanschu

Well, I hope the cut features make there way back into the game either through patches, like the DM Client, or through full blown expansions. Obsidian needs to keep the support for NWN2 up. How about some Premium modules like Bioware's to bring in the cash for support!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I share the same wish as Sand's but I never seen such support before though, that is adding new storyline contents onto the existing game with a patch. Perhaps only the features like PRCs, spells or Feats.

Might be possible with expansion though, modifying/adding the shard bearer campaign while adding the new intended stuffs for the expansion at the same time.

One thing I would like to see is more types of Dragon Disciple than just red. I am not too concerned about patching in story line elements because that cold cause more problems than they are worth but other content for the modders to use would be cool.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Well, here are features I like to see added to the game:

1. More than just Red Dragon Disciple. I want to be a Gold Dragon Disciple monk!

2. Group select. I like to be able to select two, three, or all my members of the party to do group attacks instead of having to plug at each one individually.

3. Firearms. Hey, if I am going to make a proper priest of Gond, I need firearms. :D

4. Quickslot Emotes.

5. Being able to change party order.

6. Have strategic marching order like in the Infinity Engine games.

7. Round based autopause.

These are what I can think up on the top of my head.

The thing is Firearms are a part of the Forgotten Realms. In the timeframe of which the game takes place primitive rifles, shotguns, and flintlocks have found their way throughout the Sword Coast region mostly because of Gond priests. Smoke Powder explosives would be cool to. More alchemy stuff!

The thing is Firearms are a part of the Forgotten Realms.  In the timeframe of which the game takes place primitive rifles, shotguns, and flintlocks have found their way throughout the Sword Coast region mostly because of Gond priests.  Smoke Powder explosives would be cool to.  More alchemy stuff!

Bah, my priest of Gond in PnP was perfectly happy with his repeater crossbow.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well, I hope the cut features make there way back into the game either through patches, like the DM Client, or through full blown expansions.  Obsidian needs to keep the support for NWN2 up.  How about some Premium modules like Bioware's to bring in the cash for support!

Is there a list of stuff that was cut somewhere?

As a side note: I'm almost done, and I have to say this is probably one of the longest games I've ever played. :ph34r: I'm kinda fearful of what the game might have been if content hadn't been cut. :ph34r:

Well, I hope the cut features make there way back into the game either through patches, like the DM Client, or through full blown expansions.  Obsidian needs to keep the support for NWN2 up.  How about some Premium modules like Bioware's to bring in the cash for support!

Premium modules would probably be the way to go for small content expansions to the OC. 5 bucks to add new areas and sidequests to add some non-linearity to the game, maybe add a new companion and some more recruitables for crossroad keep.

Heck,

When you sign that village charter and create the new village it would be cool if you could visit and maybe help with the founding, or when the halfling village comes for aid, maybe you could personally go down there to help.

I'd be willing to pay for that kind of stuff.

New self contained stuff would be cool too.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg