NWN2 Content Discussion Thread

Lyric Suite

I've no problem with CE characters per se. But you have to remember that not only was GOTO forced on the party, there was no good reason for him to even enter the party. At all. At least with Bishop

you have to use him track Shandra, and you have his debt to Duncan

. The two aren't comparable. Bishop might be an unlikable character, but that doesn't mean he's the kind of blunder that GOTO was.

Edited by Pop

Taking my time refers to stopping and smelling the flowers. I go through all dialogue options if possible, take every quest if I can and talk to anyone who can have conversations with you.

Same here. :bat:

I'm not sure how far I am in chapter one, I'm only up to the

Orc Cave

And is it really smart to have 4 classes? You wouldn't be able to take advantage of the best abilities of any of them.

I disagree. It comes down to "what" you're taking each class for.

For example:

I took one level of rogue for the skills it unlocked.

I took one level of fighter for the feats.

I went wizard as my spellcasting class.

I'm going Eldritch Knight to finish. :bat:

All told, I'll have high levels in a lot of different skills, lots of feats, and with Still Spell I'll be able to fight in full plate as well as a cleric and still bring down some serious wizard style firepower. :bat:

I just made some Mithril Fullplate (for example) and I'm finding this combo works really well. ^_^

All you need to take EK is martial weapon profficiency and being able to toss lvl3 spells, innit? So you only need one level of Fighter... or any class that gives you MWP

Actually... you can even pull it off with a pure caster.

Take Martial weapons as a feat and you're set. :bat:

I hear Sorcerer 10/Eldritch Knight 10 works really well this way. :bat:

You can definitely have more than one prestige class, JE is not cheating with this. I am currently playing a Rogue (7)/Fighter (4)/Shadow Thief (5)/Shadowdancer (1) and I have not cheated or hacked the game in any way.

But you can't be NW9 if you're a Shadow Thief apparently, since it was not available to me during my last level up (the first since I became one of the nine).

Also, to the one who wanted to know when you could become a Shadow Thief, it happens at the end of act one, so somewhere around 10-12 I think.

I love the user interface. I really do! :joy: :) :joy:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Bah! I just love to make crazy prestige class combinations (remember my bard/harper scout/pale master or ranger/arcane archer/dwarven defender in NWN1? Of course I cheated to achieve this but it was fun doing it... on the other hand, my characters weren't that powerful in the end...)

If the game allows you to take both Shadow Thief and NwnNine prestige classes, I will certainly do it! If you can reach a max of 5 levels for the NwnNine Prc, I may have to stop leveling up at some point till it is available to me...

Noone has answered my other questions: Can other joinable NPCs multiclass? Has anyone tried the golem NPC? is it good and do you take it late in the game?

Thanks in advance for your answers! Cheers.

Edited by ramza

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

OK, a defenitive answer on who the male and female romance interests are and whether one can romance them with an evil character, please!

Calivar and Elinee, yes.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Calivar and Elinee, yes.

Thanks. What class is Calivar? Would any of them get upset with an evil character?

Calivar is a paladin. But my guess is that he wouldn't care otherwise you would anger people who played evil characters.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Calivar is a paladin. But my guess is that he wouldn't care otherwise you would anger people who played evil characters.

Hm... But wouldn't he fall if the group acts evilly? Also, the influence system seems about agreeing with NPCs/doing stuff they approve of. Do Cha/dialogue skills allow us to talk NPCs round without even when we are doing something they disagree with? I really want to try a persuasive evil bard the first time through - it looks like one of the few games where it would be feasible... I also usually play female the first time, but a paladin love interest seems highly problematic in this context. But thanks anyway.

Ok, how do you keep Jalboun alive? I offered him double, combat starts he takes two hits and dies.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I love the user interface.  I really do!  :joy:    :aiee:    :joy:

I agree, it's far better compared to the radial menu of NWN.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

You're only allowed one prestige class anyways.

Not true!

winnersclub.jpg

Odd. Then why couldn't I select Shadow Thief of Amn (nor any other prestige class) after I became an assassin?

I'll have to double check this...I remember wanting to be a Shadow Thief of Amn, but not being able to choose it (and yes, I did have the feat).

EDIT: Aha, it seems as though I did not have the required bluff skills. As for every other prestige class, it turns out I just didn't have the prerequisites for them, except for Shadow Dancer, which is right below the base classes so I didn't notice it.

Me = dumb.

And IMO, while Bishop may be an arrogant sexist pig, he's probably one of the more interesting NPCs I have seen. I agree with Volo that he is well written. Just because someone is arrogant and sexist doesn't mean that they are poorly written. I rather like the fact that there is an arrogant jerk in the game because, not too surprisingly, they DO exist in actual reality. I'm not sure what the Forgotten Realms should be a happy happy place where things like that don't exist.

Edited by alanschu

Taking my time refers to stopping and smelling the flowers. I go through all dialogue options if possible, take every quest if I can and talk to anyone who can have conversations with you.

Same here. :aiee:

I'm not sure how far I am in chapter one, I'm only up to the

Orc Cave

That is getting close to the end of Act 1. I haven't done that yet. Just finishing up the side quests first.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Calivar and Elinee, yes.

Thanks. What class is Calivar? Would any of them get upset with an evil character?

Great, an uptight tin head like Anomen. :aiee:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Calivar and Elinee, yes.

Great, an uptight tin head like Anomen. :ermm:

Personally I didn't find him as bad as Anomen, but then there aren't as many lines that I noticed between the main PC and Casavir. I thought he had some good lines during some of the interjections with Bishop actually. :-"

Does anybody know the ratio of charisma and relative skills needed to unlock most of the dialog options?

It seems only your PC is used for conversations and since i'm making a fighter archetype i need to know how much i need to invest on dialog related abilities before i start cutting down on combat stats. I'm planning of playing at the maximum difficultly, so i need to balance things just right to avoid frustrations...

Does anybody know the ratio of charisma and relative skills needed to unlock most of the dialog options?

It seems only your PC is used for conversations and since i'm making a fighter archetype i need to know how much i need to invest on dialog related abilities before i start cutting down on combat stats. I'm planning of playing at the maximum difficultly, so i need to balance things just right to avoid frustrations...

I heard some speculation about 8-10 being a good point to get the vast majority while browsing Bioware. Not sure how accurate that is though. :cat:

I doubt you're coming anywhere close to unlocking most of the dialogue options in a single playthrough.

I was getting dialogue options with the Tumble skill. I bet there's also dialogue options with the Perform skill, which your fighter won't have.

It seems almost every skill at one point had a dialogue option attached to it. Not to mention the attribute related dialogue options, which likely need a value of around 14 to get (this is the Intelligence/Wisdom stuff). The theives skills such as spot are also used.