Volourn's Wowwy Journey With NWN2:Spoiler Edition

Volourn

I knew it was possible. I was just curious as to how. The big difference was the Boots of the Sun Soul. I have Eelskin Boots for permahaste instead. And I never got around to making the Mithril Chainshirt (or I crafted one, just never enchanted it so I used Darkflame instead).

Also, Deraldin, Luck of Heroes, Dodge and what else for feats?

Edit: nevermind about the feats.

Yeah the sun soul boots are the real kicker here. They gave me an extra +5 ac. Bumped me up to a +6 dex bonus and the +4 dodge bonus. I still need to craft some better bracers of armour and a better amulet of natural ac. I haven't been to a workbench since Sand picked up craft wondrous item.

Edited by Deraldin

There is one thing frustrating with sand. he can't do bracers of armor (which is why I never crafted those). it requires Mage Armor, and he can't cast it.

Can Grobnar cast Mage Armor? Otherwise, only Qara can do that one. (since supposedly you can't cast from scrolls, otherwise Grobnar could always go that route).

Ammon Jerro is needed for the final part of the purification ritual, as those rituals are supposed to be required to beat KoS. However, this is an artificial and invented requirement. I find it stupid and made-up. So you go find the fifth statue, but OH NOES! ITS BROKEN! Except, someone else arleady took the power. WHO COULD IT BE? Oh look, the very next plot area you go to has the answer. There is no suspense, it was poor storytelling.

It might have worked if the players were made to think that because the statue was broken, the ritual could NEVER be completed; and despite being discouraged you still had to go on and look for other methods, i.e. silver sword. THEN you find out it was Ammon Jerro. That might have worked.

But whatever the case, its extremely stupid for roleplaying and gameplay that you have to carry party members around. I never picked the options that seem to suggest you can refuse Khelgar or Neeshka, but I take it that they tag along with you anyway. Why cant you say "Bye Sand, we'll do the trial on our own"? He doesn't actually help. Why can't you say "Bye Sandra, stay on your farm because I don't care about you"? Why can't you say "Go away Elanee, I dont like people who stalk me", etc?

I mean, the influence system is all about not being able to get everything and do everything in one game. So why not have the same approach to accepting characters? It's not even like you can have them join your entourage but leave them in the inn all the time, they're compulsory way too often.

---------

Anyway, since the thread seems to have moved on (sorry!), I think Khelgar had around 35AC at the end, 24 strength, 22 dexterity and so forth. Even if you just complete the Hammer/Belt/Gloves of Ironfist set, Khelgar becomes pretty damn powerful.

On the other hand, I thought in combat Neeshka got pretty useless after the middle of act 2. I kept her around because she's one of my favourite characters, but ehh, micro'ing sneak attacks is way too bothersome in nwn2. Sort of worrying, because I wanted to try a CN Rogue->Assassin.

I screwed it up. I finished the three quests, but I got influence failure and Khelgar said he wanted to think about it more. I figured if I moved on with the story more, then I'd hvae some opportunities to get influence up, since my character tended to generally agree with him, but lost somei nfluence when he was not so happy about fighting EVERYONE. :o

Then, it got to Act 3, and in act 3 the priest isnt available and you cant be a monk anymore! I'll try it next time though.

Noooo! I just screwed up. Ran through the entire gem mine clearing it out. Tried to kill everyone before my protection spells ran out. At one point I had maybe 15 or so minions and 3 of the Lich wanna-be's chasing me at the same time. Go go maximized searing light!

Then I alt-tabbed to check out something for crafting (found a couple workbenches) but the game crashed when I tried to get back in. I'd also forgotten to quicksave before alt-tabbing. :o

That sucks indeed Deraldin. :o

I made Khelgar a monk, by the way. Funny thing, I had been using him almost exclusively up until that point, but once he was monkified, I just stopped having him tag along. Mostly because I wanted to gain influence with Casavir instead, but also because I really hate monks. It would have been nice if he could make proper use of that warhammer though.

I helped Khelgar become a monk. It was interesting because he became level 1 and then the game let me level him up to match the party. Talk about rolling back history.

After THAT, he finds he can wield Torim's hammer. :o Ah well, it was fun seeing him pass his tests, and getting back into good graces with his clan.

Noooo! I just screwed up. Ran through the entire gem mine clearing it out. Tried to kill everyone before my protection spells ran out. At one point I had maybe 15 or so minions and 3 of the Lich wanna-be's chasing me at the same time. Go go maximized searing light!

Then I alt-tabbed to check out something for crafting (found a couple workbenches) but the game crashed when I tried to get back in. I'd also forgotten to quicksave before alt-tabbing. :)

alt-tab with NWN2 is bad. It crashes every time I do it. :o

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I alt-tab all the time, and I've never had problems. Even during big, rig-taxing battles.

I wonder if mods could possibly adapt the game so that there would be no forced companions :deadhorse: that might involve a little too much work, considering the NPCs are integral to much of the main plot. O, to be back in BG day, when you could completely blow off (or kill) a character you didn't like.

On my adventure notes.

Spent some time at my keep updating/upgrading the place. I like that little bit of micro management.

Now I am at the old elven ruins that starts with an I. I am currently at the Gems Mine trying to gather the fice spirits to the tree.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Went through the gem mines again. Extend Spell on haste along with liberal helpings of stoneskin and searing light worked wonders. Time to get some crafting done now...

EDIT: Does anyone know if it is possible to enchant a robe with elemental resistances for example? My rogue/fighter is about to be dex mod limited even with only padded armour...

Edited by Deraldin

By the way, alan, why didn't you take any shadow thief levels? Even just the one would have given you an additional sneak attack dice and they are much better than rogue levels anyway.

I was never able to pick it. I figured I couldn't get more than one prestige class, but it turns out I didn't have enough points in Intimidate. Whoops :)