Fallout 3 Lead Designer info

aVENGER

Noceur: In that case, I would think you would like yet another great Fallout game in the vein of the first two. If your happy to snack on anything given to you by Bethesda, thats fine too. I was merely answering your query above since you didn't seem to understand what I was talking about. :devil:

Edited by Girias_Solo

Noceur: In that case, I would think you would like yet another great Fallout game in the vein of the first two. If your happy to snack on anything given to you by Bethesda, thats fine too. I was merely answering your query above since you didn't seem to understand what I was talking about. :devil:

Of course I'd love another Fallout game, TB and all etc.

If I think Fallout 3 stinks (when it's out), then I won't buy it. I'm not going to buy something just because it has the name Fallout in it... I mean, that'd be crazy.

But that's it. I don't see why I have to get upset about it.

If I am wrong on this one, you can send me your mailing address and I will buy you ten bottles of whatever you enjoy drinking. Or something equivalent if you don't drink.

No you won't. That's just the bravado talking. Also, what if he wants baked goods or other perishables? Danish pastries via royal mail? They won't be edible, not unless you pickle them, which is surely detrimental to the taste. No, no, the only way this is going to work is if Meta sets up some sort of Pay Pal system for you to donate, I dunno... a fiver to.

Except that there won't be a TES game out for it to compete with. At the time of Fallout 3's release Oblivion will no longer be making any money for Bethesda, but TES 5 probably won't be released.

They have rights to multiple Fallout titles. Those two would probably collide at some point... probably.

I just don

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

With Emil as Lead Designer (he designed some great Thief levels!), I don't have a doubt that F3 might have some interesting design ideas (as opposed to the "Morrowind with Guns" nonsense you people spread so much around), I'm actually more worried about the writing, if that is even of importance. They just might make it more action-oriented a'la Deus Ex, which if executed well, might rock. If story/dialog focused, I rather prefer a Kotor-styel game. Maybe they come up with something completely new? An exploration mode a'la Oblivion or Kotor where you can talk to people face to face, and a combat mode that switches into iso view like the old Fallout games.

What levels did Emil design? Life of the party and Bank? Or was that Randy?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

As I said, it always depends where the focus lies. Of course in games like Mass Effect, you need everything to be good: Fluid, functional level design (as opposed to that Kotor crap level design), and good writing/dialog system. I've no clue what Bethesda is going to do, but Emil is obviously an experiened Level Designer, not writer, and Bethesda historically not very good at creating engaging characters and story. So it's not too hard to guess F3 won't be story/writing focused.

Roshan is psychic! :)

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

That's some quick editing.

Should I be offended?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

What levels did Emil design? Life of the party and Bank? Or was that Randy?

Concerning Thief 2 levels, Emil was the main designer for "Life of the Party" and "Precious Cargo" and a contributing designer for "Eavesdropping" and "The Sword" (Thief Gold). He also worked on Thief 3 but I'm unsure on which levels exactly.

Edit:Thanks Avenger.

Life of the party was awesome and Precious cargo ok.

Good levels allround, so I'm somewhat hyped.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Hmmm, the man shares the same ideas as the Lead Designer of Oblivion. Call me pessimistic, but it seems like i will not play a third installment of the Fallout series, but rather a post-apocalyptic fps/rpg-hybrid with booze, mutants and whores with a first person perspective.

It just happened to be called Fallout 3, but it isn't a Fallout game.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy