Vampire: Bloodlines

Darque

Well I suppose I could look to those things next time around provided I'm not, like, you know, dying.

After the werewolf caught up with me I was so close to death I think if someone had sneezed on me with sufficient force I'd just have went up in smoke...

In other news, I got the skin switch to work. :o

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Awesome! :D

Was it just like I posted, or were there other steps we'd need to know of? :)

Well...I couldn't figure out how to get VampEd to extract the files.

But what I realized (unless I accidently extracted the files and didn't realize it) that the necessary file was already un-extracted by having applied the unofficial 3.2 patch. So I made my backup copy and figured out who was what, sorta. I'm still not 100% sure what all the models are called, but once that's sorted its easy to do...

O NOES! I keep hitting it and it won't die! AHHH!

:(

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I still think it was pretty damn lame to put an invulnerable boss in the game when none of the other boss creatures were invulnerable. Name one other PC CRPG that uses an invulnerable creature that you fight as a puzzle.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

BGII

Irenicus is invulnerable if you try to take him on without the help of the inmates.

Edit:

NWN2

Zaire can't be hurt unless you first take down the portal, but she can still hurt you.

Edited by Spider

deja vu?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Irenicus wasn't a puzzle and neither was Zairee.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

BGII

Irenicus is invulnerable if you try to take him on without the help of the inmates.

Edit:

NWN2

Zaire can't be hurt unless you first take down the portal, but she can still hurt you.

There are other instances of an undefeatable character as well. For example, Malak from KOTOR, when you meet him on the Leviathan. Despite how much you whoops his butt, he's still ultimately invincible and can't be defeated there. I guess it's not exactly the same.

One of the final bosses in Quake required a puzzle to solve. Same with Half-Life for that matter. But I guess those aren't "CRPGs."

The Master is invincible unless you get the headgear to protect yourself from his psionic attacks.

The Sorcerer in the prison mountain in Serpent Isle cannot be harmed, and must be beaten with a puzzle (actually the Ultima games are littered with encounters like this).

Was it just like I posted, or were there other steps we'd need to know of? :dancing:

But what I realized (unless I accidently extracted the files and didn't realize it) that the necessary file was already un-extracted by having applied the unofficial 3.2 patch. So I made my backup copy and figured out who was what, sorta. I'm still not 100% sure what all the models are called, but once that's sorted its easy to do...

Well I played around a bit more with this with some free time. It looks like a number of the "common" skins don't seem to work, possibly because they weren't in the game proper (the one I remember distinctly was a female hunter in the Society of Leopold folder...but I don't remember seeing any female hunters there).

Or I'm doing something wrong. Entirely possible!

Which also makes me think of something gameplay related - on the back of the box there is a shot of the main character talking to a female vampire(?) in a cowboy hat. It appears to be in the Confession Club in Downtown, but I don't remember ever seeing a character fitting that description. Did I miss something (easily possible, as I've only played through once), or was something removed from the game?

The Master is invincible unless you get the headgear to protect yourself from his psionic attacks.

Actually, the first time I played FO I didn't know about the headgear and just waltzed right down the corridor. He messed me up, but I still beat him. :dancing:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Was it just like I posted, or were there other steps we'd need to know of? :dancing:

Which also makes me think of something gameplay related - on the back of the box there is a shot of the main character talking to a female vampire(?) in a cowboy hat. It appears to be in the Confession Club in Downtown, but I don't remember ever seeing a character fitting that description. Did I miss something (easily possible, as I've only played through once), or was something removed from the game?

Yeah, I've always wondered who that woman was. Different model ya think?

Actually, the first time I played FO I didn't know about the headgear and just waltzed right down the corridor. He messed me up, but I still beat him. :lol:

I always found myself getting gibbed in the hall. What was your character build?

Which also makes me think of something gameplay related - on the back of the box there is a shot of the main character talking to a female vampire(?) in a cowboy hat.  It appears to be in the Confession Club in Downtown, but I don't remember ever seeing a character fitting that description.  Did I miss something (easily possible, as I've only played through once), or was something removed from the game?

The vampire cowboy lady on the back of the box is actually the second armour set for the Malkavian female. I know some of the player character models appear in the theatre in the beginning, so either the those characters played a part but were cut, or the screenshot is simply a mockup.

Which also makes me think of something gameplay related - on the back of the box there is a shot of the main character talking to a female vampire(?) in a cowboy hat.  It appears to be in the Confession Club in Downtown, but I don't remember ever seeing a character fitting that description.  Did I miss something (easily possible, as I've only played through once), or was something removed from the game?

It was a quest that was removed from the game.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The vampire cowboy lady on the back of the box is actually the second armour set for the Malkavian female. I know some of the player character models appear in the theatre in the beginning, so either the those characters played a part but were cut, or the screenshot is simply a mockup.

I checked the models and sure enough you're right. That said the quest dialogue certainly doesn't seem familiar (and the presentation is that its an NPC the player is talking to, so it makes me wonder if the skin got reused or if it was just something that, like you said, was mocked up).

I think the character models that appear in the begining are linked to which character you're playing (or just randomness).

It was a quest that was removed from the game.

Any idea what the quest was?

Any idea what the quest was?

Used to, then I forgot.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."