Gears of war (xbox360)

letsryde23

Yes, yes, Nov 12, is the release date for the #1 most anticipated on my list ( :lol: dont give me that look NWN 2, second place is not that bad!) Any way i was wondering if anyone ELSE would take a chew toy away from a rabid Rotwiller for a chance at playing this game. Yes, i have been waiting for this game every since i have seen the jaw dropping screen shots (yes they are REAL screet shots from ACTUAL game play... I'm looking at you "Killzone" for PS3) Plus im a total Halo junkiw and i need a good FPS to get my fix till Halo 3 comes out (such an awesome trailer, check it out if you havent yet)

Just figured i would let everyone know to check this game out if you have a 360 cause its gonna be an amazing game!

Well, I think Lost Planet looks prettier as far as 360 games go, but the GoW presentation at E3 looked really nice. Nice game mechanics.

The last screen shots i saw for Lost planet was in PCG i think last month and they did look good, i'll give you that, but the detail that Epic is pulling out of the UNREAL engine is astounding, and works perfectly with the atmosphere that GOW is trying to pull off...

No complaints about the capabilities of the graphics engine. Unless they're pulling a "Halo" on us, i see nothing more than a bland futuristic shooter with heavy homo-erotic undertones.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

XBOX 360, a whole lotta pointless power, it can only look as nice as your TV will let ya.

True, and untrue, while Having an HDTV will make the games look sharper (as is the case with both the PS3 AND 360 due to the HD output) Its just like turning your resolution down in any PC game by a little, the game will still look great, just not as sharp...

No complaints about the capabilities of the graphics engine. Unless they're pulling a "Halo" on us, i see nothing more than a bland futuristic shooter with heavy homo-erotic undertones.

No, No, i think your thinking of "Army of Two" (did you see the S&M masks those dudes wear?) Either way, im prepared to take a chance due to the quality of an Epic/Microsoft Game Studios game, i mean, look what Bungie did with the original big black box...

No, No, i think your thinking of "Army of Two" (did you see the S&M masks those dudes wear?) Either way, im prepared to take a chance due to the quality of an Epic/Microsoft Game Studios game, i mean, look what Bungie did with the original big black box...

Well see. Epic hasn't done a single great game since Unreal and Unreal Tournament 1.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think this can turn out to be spectacular. It will also be the first true showing of the Unreal engine 3, so of course I'm interested. It's like half of the games coming after Gears of War are also utilizing the UE3, so it will be extremely interesting to see how it behaves in reality.

Not so interested in the actual FPS though. But then again, I don't care for Killzone 2 either.. Streaming maps on the other hand... MMMM!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I think this can turn out to be spectacular. It will also be the first true showing of the Unreal engine 3, so of course I'm interested. It's like half of the games coming after Gears of War are also utilizing the UE3, so it will be extremely interesting to see how it behaves in reality.

Not so interested in the actual FPS though. But then again, I don't care for Killzone 2 either.. Streaming maps on the other hand... MMMM!

Yeah, gotta agree with that; I played UUT for about half-an-hour before unistalling the demo: not my cup of tea. But it will power almost EVERY game for the next five years or so, just like the previous versions (Deus Ex was built on UT, after all).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

with heavy homo-erotic undertones.

I suggest you check FF12s lead character again. :)

I'm only interested in co-op. The game idea and world couldn't possibly be more bland. Lost Planet looks a whole lot more interesting, but that one doesn't have co-op and the vehicles move super-slowly.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Blood of heroes and macho death fps. Sounds like an ok combination.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XXOqiPYyew

Ten minute long demonstration of Gears of War, courtesy of Gamespot.

I must say that although the game looks really smoth, fluid and pretty, I am still a bit disappointed. Where's the fancy physics? The destructible environments? The little details (except higher resolution and more pixel pushing) that would make this somehow seem next-gen?

I was mostly hoping for more.. interactive environments. Check out when they toss those weird grenades: there's not even a black spot on the ground after the blast! Odd. I DEMAND MORE.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Over-the-top-80's action with silly dialogue, might work if they go Predator/Death Wish-style. The gameplay doesn't look any interesting though, co-op is probably were this game shines.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

• 2 weeks later...

10 hours, huh? Can't say I'm surprised.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

10 hours, huh? Can't say I'm surprised.

10 hours of action gaming is not the same as 10 hours of RPG gaming.

Action games have much less text, which means more fighting. Plus the combat tends to be much more difficult causing a need to reload; thus increasing the game length.

Now, if it takes 10 hours including reloads, I'll be pissed.

1up.com scored it a 10/10. Impressive.

Still not enough for me to spend $400+ on a 360 though. The console has been out a year and this is only the 2nd "killer app" for it.

Edited by Setzer