The Music Thread - Currently Listening To

Darque

d293549v7yd.jpg

Cherry Poppin' Daddies - Master and Slave

About once a year, I undergo my own "swing revival" and toss this album in the player. Slick arrangements, tight playing and pervy lyrics make the Daddies my swing revivalists of choice.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Katatonia - Teargas

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Nile - Masturbating the war god

Why is their most gruesome and frankly hilariuosly disgusting song also the most epic?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Juice Leskinen - Sika

:D

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Squirrel Nut Zippers - Wash Jones.

This be from the sole Swing Revival album in my proximity (as far as the eyes can see and the nose smell, anyway):

B000004AWY.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

And - to be wholly and consummately honest - I don't think much of it, but hey, I don't particularly mind it, either.

Mos Def - Ms. Fat Booty.

Edited by Baley

Those guys were pretty good too. A bit less ... intense... than some CPD stuff, but I would consider myself a fan of both bands.

"La Grippe" is a favorite of mine on The Inevitable... and their big 1997 album Hot had some good ones on it too.

I've got to be in the mood for those type of bands, but when I am, look out! I might... go buy a zoot suit or something. Well, probably not.

Tim Easton - They Will Bury You

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

"La Grippe" is a favorite of mine

Holy Christ (Who Art In Heaven), yes. Also, this new poster epidemic is a little, dare I say, alarming and offending towards my, how did Jack call 'em again, art-[...] sensibilities... who are in need of quenching:

Stevie Wonder - Village Ghetto Land.

Welcome, brethren? Mine Fish is Thine?

PS: It occurs to me how terribly unfunny this post is. A bastion of my shame forever it shall be. : ( Now, if only I could trade that smiley for a ":' (" - I suppose a remembrance of the poor (delicious) pygmies who died to appease the Congo militias and their hunger might achieve it. Perhaps.

Thom Yorke - Cymbal Rush

I haven't been able to find his album where I buy my music yet unfortunately. :aiee:

Do you like it, is it better then radiohead?

Eraser's great, I've not been able to stop listening to it. Don't know whether it be better than Radiohead's past albums or not. It's different, more like Kid A and Amnesiac than anything else but like all Radiohead's stuff it opens up to you gradually like a flower. And it Rained All Night it is probably my favourite at the moment, very cut and pasty, kinda like The Gloaming, great stuff. But what really struck me though was how good Thom's voice sounds, on Atoms For Peace especially. Despite what they might say, the man's still got a great set of lungs.

Have you had a chance to hear any of the new Radiohead material yet? Great stuff also.

Edited by Tel Aviv