The Music Thread - Currently Listening To

Darque

Vintersorg - N

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I was going to make some snappy remark about Buck 65 being related to 50 Cent, but I see from the video I'm watching he's closer to Everlast.

Buck 65  -

Ooh, that's harsh.

I'm not fond of that "rawk" mix of the song. He mangles the chorus. The original is much better, he doesn't force it. Okay video, though. Better than the other ones I've seen. Buck 65 was apparently a pretty good baseball player back in the 90s. He had a whole series of songs about baseball. Hey look, there's one now!

There's one about shoeshining!

There's a weird rapping Johnny Cash impression!

I have a few YouTube music vids bookmarked for when I need a fix. Most of these are a few years old now, but I still enjoy them.

(Scorpion King)

In some face shots, Sully Erna has a resemblance to Nicholas Cage. I like his voice, especially when he's not screaming. I've been hooked on "Voodoo" since I first heard it years ago.

Drowning Pool - Let the Bodies Hit the Floor

I get a kick out of Ryan McCombs' facial expressions while he's singing/screaming. The "patient" in this video is an odd character.

Rob Zombie - Dragula

Rob's a colorful character. His car, "Dragula", is modeled/named after Herman Munster's car. I like that he features his beautiful wife, Sheri Moon, in his videos and stage presentations. (There's a live performance of Dragula on YouTube where she's in a cheerleader outfit dancing next to Rob.) I like the drummer guy between the two robots. I have no idea who he is, but his appearance and the way be beats the drums cracks me up. I would have had a hard time keeping a straight face if I'd been doing that bit.

black-1152820652_i_4501.jpg

Torchbearer - Warnaments

A concept album of the battles of Jutland in the second world war. Pretty damn nice release

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I'm still listening to Stigmata.

Lies lies lies lies lies lies lies lies!!!

Bah, Ministry was so much better during their totally ghey new wave period.

Definitely the hardest band ever to open for Boy George. I've seen them play a few times. Seeing them the first time was an experience. Met Al too, he was a charming drunk (signed my car door and high school press pass) but without Paul, Ministry is less industrial metal than it is straight metal, and it isn't terribly interesting to me. An unsettling number of neo-nazis show up for the shows, too.

7285804.jpg

Borknagar - Grains

Another album about existence and unity of man and universe. This time mostly acoustic though and as far away from black metal as possible. Frankly, I can't see the Opeth influence, but early Ulver(Bergtatt and Kveldsj

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

I see Buck's been polishing up his talking blues skills.

Any rapper who tells honest-to-god stories is cool in my book. This reminds me a bit of the tale of John Henry.

Narrative-based-hip-hop-pseudo-mixtape-extraordinaire:

Organized Konfusion - Stray Bullet

Brother Ali - Dorian

Immortal Technique - Dance With The Devil

Wu-Tang Clan - C.R.E.A.M.

Killah Priest - B.I.B.L.E.

Slick Rick - Children's Story

Mos Def (Black Star) - Children's Story

Nas - 2nd Childhood

Jedi Mind Tricks (with R.A. The Rugged Man) - Uncommon Valor: A Vietnam Story

Sha and Breezly Brewin (off Prince Paul's A Prince Among Thieves) - Pain

Jeru the Damaja - You Can't Stop the Prophet

Kool G. Rap and DJ Polo - Streets of New York

GZA - Gold

The Streets - Geezers Need Excitement

2Pac - Brenda's Got A Baby

Anyway, that's for tomorrow's subway ride - right now, I'm listening to a bunch of Hank Williams (as Luke the Drifter) tracks.

I have a few YouTube music vids bookmarked for when I need a fix. Most of these are a few years old now, but I still enjoy them.

(Scorpion King)

In some face shots, Sully Erna has a resemblance to Nicholas Cage. I like his voice, especially when he's not screaming. I've been hooked on "Voodoo" since I first heard it years ago.

Ah, Godsmack. The one band I've always felt most sorry for. Their post-grunge sound is passable and sometimes they write some pretty damn good songs (Voodoo, Awake, Touch

Rush - The Necromancer

Come'on, Getty Lee, best bass player of alltime.

Tsutchie ~ Silver Children

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Nina Simone

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I've read that Bubblegum is pretty good, but have never actually heard it. I wouldn't mind taking a listen if you upload a track or two.

You know I hear he does a song with Dulli on that CD... that might be an option considering my obvious man-crush...

... unless it would crush my expectations, I suppose.

Joe Jackson - Fools In Love

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs