IGN: The Villains of Neverwinter

The "presale" thing I got says T. Usually that restricts a game, but this is D&D. Explicit cursing and ****ing are not usually part of the "normal" gameworld. It's a clean world, and as bad as you get is BG2, in which it might as well have been a major revelation that sex will get one pregnant. Incidentally, BG's deviation from the prudish nature of the world was to its merit.

"The Master and Kreia were good evil bad guys."

Kreia was horrible. She was one dimensional, obvious, and wannabe intellect who failed at that.

words

dude, you know her dialog was written by a sweaty 40-year old nerd, right?

Yeah, I know. That sweaty 40-year old nerd is my idol. Anyone who can up with a character like Kreia, is most probably going to end up as my most favorite writer.

Kreia is great villain when talking about games. In literature however, Kreia wouldn't be very special villain.

We weren`t talking about literature. [snip]

Yeah, but you said "Anyone who can up with a character like Kreia, is most probably going to end up as my most favorite writer.", So I with no actual reason wanted to point out that Kreia is not that special. :thumbsup:

Maybe he doesnt read.

You are almost right about that. It is true that I don`t read a lot, because I find most books boring. You can`t make any choices in them. But I do occasionaly enjoy Chesterton or Dunsany. That is my taste, be it good or bad...you decide, I don

Enough with the dancing clown.

You are almost right about that. It is true that I don`t read a lot, because I find most books boring. You can`t make any choices in them.

Gold :lol:

Book that would let you make choices would be awesome. Text based adventure games mayhap?

Stephen King's Dark Tower (all 7 books) is pure awesomeness :thumbsup:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The Valsharess was a character with depth: whenever she appeared, it was like parts of her were popping out of the screen.

So I take it she had great boobs?

Yes, and she also had the "jiggle" script... :thumbsup:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Book that would let you make choices would be awesome. Text based adventure games mayhap?

Reminds me of the Fighting Fantasy books I used to read years (and years... and years) back. They were a lot like a choose your own adventure style book (branching story) with basic stats and inventory thrown in for good measure. Neat system, from what I remember, coupled with some very generic fantasy writing.

http://www.ffproject.com/

They're online here.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Fighting Fantasy? Check! Lone Wolf? Double check!

And digging through boxes in my closet, I've unearthed yet more branching adventure books from my misspent youth.

adnd_adventure_book_01_sm.jpg

Back on topic though, I hope you can choose to side with some of NWN2's villains. I hate playing an evil character that's forced to play the saviour to one and all.

Back on topic though, I hope you can choose to side with some of NWN2's villains.  I hate playing an evil character that's forced to play the saviour to one and all.

I'd be behind that. I don't think I've seen that done before, though. Even games like Fallout, in which you can be pretty morally ambiguous, forced you to fight the end dude. You could become a mutie, sure, but it'd just end the game :unsure:

I guess Deus Ex might count as a game that let's you bat for the other team (lollerskates hugz!), but I'd be interested in a game in which the game actually arcs differently and creates a different experience for the bulk of the game, as opposed to making an ultimate choice at the end.

You can join the villain in Arcanum. Well. The 'bad guys'. Then you can cooperate withthe big baddie at the end.

Edited by Tigranes

I've actually read from both series.  :ph34r:

Go go used bookstore!  :thumbsup:

Used book stores are your friend. Great place to find old RPG rule books, comics and other collectibles.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester