Halo Wars officially announced

Epiphany

No ingame footage = worthless.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

RTS for Halo, made by the brains behind Age of Empires

Trailer Link

So? Who gives a smeg about Halo?

after all it's only new if you've been living in a barn for the past 14 years.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

RTS for Halo, made by the brains behind Age of Empires

Trailer Link

So? Who gives a smeg about Halo?

I do. So shut it.

Agreed, tenfold. :huh:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Is this supposed to be a Warcraft type RTS? Cuz those never work on consoles. If it is, I wish them luck.

Yes because Spartans need wood and stone because what else would they build their huts out of?

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Thread pruned.

Let's be more positive, shall we?

I'll try... :">

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Rundown.

Humans and aliens are battling each other. Aliens are a caste based religious zealots. Humans are losing.

Halo 1 you are the Master Chief who is a cyborg elite killing machine. In Halo 2 you play the Master Chief and one of th aliens.

It is a typical us versus them FPS that has repetitive gameplay, pretty graphics, and over the top and bad voice acting.

On the contrary, Halo2 features a pretty nice plot twist, where a faction of the Covenent joins the Humans, because they realise that they have made a huge mistake in unlocking/releasing these "Halo Rings"

It's pretty much like the WW2in a way. Picture the SS. Hardcore, well trained, Hitler loving Nazies. But, there was also the Wehrmacht, who weren't as "diehard" about killing off the Jews, Gyptsies, and everyone else. That's basically how the "Prophet Hierarchs" and the Elites are. The Prophet Hierarchs are bent on "cleansing" the galaxy, believing that they will be spared by the awesome power of the Halo Rings.

The Elites on the other hand, turn against their leaders and begin to fight along side you. Is it an amazing story? No. Is it good enough for a shoot 'em up game? Yes.

I think I understand where Hades is coming from. He likes story-driven games. Halo doesn't really provide that because it's not really meant to, it's meant to provide a few hours of blowing stuff up with rocket launchers, charging into an alien filled room and shooting in circles with a sub machine gun.

Halo I and II, two "Ok" games in my opinion, not the super duper best FPS games ever that some people try to make them out to be. I rented them, took them back, and never thought about them again. I just don't see what's so great about them.

I think I understand where Hades is coming from. He likes story-driven games. Halo doesn't really provide that because it's not really meant to, it's meant to provide a few hours of blowing stuff up with rocket launchers, charging into an alien filled room and shooting in circles with a sub machine gun.

The arguement against Halo has always been, sure you can blow stuff up and that's fun, but there are many FPS where you can blow stuff up better.

Gameplay < Tremendous Hype.

I didn't say it was the best FPS out there. Personally, I don't even like Halo that much. I think it's stupid how I can shoot someone in the face with a shotgun and there shield goes down a little.

EDIT: Just to jump back on topic, what the hell kind of name is "Halo Wars" anyway? Couldn't they think of something better?

Edited by Krookie

also the halo rings are designed to knock out all intelligent life in the universe to prevent a paracitical species from running rampant. In halo one you start out by fighting the convenent forces on a halo and at about the midpoint the convenet become backround chaff that you fight while the main opponent is the "flood" (aforementioned paracites).

The second game is more about the war between the two groups (earth and the convenent) but also features the flood. One of the things that people were drawn to about the second game is that it had earth as one of the points you were fighting on rather than just on the Halo ring.

Neither is a fantastic game but are succesful because they are one of the few FPS's that got the formula down on a console, which reaches far more people than the PC market ever would. Halo 2 and Half Life 2 came out at about the same time and were often compared to each other. Anyone who had half a mind and played PC said that Half Life 2 was better. Meanwhile those who's only exposure to games came via console, said simply somthing along the lines of "The master chief could be up your physics professer, his little dog, and the crowbar he uses! HALO FOR LIFE MY BRUTHA!"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

What if you played both? DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN!

HL2 is better

The actual gameplay of Halo doesn't do much more than Golden Eye did. Minus vechicles, anyways.

There is a reason that Halo and Golden Eye are regarded so highly among the masses.

Half-Life 2 really didn't add anything immense to the FPS genre either, at least nothing that mattered, nothing that made your average guy stand up and take notice. The fun of FPS games is predominantly multiplayer and the ability to talk **** to your friends.

Half-Life 2 was a game.

Halo was an experience.

Is Half-Life 2 a better game? You bet your ass. Problem is I can't sit in front of my big ass T.V. with a beer on my right, and 3 friends on my left.