We only talk about Fallout

Fenghuang

You obviously haven't tried full contact, real-time chess  :thumbsup:"

What do you mean by full contact?

Another example of full contact sports: http://www.kungfu.net/sanshou.html

Other definitions here: http://www.answers.com/topic/contact-sport (search for "Full-contact sport" on the page).

A full-contact sport is similar to a semi-contact sport, but which contains physical contact between the combatants with the aim of causing a knockout or otherwise rendering the opponent inable to continue the match. Injuries are much more common in full-contact sports since the amount of protective gear is often reduced, and the techniques are executed at full power.

Makes Chess much more interesting :thumbsup:

My god that would be the funnest game ever if I could get enough people together to play it. :D

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

You obviously haven't tried full contact, real-time chess  :thumbsup:"

What do you mean by full contact?

Another example of full contact sports: http://www.kungfu.net/sanshou.html

Other definitions here: http://www.answers.com/topic/contact-sport (search for "Full-contact sport" on the page).

A full-contact sport is similar to a semi-contact sport, but which contains physical contact between the combatants with the aim of causing a knockout or otherwise rendering the opponent inable to continue the match. Injuries are much more common in full-contact sports since the amount of protective gear is often reduced, and the techniques are executed at full power.

Makes Chess much more interesting :thumbsup:

My god that would be the funnest game ever if I could get enough people together to play it. :D

KNIGHT TAKES PAWN :grunting:

DANG! You BROKE my FINGER! WITH A PIPE WRENCH!!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I was thinking more along the lines of getting thirty-two people dressed like chess pieces assembled on a giant board. They're only allowed to move on the squares and in the directions their piece would be able to in a regular game of chess. Taking pieces would involve tackling, possibly wrestling.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

I wonder how difficult it would be to find 16 people willing to play as pawns..

"No no, you just stand here. Wear this sack. No, you can't attack anyone. Nope, not fight back either. STOP ASKING SO MANY QUESTIONS AND JUST STAND HERE, STUPID PAWN!"

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The pawns would be the most strategic position. They can only move forward so they have to wait until they really think they can hit someone. You'd have the biggest dude on the team play the Queen, because they have the most mobility and you'd want him to smash lots of people, and you'd have the fastest/strongest dude on the team play the King in the hopes he's not caught.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

• 3 weeks later...

Thar be an editorial in the December PC Gamer about Fallout 3. Scan! Gonna have to zoom yourself.

Nothing really new, but apparently it's going to be set on the East Coast. Reaction from the Fallout camp looks to range from skeptical to positive. I remain skeptical.

Edited by Pop

That scan is miniscule.

Edit: Never mind.

Edited by Pidesco

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Thar be an editorial in the December PC Gamer about Fallout 3. Scan! Gonna have to zoom yourself.

Nothing really new, but apparently it's going to be set on the East Coast. Reaction from the Fallout camp looks to range from skeptical to positive. I remain skeptical.

Well, east coast would be a logical setting change. They can bring new stuff into the game withoout breaking canon so much.

I am personally no more or less skeptical about FO3than I am about any other game in development.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

To quote the Codex:

the first official Bethesda F3 image will have the statue of liberty sticking out of the sand.

i'm fine with east coast as long as they dont fook it up with all the references to freedom and all.

To quote the Codex:

Oh dear lord, why would you want to do that?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Because they are generally right, if you dust the crusted crap from around the words.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

To quote the Codex:

the first official Bethesda F3 image will have the statue of liberty sticking out of the sand.

i'm fine with east coast as long as they dont fook it up with all the references to freedom and all.

Damn.

You guys found out.

I'll be sure and tell Todd the jig is up.

Fallout 3: Dr. Zaius edishun will be in stores December 2015, the normal "Damn Dirty Apes" edition will be available everywhere on the same date. Dr. Zaius comes with dueling statue of liberty/empire state building book ends. If you're one of the lucky few, you get a free blow-up doll dressed like one of the human female slaves in the game.

The title of Fallout 3? Fallout 3: The Chimpocalypse.

See, that was rash. Now if we find ANYTHING related to a monkey in the game we'll hang you by the left toe and throw pudding. :shifty:

:shifty: @ SS

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Aren't deathclaws monkeys?

oh wait they're salamanders, aren't they?

Oh no they're werewolfs!

I need to review the Fallout bible, methinks.