NFL 2006 Season

Enoch

The Jets' lack of talent kindof showed there at the end, all and all though, a great season for those guys, I'll definitely be pulling for them next year

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

E-A-G-L-E-S

The best part, I'll never have to see Tiki Barber running the footbal again

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

The bears, hardly

YES! COUGHLIN IS GONNA GET FIRED... at least he better be! WOO HOO HOO!

They lost this game 'cause he got outcoached.

NAH NAH HEY HEY GOODBYE!

Worst. coach. ever.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

First off, I demand some props for picking all this weekend's games correctly!

Anyhow, fun weekend. Well, actually, Saturday's games featured some pretty awful football, which was nicely redeemed by the last few minutes of DAL-SEA. :p

As for Sunday, it was fun to see Brady and Pennington competing to see who could induce more defensive errors with quick-snap gamesmanship. And my Giants made a respectable showing against a team that simply had more talent and better coaching. Eli did OK, given that he basically had 1.5 competent receivers (a gimpy Shockey is the .5) against a good pass D. Their LBs were just too old and slow, and injuries killed their DL depth. Kiwanuka, the rookie DE, was really gassed at the end-- the Eagles were running him over with regularity on their last drive. (The officiating in that game was horrible all-around, though. How does Pete Morelli still have that job??)

Goodbye, Tiki. Thanks for the memories, and see you on Good Morning America, or wherever in the mediaverse you end up. Goodbye, Major Tom. Thanks for teaching Tiki how to not fumble, and not much else.

YES! COUGHLIN IS GONNA GET FIRED... at least he better be! WOO HOO HOO!

They lost this game 'cause he got outcoached.

NAH NAH HEY HEY GOODBYE!

Worst. coach. ever.

Looks like you're not getting your wish.

This is the worst of all possible moves by the Giants. I'd be OK with Coughlin back, if he was forced to replace most of his assistants. But a 1-year extension just screams "Lame Duck." Even if he were to fire the assistants & coordinators currently with the team, there's no way that any promising candidates to replace them are going to sign on to Coughlin's sinking ship. And he's going to have even more trouble commanding the respect of the players when they all-but know that he's going to be replaced after the season. This is Dan Reeves in 1996 all over again.

What this says to me is that the front office wants to replace Coughlin, but they don't like any of the candidates that are out there this offseason and are hoping for some better names to be on the market in '08 (*cough*Belichick*cough*).

Great. The loss to Philly was for nothing. Bah. Stupid Giants. How do the Giants expect him to do his job when the players 9depsite their protests) simply don't respect him as their coach. The guy is simply dreadful. He's done exactly one thing I approve of since becoming Giants head coach, and with Tiki retiring anyways; that one thing means nothing now. Bah. Another so-so year is coming up despite the talent the Giants have.

Anyways, my 2nd round picks:

SEATTLE over CHICAGO: Until the QB can show he won't turn over the ball a dozen times per game; the more experienced play off team is favored depsite their struggles this year.

PHILLY over NO: Philly's offense simply doesn't make mistakes with Garcia on the field. As great as Brees has been; he's prone to mistakes from time to time, and his defence isn't strong enough to bail him out if that happens.

INDY over BAL: Close game; but Manning will not give up 3 INTs this week.

SD over NE: NE is always hard to go against in the playoffs; but theya r eon the road, and SD is just too strong. I tuink they'll win with a reasonable lead.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.