NFL 2006 Season

Enoch

Denver barely won their game.  Wow wildcard status.

Maybe you'll get lucky and draw the colts!

As for the Giants and Green Bay, if they both win next week, I think Green Bay takes it via tie breakers, tho the Giants would have tie breakers right now. I could be wrong tho.

I could see Favre retiring if they got in. The Bears will rest players, while the redskins will likely play NY hard.

So the Jets might get in and the Giants might lose out. Go fig. Time to switch teams Vol!

Giants' Michael Strahan out for year

By TOM CANAVAN, AP Sports Writer

December 26, 2006

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- Seven-time Pro Bowl defensive end Michael Strahan will miss the rest of the season for the New York Giants after aggravating a sprained right foot last weekend against the New Orleans Saints.

He was placed on injured reserve Tuesday and could need surgery, the team said.

The Giants (7-:aiee: can almost surely clinch a playoff berth by beating the Redskins (5-10) in the regular-season finale at Washington on Saturday.

New York also placed offensive tackle Luke Petitgout and returner Chad Morton on injured reserve. Morton injured his knee Sunday; Petitgout broke a leg against Chicago on Nov. 12.

The Giants had kept Petitgout on the active roster hoping he might play again this season. However, he has not made enough progress.

The 35-year-old Strahan, who shares the Giants' career sacks record of 132 1/2 with Lawrence Taylor, hurt his foot Nov. 5 against Houston. He was playing for the first time since the injury in Sunday's 30-7 loss to New Orleans. The 14-year veteran had five tackles (three solo) and knocked down a pass before reinjuring the foot late in the game.

Strahan had 50 tackles (34 solo) and three sacks this season, his lowest sacks total since he had one as a rookie in 1993. His career sacks total leaves him tied with Taylor and Leslie O'Neal for seventh on the all-time NFL list.

New York signed free agent receiver Darius Watts, tight end Darcy Johnson from their practice squad and running back Robert Douglas from the Houston Texans' practice squad.

Watts was a second-round draft choice by the Denver Broncos in 2004. He caught 31 passes for 385 yards and a touchdown as rookie. The Marshall product had two receptions last season and was released by the Broncos before this season.

The Giants also made a move on their practice squad, releasing running back Cedric Humes and signing tight end Jason Randall.

Now Strahan can devote more time to filming Subway commercials!

I hear he went out clubbing with Jared the other night and they were giving out free six-inch subs! Then they did some blow and beat up Jimmy Fallon for making some lame joke.

Man, that would be sweet.

Oh, and on-topic, the Colts lost to the Texans. Ron Dayne ran for 150 yards and two TDs. How lame is that?

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

"Time to switch teams Vol!"

Only cowards switch teams.

"Does Vol not check this thread anymore?"

"

I haven't checked any thread for like 4 days. R00fles!

P.S. A big part of me hopes the Giants dont make it in so we can get rid of one of the worst and the most oevrrated coach ever and get rid of Barber the TV Announcers. Announcers shouldn't play football.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It's ridiculous that the Packers even have a shot of making the playoffs, but they do. That was a gutsy performance from the Eagles last week, and an awful one from the Giants.

Oh, and FYI -- Touchdowns from Maurice Jones-Drew, Deuce McAllister, Javon Walker and Jerricho Cotchery propelled my Banana Slugs to a (consolation bracket) championship in my office's fantasy football league!

I can't match the intensity of Volo's emnity toward Tommy C, but I am hoping that he is shown the door at the end of the season. If nothing else, he's hired some pretty poor assistants (Lewis at DC, Hufnagle at OC, Gilbride at QB coach). Also, it gives the new GM (Accorsi will be retiring in a few weeks) and owners (the heirs of the Mara & Tisch patriarchs who died last year) an opportunity to build the staff they really want and not the one they inherited from their predecessors.

Honestly, I think that the decision has already been made. I don't see Coughlin saving his job with anything short of a miracle (like, say, 2 playoff wins).

I will take issue with all the abuse that Tiki's been taking lately, though. He's the greatest offensive player that the Giants have had in my lifetime. So what if he has ambitions beyond his atheletic career? So what if he's a somewhat smug intellectual elitist? I loved LT (the real LT, not that poser out in San Diego) despite his being a coke fiend. I think I can still love Tiki despite his flaws.

I like Tiki Barber. He can form complete sentences, and I admire that in an athlete. Also, the lack of TDs this year is not his fault. If the Giants get within the 20, they give the ball to Jacobs.

I like Barber too. But, quite frankly, despite his protests, it's obvious he's only going through the motions this seasons ever since his announcement. He's counting down to his retirement day. That's cool and all; but I believe it hurts the Giants on the field. I'm not one to believe in off field distractions really effecting on field accomplishments; but Barber's little fun on the side most certainly doens't help.

I like Barber too. But, quite frankly, despite his protests, it's obvious he's only going through the motions this seasons ever since his announcement. He's counting down to his retirement day. That's cool and all; but I believe it hurts the Giants on the field. I'm not one to believe in off field distractions really effecting on field accomplishments; but Barber's little fun on the side most certainly doens't help.

1428 rushing yards (4th in the NFL) at 4.7 per carry plus 441 yards on 55 receptions-- much of which was done with a broken bone in his hand-- is "only going through the motions?" You're entitled to your opinion, but I haven't noticed any decline in effort on the field. (The blocking has gotten worse since Petitgout was hurt, but I don't think Tiki has stopped trying as hard.)

I don't think his heart is into it. He's even admitted to it. Heck, that's why he's retiring ACCORDING TO TIKI HIMSELF. He doesn't feel that the grind of 'football' is worth it naymore and he's finding it harder to motivate himself for games. That surely sounds to me that someone is simply counting the days until he can officially retire.

It's not all about numbers. His numbers are still there for the most part... but, big deal. Besides, speaking of numbers, he has more fumbles than last year. *shrug*

I like Tiki; but as a fan; I don't wnat someone on my team when they admit that they don't really want to be there anymore. I say reture , and let us remember him when he WAS truly a part of the team instead of someone treating football like a 9 to 5 job.

For my part, as long as he's still suiting up and helping the team win, I don't care what he's planning to do when the season's over. Really I think the idea that good teams have an "it's all about the team" mentality is more a reflection of NFL marketing than it is of the actual feelings inside the locker room.