I just cought a mouse...

Lucius

So I was watching "From Hell" on the TV, and this little thingie cought my eye in the shadows, a long pursuit followed and despite it evading me several times by jumping (!) and even escaping between my legs once, we cought it.

It was kinda cute, making all sorts of squaky noices as I had it captured in my hands, but then the little bugger bites me... twice!? I'm like titan size compared to this critter, and still it has the courage to bite me?

I let it out outside, the bites didn't penetrate my skin, was more like a very nasty pinch. <_<

Would we be as courageous? Just a thought that my dad passed at me moments ago. :lol:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Fight or flat response.

Clearly it's not going to be able to run away, so what else is it going to do.

An interesting quote during loading screen in Rome: Total War, is something along the lines of "Do not cut off the escape route of your enemy, unless you want to see how hard he really can fight."

Back a person into a corner, I'm betting they'll be pretty "courageous."

Yeah but still, just imagine someone catching you, he's so huge you can barely see the top of him (or it), I mean this was one brave little critter. I was just out to see if it was still there, and I swear it's entire frame was shaking. Poor fellar.

That's a nice quote btw.

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I'm guessing I'd probably react like most creatures. Which, given the fact that flight is out of the question, fight.

The shaking frame makes sense....it was probably pretty scared.

I don't think it'd be that extreme of an idea that I'd bite the hand of a giant that grabbed me. Self-preservation is a very strong motivation. And it doesn't really seem like a "deer in headlights" type of moment where you actually won't do anything.

Unless you were completely paralyzed by fear, perhaps creatures such as this (or all animals) doesn't understand fear on that level, but just act on instinct instead.

DENMARK!

Good for you that you put it outside, Lucius.

Better to keep it for tests if the bite broke the skin - in case of disease. But since it didn't there is no problem.

There will likely be more though.

Just for you here is a big :D !

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

Hehe, well I guess I would be sorta paralyzed by fear if some gigantic thing of different species had been chasing me around and suddenly got hold of me. But who can really say for sure, eh? (that didn't sound too canadian, did it?) ;)

Surr, it sure was fast, whenever I thought I had it cornered, it friggin' leaped away. I didn't know the buggers could jump!

DENMARK!

Now all we need is a mouse smiley.

The cat smiley ate it ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Fight or flat response.

:)

anyway... Mice in my house aren't abnormal as we have a cat who's had two litters (before we got her anyway) and is very adept at hunting (she also is able to snag humming birds.) Probably the wierdest thing I've ever seen was her just sitting on our couch staring at (seemingly) the wall. I pick her up and move her, she just goes back to where she was... then I notice the brown shape decending the plant. I appeared either that she got a rat and let it loose inside to teach us to hunt, or it got inside by itself and she was doing her job trying to kill it.

It was a short chase but I lost the bugger and about a week later my pop caught it and tossed it in a bucket with some dry ice.

Oye... the critter stories I could tell... A mole in our freezer because my mom wanted to show it off for her Pest management class....

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It was biting the inside of my hands, I couldn't get outside fast enough dude! The little thingie bested me in combat. :">

DENMARK!

I can never muster the will to kill those things.. they look so cute .. even if they have totally wrecked every eletrical wire in sight I still let them go.. :-

but good on ya Lucius, I know how hard they are to catch (especially with your hands), so that's actually quite a feat! :p

Edited by Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

Quick reflexes. Now catch a stingray with chopsticks.

I don't know if it's courage. It's more reflex. I know if i were caught in the situation you describe I would shin up his arm , down his front, into his pants and kick him in the nuts with my tiny feet!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I saw a little boy, about like.. three feet high, catch a pidgeon with his bare hands in Barcelona. He was like "HEEHEEHEE!" and ran up to his mom with the poor bird in a firm two-hand grip. His mom screamed like a stung pig and forced the boy to release his rather squeezed new friend.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

My parents told my older brother that if he caught a pigeon with his bare hands he would be gifted a speedboat. He tried for many years until at around the age of seven he finally appeared clutching one in his hands. They failed to stick to their bet, and possibly by coincidence his slide into delinquency, anti-establishmentarianism and drugs began shortly thereafter!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I hope you 'THOROUGHLY' washed your hands. I had a great childhood invlolving animals growing up. I had everything from pet rodents to snakes, lizards, tarantulas, wild rabbits, cats, dogs, you name it. One thing that I was tought from an early age and find very important is to always wash your hands after handling wild animals, especially rodents who can carry some nasty diseases.

Once while living in a moble home we found and raised a family of Opossums for a few days until giving them to the animal shelter to take care of. It is amazing how timing can effect the tameness of an animal. Two of the baby animals we found the first day were like little puppies. Friendly, snuggly and non biting. Two days later we found another group of the babies we had missed. These on the other hand, were snarling, snapping, viscious babies.

Another funny instance involing an opposum involved one under the house. We had a series of vents in the house on the floor, and one day I noticed an odd growling sound coming from the vent and our dog was looking at it like it was a can of moist n' meaty. So, I tap on the bottom of the vent and suddenly, from below, a huge wam and growling and snarling comes from beneath the trailer. The dog flips out and we are laughing our heads off because, like the neighbor below you pissed you are listening to loud music at 3 AM, our opposum house crasher was banging the roof trying to make us shut up and stop knocking on 'his' roof.

We eventually chased him off but I always laugh remember him smacking on our floor vent.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

My parents told my older brother that if he caught a  pigeon with his bare hands he would be gifted a speedboat. He tried for many years until at around the age of seven he finally appeared clutching one in his hands. They failed to stick to their bet, and possibly by coincidence his slide into delinquency, anti-establishmentarianism and drugs began shortly thereafter!

A sober lesson for all parents.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I would probaly use the piss defense and hope that my titan captor believed it would give him warts or some such. If that didn't work then I would release my bowl like the nobel canine. Not that anything like that has ever happened to me. :wub:"

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.