Classic Black Isle software out

Walsingham

I noticed recently that there are DVD packs out containing the full Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Fallout serieses. I got extremely excited and ordered them all. I thought you all might. I'll let you know how they get on with windows XP.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I can't imagine there would be any problems with XP. I've been playing the original releases on XP for years now and it's never been a problem.

As for the BG releases I think it's one DVD for BG1 and one for BG2. Not sure if the two are sold together or separately.

XP borks with the BGs a bit, but not bad. the screen graphics get funky every once in a while, but it is easy to fix by simply scrolling around in the window or switching to another view, such as the map.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Had the BG box for a while now;

Box has BG (1 DVD)

ToSC (1 CD)

BG2: SoA (1 DVD)

BG2: ToB (1 CD)

In order to make BG1 run you need to install patches... both BG2's should work right away (but patches are advised non the less)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Hmm..I could use IWD and FO: Tactics.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

XP borks with the BGs a bit, but not bad.  the screen graphics get funky every once in a while, but it is easy to fix by simply scrolling around in the window or switching to another view, such as the map.

I've never even had that. I guess it just varies from system to system. I do have problems with the sound suddenly resetting to maximum every time I load a game, but even that disappeared with Tutu.

Had the BG box for a while now;

Box has BG (1 DVD)

ToSC (1 CD)

BG2: SoA (1 DVD)

BG2: ToB (1 CD)

In order to make BG1 run you need to install patches... both BG2's should work right away (but patches are advised non the less)

That's a shame. It wouldn't have need a huge amount of effort to put it all on one DVD, surely? It reminds me of the Ultima Collection CD, released in the Windows age without the slightest care that several of the games won't run at all under Windows. So much for putting the customer first.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)