IGN's NWN2 impression

kumquatq3

"Atari's record is made of games like ToEE, MoO3, DDO, and the like."

Atari publishes a lot of games. The majority of which are relatively bugless. What you post are examples of exemptions; not the rule.

"Obsidian doesn't have that level of financing that Bioware had when NWN 1 was released."

Meh. They may not be at BIo's level; but I wish people would stop [pretending Obsidian some newbie company in the por hourse. By now, the number of employees they have is I believe at least around 100 (and growing). They are not a small company anymore. They likely made a fairly helathy profit off of KOTOR2 so i doubt they are still poor now.

Let's stop pretending otherwise.

"I was under the impression that Bioware only started financing patches after the plug was pulled on NWN by Atari."

Nope. The premium modules paid for the patches.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Not meant as an insult, attack, or anything malicious, just mere curiosity, but...this is a rather weird forum to frequent if you're not much of a RPG fan.

I know *this* subforum caters to all sorts of games, but still.

Ah well, carry on.  :ermm:"

Yes. Quite odd that despite I am not that much of a RPG-fan the 2 forums I hang around are for RPG's. Guess I like talking to sane adult people more than teenage kids over at FPS forums (or atleast so it looks from the posting style).

See it as a compliment to yourself :)

And as for NWN2's post-release: UT2K4 got pretty lot of post release-support and is an Atari game (6 patches and 2 bonus packs?). Was that paid by Epic themselves, anyone knows?

Edit; I wasn't talking to the person beneath :huh:" :):lol:

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

He likes us. But he loves you. :o

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

NO... just NO.

And where is the "modern" NWN2 footage?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

J.E. Sawyer: o hay guys we removed discipline and knockdown essentially follows trip rules (strength compare) and disarm uses opposed attack rules with a few modifiers.

thx c u l8r.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

:)

Never used Called Shots.  Besides Called Shots was kind of lame.  It wasn't like you could target the groin and expect to get a huge damage bonus.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Called shots are awesome. Sure, a groin called shot would be cool; BUT instead of removingc alled shots (arms and legs) in NWN2; Obsidian should add two known as called shot (groin) , and called shots (head).

Called shots add to combat options. now, warriors aregonna be even more boring with good 'ol fashion simple, plain attacks. *yawn*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Last week Frank finally got our "combat fidget" animations working.  Basically, when the character has a lull between actions, he or she will play a combat fidget appropriate for his or her stance.  This may be a weapon twirl, a feint, or some other "quasi/prep attack".  The fidgets are subtle enough that they don't look like 4 reallz attacks, but big enough that the characters don't just look like they are standing around for five seconds out of every round.

So.......

Why does BETA 0.9 Release August 16 2006 shown over at gamekult STILL have stand-hit booooooooring animation? <_<

/Hope for NWN2

^

19 august - 7 days = 12 august.

Build = 16 august

Excuses or WHAT?

^