Name a game you would like to play

This thread is inspired by that sketch in Little Britain where the odd man walks into the videoshop and tells the owner he would like to see a film where Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson plays cops who go undercover as south american drugdealers in.. and so on. Whereupon the following exchange of lines happen.

-We dont have that film, I dont think ive ever heard of it. Are you sure it's been made?

-No, but that is the film I would like to see.

And thats what this thread is all about. You come up with a quite specific description non-existant game you would like to play.

The game I would like to play today would the "Europe: Total War" which would be the next installment of the TW series taking place in Europe during the 30 years war of the 1600's and continuing to Napoleons day. You would control Royalty and politics on one hand, and the other would be massive battlefields where the smoke from gunpowder would lie heavy in the air. Your room would fill with the thunder of artillery, the racket of hundreds of muskets being fired simultaneously and the roar of charging cavallery. You should also be able to guillotine people.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

What Atreides said... set during Roman times... as a sequel to the low level RPG in the same period.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Powerslave beat me to it. You simply can't go wrong with a cyperpunk RPG. It's cyperpunk. It's an RPG. It's a recipe to be totally sweet and awesome. Right now I'm "playing" Xenosaga, which thus far has been an excellent cyberpunk story (though I suspect there's some freakin' fantasy creeping in there). Of course it's more like watching an anime series with its mega cutscenes, but if you appreciate JRPGs for what they are (a medium to tell a story similar to reading a book or watching a film) then it does it's job pretty well. But an open-ended cyperpunk cRPG (maybe in a Ghost in the Shell or Blade Runner setting) would be kickass!

Also: Freelancer 2 complete with a dynamic economy and all the latest space-sim bling!

manthing2.jpg

A Master of Orion 4 that will make us all forget MOO3. With a modern 3D engine, terrestrial and space combat (tactical AND strategic). High levels of race, ship, and technological customization. That would be great.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I would just like to remind people that I intended the game descriptions to be quite specific, theres no point in going "An open-ended RPG in a Cyberpunk setting."

It should be like:

I want to play a futuristic cyberpunk RPG where you take the part as the first true AI the world, and your mission is to explore the world and meet humans in order to learn from their experiences so that you might one day be able to open up your own chain of fish&chips shop on the east coast of England. The gameplay would be turnbased with a percentage-like action pool that enabled a wide range of tactical options like throwing excrements and yelling loudly. Dialogue would be rich and you would have atleast 3 options with the ability to lie or otherwise manipulate the NPC youre talking to. The artwork of this game should look like a pulp sci-fi paperback from the early 60's

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

RPGs that use the Vampire Requiem setting and a game similiar to the Baldur's Gate series that uses the Forgotten Realms or Dragonlance settings.

If a Vampire Requiem game was made that was similiar to Masquerade but without the bugs, it would be a game of the year candidate.

Even though 2D games are yesterdays technology, it would be nice to have another BG like game with the above settings mentioned, but easier to mod.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

A Jagged Alliance style game set in the Shadowrun universe. You create your character, hire a squad, and tackle missions. I want RPG elements, but what I really want is a solid turn-based combat engine that can handle hacking and such. The PnP game already has a decent set of rules to implement, although it needs to be adjusted for gameplay.

Star Control 4 :(

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Fallout 3 :(

And Europe: Total War sounds neat too

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Starcraft 2. It has been more than 5 1/2 years since original game was released.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Kotor 3! :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

How about a game that is not a sequel?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: