Name a game you would like to play

I'd like a surreal RPG. With pork chops. But that could be because I'm tired and hungry, and fed up with reality.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

A Suidoken style rpg (you gather an army) that actually feels like your in the command of an army and has real strategic elements to it. And No I don't want War3's copout.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

A Western RPG.

I'd go with this. Really I'd go for any RPG set in the real past or present where magic or 'the Force' or anything of the kind doesn't exist. Stealth, diplomacy and combat would receieve extra attention.

Other possible settings could include Ancient Rome (no gods, please), Renaissance Venice and the Mediterranean (I liked a lot of the original Pirates of the Caribbean/Sea Dogs 2 game, and think the idea of a ship-based RPG has a lot of potential), or modern-day London (if they can get some decent voice actors, **** van Dyke need not apply :D ).

Edit: :-

Edited by SteveThaiBinh

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Post apocalyptic roleplaying game, set on a continent just like Fallout except in full 3D (think GTA: San Andreas but with nice graphics). You'd just be set loose in a bombed out apartment at the top of a skyscraper in a big city, and your first mission would be to try to get out of the building alive (think crazed mutants). When you've gotten out of the first building (via the basement, into flooded subways and onto the street through a crater in the road outside, for example), you'd have the problem of getting out of the city (think agressive radioactive zombies.. or something). Once you've taken care of a few missions (getting decent equipment, a few levels under your belt and your first car/motorcycle) you'd be able to blow up the makeshift barricades surrounding the town and the whole continent would be yours for exploring, complete with desert gas stations, old villages, remnants of civilization here and there, abvandoned cities, dams, endless roads (with encounters of course), bridges. From there on you'd be able to take part in everyday life in the wasteland, complete sidequests (there should be lots of them) or pursue the main quest, which would be to try to localize the distress signal you'd pick up on your car's radio (find the last remaining piece of civilization, join them, save the humanity from some growing threat (growing biological threat, turning people into zombie-like beings perhaps?).. or something equally cheesy). All the maps should be streaming (no loading screens) and the graphics engine would have to be able to switch from detailed indoor scenes to vast outdoor scenes in an instant. The view would be third person in vehicles and first person on foot. You should be able to get out of your vehicle at all times (to explore or whatever), the vehicles should be upgradable (if you can find a skilled mechanic and the right parts) and there would be no magic, no psychic abilities, no unexplainable events whatsoever, just AK-47's, GLOCK's and Molotov ****tails (and the like). Dialogue would be handled like in Vampire - Bloodlines, where the camera zoomed in for a closeup headshot in conversations. Oh, and the character would be able to climb, jump and swim (like in Gothic 2) and the overhead map would work like in Oblivion, where you could insta-travel to places you'd already visited.

ARE YOU LISTENING, FEARGUS?!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

This thread is inspired by that sketch in Little Britain where the odd man walks into the videoshop and tells the owner he would like to see a film where Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson plays cops who go undercover as south american drugdealers in.. and so on.

Actually it was Rick Moranis and Chevy Chase in a film about two undercover policemen who have to pose as rappers to make a drug deal,and then end up in a rap competition, but who's keeping track?

I started to write something about a game I'd like to make, but stopped when I read the insanity that followed.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

A game sort of like Dead Rising but online. Think about it:

Servers would work sort of like WoW's servers, think Zombie for Horde and Non-Zom for Alliance. A max number of players on each server (depending on how big the world is).

Form survival groups (which would be extreamly important, because it'dbe almost impossible to survive on your own). Different jobs offer different skills. Policemen have small arms weapon feat, doctors can heal wounded friends, ect.

If you get bitten, you are transformed into a zombie until a friend gets you a vacine or something. Customize clothing, facial features, stats...Everything.

Cars/trucks would be everywhere. You'd have to find a safe house, and a weapons dealer.

:luck:

please make this game.

Edited by Krookie

Post-Apoc/zombie RPG (think 28 Days Later), pretty much the same stuff mkreku posted except that the zombies would have been there for only a few weeks/days. Your ultimate goal would be to find a cure for the zombieness (which might turn out to be impossible), while doing a number of side-quests trying to save people and forming a team of survivors. The combat would be TB as i think it works best with firearms, and it would be First Person. Or it could be an action-rpg like the gothics, i dont really care. either one would be fine.

Edited by Lare Kikkeli

First Person RPG with DMM&M Combat and Oblivion's open world, set in scandinavia during the viking expansion(With obvious mythological creatures), with a multiplayer componants(coop) and naturally ships. Focus on exploration & combat with non linear story.

Briefly speaking anyways.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

I think supernatural or even near-supernatural things in games have been done to death, and I desperatly crave realism. A post-apocalyptic world doesnt need zombies or aliens, the threat of the desolation itself and the evil man is inherently capable of would be threatening enough. The same goes for any historical or pseudo-historical setting.

Just imagine the kind of suspense and intrigue you could fit into a RPG where you take the role as a UN observer in the middle-east who is caught between arab goverments and terrorists on one side and the machinations of the oil industry and the CIA on the other. If hollywood can do it and make enourmous profits, then why cant the gaming industry?

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

That made my eyes bleed.

It made my eyes STOP bleeding. How odd.

But seriously. Never do that again, man.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Sorry :)

I had no idea it would become so long and didn't realize it until I had already posted it. Now I'm just too lazy to edit it =]

Anyhow, in response to Kaftan's cry for realism: I'M WITH YOU, BUDDY! When I said zombies I was actually thinking more of diseased people, that they were more zombie-like than zombies. Like some horrible plague had hit mankind (would explain the apocalypse). But that's not mandatory for my game. It might as well just be other humans, divided into groups, all with different views on how to best survive in the wasteland. I really crave realistic weapons though, like in the game Wasteland (up until a point..). Why do so few games use real life weaponry? Why does everything have to be about lightsabres and magic/psychic powers?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'd like a Vampire: The Requiem RPG.

First-Person, like Bloodlines, set in an old European city, like Paris or somesuch.

Game would take place over several nights. All the quests available to you would equal a specific amount of points, and a night would end once x amount of points have been met. So, major quests might be worth 40 points, minor quests worth 20 points and simple tasks worth 5 points, and the night ends when we reach 100 points.

The quests we complete (or possibly screwup) determine the possible choices we have in later nights. The points wouldn't ever be revealed to the player, it's just a way to incorporate time and make the player think about the choices they make.

There would be no epic major storyline to complete, rather the game ends when the covenant (or unaligned) that we have allied with becomes the major power in the city, or whatever else it is that group or individual wants.

If not a Vampire setting, then a cyberpunk one, same deal as above, first-person taking place over a number of days, in a large stereotypically cyberpunk kind of city. Actually, I'm just reminded of the Christopher Lambert movie, Nirvana, which was set in Marrakesh. A city we haven't seen a million times in games would be nice.

The game would start with an old aquaintance contacting you, entrusting you with some kind of information/item/secret, dying/getting murdered, and leaving you in danger and needing to figure out what the hell is going on.

The game would revolve around finding clues to the whole plot, and the clues you find determine your options in later nights. Rather than completing quests so the group/individual will hand over a clue, you would complete quests in order to put you in a place that allows you greater access to information. For example, gaining someones trust so they might leave you alone in their office for you to ransack. MWAHAHAHAH.

Having just rewatched Brotherhood of the Wolf, I'd like a Thief style game in a world like that, but playing as an investigator type character, so more adventure type elements, though still with a heavy emphasis on stealth.

I played Resident Evil: Outbreak File 2 not long ago, and I loved the fact that the characters where just ordinary folks trying to escape the city instead of the heroic of the characters from the regular series.

A team based RPG in which the characters you team up with all have specifc tasks they want to complete before escaping the city. Perhaps character creation could give the player a number of option what it is their character needs to do before escaping the city.

Edited by Hell Kitty

Why is there so much interest in a post-apocalyptic setting? Is it primarily Fallout nostalgia? Or is it that the common-guy-becomes-hero phenomenon is much more plausible in such a setting, which makes for a more believable plot and more roleplaying opportunities than the usual Chosen-One fare? Not that I'm complaining, it'd be a welcome change from the huge number of medieval-fantasy themed games.

Why is there so much interest in a post-apocalyptic setting? Is it primarily Fallout nostalgia? Or is it that the common-guy-becomes-hero phenomenon is much more plausible in such a setting, which makes for a more believable plot and more roleplaying opportunities than the usual Chosen-One fare? Not that I'm complaining, it'd be a welcome change from the huge number of medieval-fantasy themed games.

There is definitely a Wasteland/Fallout nostalgia, and the fact is it's a setting that hasn't been done to death, at least by quality developers. Entertainment in general has had some great PA stuff. Mad Max, certain Twilight Zone episodes...it's been done well but not enough.

I don't think it's simply the Chosen One concept, as that is a fairly common scenario. If I had a quarter for every time I was the One, I'd have at least $37.26.

Renaissance Venice

Im considering something quite similar, though with a more Mesopotamian/Arab theme, as a major society in a piece I'm currently writing.

I really dont see the point to an RPG without an overarching storyline. Isnt that basically the definition of a roleplaying game? Also, the point completion system seems misguided, as it would limit player choice and knowledge.

Anyway, as for the game I'd like to see, I'm not really sure. I have some ideas for storylines, but I'd rather use them myself in my writing. I tend to like occult approaches though, such as those employed by Atlus or similar companies. Something about transcribing ancient mythologies into modern venues just gets me.

Overall, I would want some innovative perspective/angle on the basic RPG themes. Scifi in particular has been neglected in recent years (despite ME). If there were to be a new SF RPG, I'd hope for one centered on Earth in the near future (50-250 years), with preferably no aliens and limited space travel. Humans should be the focus. However, I would not object to different subspecies as a result of gengineering or other technologies.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

True RPG with IE.. maybe a Full Pool of Radiance-Pool of Darkness Series or even better Krynn series... Completly continue each other as they were. There's really thousands of stories to be used, but generally would like to see any deepstory. Also good other stories to be used "Death Gate" 1-8 for example. Although they made game over it in 1996 if I remember correctly. Nope it was 1994 http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/death-gate would love to go with Haplo through the story again (the full story).