NWN2 delayed until October

The problem is that if you don't keep up with the news on video cards, it's always difficult to find out what's good for you. I mean, you'd think the difference between X700, X800 and X900 (for example) would be exactly the same, but nooo. Also, if you start skipping across nvidia and ATi it gets worse.

I have right now all recommended specs, but ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 256mb (AGP); of course I could just upgrade to X800 or GeForce 6800, but they don't pay me to upgrade to play their game. Is upgrading to a card worse than X800 / GF6800 worth it? If so, what are good options and which ones are "blips" in the production progression?

Well, OE is not bad as Valve after all... :lol:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Better delayed than rushed...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

The problem is that if you don't keep up with the news on video cards, it's always difficult to find out what's good for you. I mean, you'd think the difference between X700, X800 and X900 (for example) would be exactly the same, but nooo. Also, if you start skipping across nvidia and ATi it gets worse.

I have right now all recommended specs, but ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 256mb (AGP); of course I could just upgrade to X800 or GeForce 6800, but they don't pay me to upgrade to play their game. Is upgrading to a card worse than X800 / GF6800 worth it? If so, what are good options and which ones are "blips" in the production progression?

I don't keep up as much any more. But when I'm in the market, I'll do some research to see performance, any issues, and so on.

If I had bought a whole new computer instead of upgrading, with the same stuff I have, it would have cost me around 1200 bucks. Thats for a Pentium D 3.2GHz, a geforce 7600GT, and 2 gigs of ram. I assume that will run NWN2... since thats the only reason I upgraded.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Dude, the linked computer is a straight up beast and the poster is basically exaggerating to stir up some ****. 

SNIP

I mean Holy Jesus.

I want... ugky case though.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Recommended:

- 3 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

- 1GB System Ram

- ATI Radeon X800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series or higher video card

Minimum System Requirements:

- Windows XP

- 512MB System RAM

- 2 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

- 128MB Direct3D compatible video card with DirectX 9.0c compatible driver

- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive

- 4.6GB free hard disk space

- DirectX 9.0c (included)

- DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card

- Microsoft .NET 2.0 Framework for toolset (included)

- Broadband connection for multiplayer online play

- Keyboard,Mouse

Supported Video Cards:

- ATI Radeon X1900 series

- ATI Radeon X1800 series

- ATI Radeon X1600 series

- ATI Radeon X1300 series

- ATI Radeon X850 series

- ATI Radeon X800 series

- ATI Radeon X700 series

- ATI Radeon X600 series

- ATI Radeon X300 series

- ATI Radeon 9800 series

- ATI Radeon 9600 series

- ATI Radeon 9500 series

- NVIDIA GeForce 7900 series

- NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series

- NVIDIA GeForce 7600 series

- NVIDIA GeForce 7300 series

- NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series

- NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series

- NVIDIA GeForce 6500 series

- NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series

- NVIDIA GeForce 6100 series

- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 series

- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 series

- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 series

- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 series

Ooooooh, so close to just meeting the minimum requirements.

Stupid need for a mouse. :)

Edited by sucky

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

A few weeks ago, System Requirements Labs' 'Can You Run It?' would check your system against the minimum and recommended specs for NWN2. Now, NWN2 has disappeared from the list of games covered. I wonder if the requirements are about to change.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I just saw that my retailer ( webhallen.se ) has the C.E pre-orders booked full already. The last time that happened was when the Euro release of World of Warcraft was comming. So I guess things are looking damn good for OE and ATARi

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I got my pre-sell Toolkit download key today. Sadly, the actual toolkit will not be available until September 18th :(

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Exclusive Limited Edition

Good Pack contains:

• Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2

• Artwork & Music DVD

• 40 page artbook

• Figurine

• Ring

• In-game item

• Map

• & more!!

ONLY AVAILABLE FROM

logo.gif

• Limited Edition Collectors Edition with additional content

• Neverwinter Nights Figurine

• 40 page Neverwinter Nights Art Book

• Pewter Ring

• A3 Clothe Map

• Artwork & Music DVD

• Neverwinter Nights 1 + Both Expansion Packs

• 10 Pre-Generated good characters

• In Game Item - The Blessed of Waukken

• 7 Day free trial of Dungeons & Dragons Online

• Special Edition Packaging

• Experience the long-awaited sequel to the game that revolutionised creating and playing computer role-playing games.

• Use the completely rewritten, powerful Obsidian Neverwinter Nights 2 Toolset to create your own adventures, share them with friends, or run them through your adventure directly as the Dungeon Master.

• Play online with other gamers and enjoy limitless adventure.

• Explore the Forgotten Realms in greater graphical splendour than ever before with a completely new, cutting-edge graphics system and an overland map.

• Employ new spells, feats, and advanced prestige classes, based on the exciting Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Edition rules.

• Recruit up to three companions to assist in your adventures. Improved party control allows for more dynamic tactical decisions in combat and more personal interaction.

• Rediscover familiar locations and meet old friends from the Neverwinter Nights series.

(w00t)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

• 3 weeks later...

http://nwn2.warcry.com/scripts/news/view_n...ite=91&id=64974

I really hope this is wrong, but since it's from Sawyer, I'm guessing it isn't.

Three months ago there was a definitive list of what types of systems would run this game, and mine didn't. I went out and bought what I could to at least run it, but now you're saying the processor has to be at least 2.4 ghz instead of the formerly announced 2.0 ghz?! I can't afford to run out and upgrade again, and I would have done it differently 3 months ago if the system specs were detailed differently. Why the change just a month before? Now there's no way I can play this game, and not for a long time, because I already spent what money I had for an upgrade 3 months ago.

See this link for posted requirements, including mention that 2.0 ghz is acceptable:

http://nwvault.ign.com/faq/index.php?category=9#9_1_4

and here:

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/NWN2/nwn2_s...equirements.php

and here too:

http://www.gpstore.co.nz/Games/1471048.html

Don't tell me "things change." The developers shouldn't have listed the requirements early if they weren't sure about it--that is bad business and quite unprofessional! I understand the recent delays and I'm willing to wait patiently, but not only must I wait several more months after release before I can afford any kind of additional upgrade, I've already WASTED several hundred dollars on a useless upgrade!

It's exactly this kind of thing that has put me off to PC gaming, and NWN2 was the only software I was making exception for. Sawyer's right in his thread about console gaming, and that's where I've moved to already, but I am extremely upset to see NWN2 be another example now of why I absolutely hate dealing with PC games. I've been playing NWN ever since it came out and it is the only game I play on PC now. If I manage to get this worked out somehow for NWN2, I can pretty much guarantee that for me, there will not be another PC upgrade for gaming purposes ever again--it simply requires too much wasted money to keep up. I'd much rather spend $500-$700 every 5 or 6 years on a console that the programs will always work for. I'm done with PC games!

-Schatten

Edited by schatten9