What are you playing now?

Darque

I'll probably wait until they release some sort of bundle with all the expansions.

And Dark Messiah and Caesar IV take precendence over The Sims.

I really think all hardcore RPGers should give The Sims a go.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Yes?

What are we doing here?

Heja Sverige!!

HOI deux

I played as britan from 1939 on and by 1940 france had turned germany into a dead horse that it beat every couple of months...

The biggest problem with HOI2 is the fact that our foresight lets us all metagame.

Though the fact that you were able to crunch Germany in the 1939 scenario (which means you don't get the huge buildup advantage) is still impressive.

What difficulty level an AI level were you playing at?

actually it was AI vs AI.

I was britan

You didn't do anything to help France though?

If that's the case, that would be the first time I have ever heard of France holding off Germany on their own in that game.

How far into 1940 did you get? Where exactly did France end up?

The last Sims I played was the first one (plus the first expansion).  Haven't bought newer editions.  Noticeable differences?

I have never played the first game, so I have no idea.

Heja Sverige!!

HOI deux

I played as britan from 1939 on and by 1940 france had turned germany into a dead horse that it beat every couple of months...

The biggest problem with HOI2 is the fact that our foresight lets us all metagame.

Though the fact that you were able to crunch Germany in the 1939 scenario (which means you don't get the huge buildup advantage) is still impressive.

What difficulty level an AI level were you playing at?

actually it was AI vs AI.

I was britan

You didn't do anything to help France though?

If that's the case, that would be the first time I have ever heard of France holding off Germany on their own in that game.

How far into 1940 did you get? Where exactly did France end up?

I did run some naval and air stuff but that's about it... and right now it's at 1942 and I can't do squat because Italy hasn't declared war on anyone and I can't do it on them for a while becasue of "beligerence"

and to be technical I think I started in 1938...

but right now the french are drinking wine and sleeping around with complete control over germany.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Sims 2:Pets is out in October ... :rolleyes:"

I know! The excitement is building! (w00t)

Never really got into the business one for Sims 2, but I'll be picking up the Pets expansion as soon as I've finished with NWN2. That could be a while, though.

I'm still in BG2: Throne of Bhaal with my cleric/ranger, and we've hit the boring part towards the end where it just seems to be one difficult battle after another. I'm looking forward to getting it done so I can find out what happens in the romance storyline, and then get on with this new NWN mod I just downloaded. :(

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I'm curious what the heck happened at the beginning. Especially if you didn't make much of an impact (unless maybe you sent a ton of planes).

Normally you get the standard Phony War in the West, until German DOWs the low countries and then pile drives France.

Probably led to a somewhat disinteresting game however :(

Too much sex?

Heja Sverige!!

I'm curious what the heck happened at the beginning.  Especially if you didn't make much of an impact (unless maybe you sent a ton of planes).

Normally you get the standard Phony War in the West, until German DOWs the low countries and then pile drives France.

Probably led to a somewhat disinteresting game however :(

that was nineteen forty two... I promtly decalred war on the Soviets (japan did too but on their own) and poland and france both increased their territory size (poland getting the "annex" of the soviet union). Now I'm withdrawing my units from russia (which is hard because I have no control over anything east of lenningrad, stupid frenchies) to redeploy to africa so I can comfortably go to war...

Too much sex?

Blank? Sex? he's religious he won't be able to have sex without serious mental problems. Edited by Calax

THANK GOD! now I won't have to wait a year and a half for my spearhead to return to the kola peninsula.

I bought Silent Storm last night. Only gone through the tutorial and the first mission (where you have to carry your unconscious commander to safety) but it seems pretty cool already. One thing worries me though: the first map was very small, almost like a tunnel leading up to the motorcycle. Are all maps that cramped or was that just so us newbies wouldn't get lost in the woods?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It might be CTRL-Right Click.  It's one combination of the others.

Just don't use it as a cheap tactic to save your units when they are about to be encircled!

nope... never...

anyway how can you get a countries beligerence up so you can attack it?

on another note I made a nice beachead on mainland china (japanese controlled) and am no getting swamped by the AI USA with units at the beach so I have somthing to play with.

oh.. poland has more territory than it knows what to do with right now... it extends all the way from east germany to north china.

Edited by Calax

I bought Silent Storm last night. Only gone through the tutorial and the first mission (where you have to carry your unconscious commander to safety) but it seems pretty cool already. One thing worries me though: the first map was very small, almost like a tunnel leading up to the motorcycle. Are all maps that cramped or was that just so us newbies wouldn't get lost in the woods?

The mission maps are pretty big, with quite a few buildings to climb around and explode. The random ones are small.

..with quite a few buildings to climb around and explode.

I don't think I'll be quite that brutal. I'm playing a sniper :)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm finally playing the Dark Messiah of Might and Magic demo. The combat is indeed worthy of the hype, in fact, first person combat has never been done this well. Also, it's nice to see the Source engine being used in a proper game.

The demo has already crashed a couple of times on me, though. Hopefully, they'll fix these problems before the game's release.

Heja Sverige!!