KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

Only problem with "downloadable" missions is how much money is there in that, compared to the cost.

Does Bioware make a lot of money off their premium modules? Would it cost extra if they had to make it for both Xbox and PC?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

How would it be like if you could buy a Kotor Gold edition featuring Kotor I and II with improved graphics and especially Kotor II with more content and a Kotor III which registers your previous Revan and Exile, so you could see the same characters in the third game which you created by playing the first two games. And off course Kotor III could simply not be run completely seperate. How about that.

Master Vandar lives!

How would it be like if you could buy a Kotor Gold edition featuring Kotor I and II with improved graphics and especially Kotor II with more content and a Kotor III which registers your previous Revan and Exile, so you could see the same characters in the third game which you created by playing the first two games. And off course Kotor III could simply not be run completely seperate. How about that.

Not a bad idea, but wouldn't they have to then be run on the same engine? Also, if I've already beaten I and II, then I wouldn't want to beat them again JUST to play III. If there was a way to transfer your saves then I'm all for it

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

If one were to add revan and exile then you'd have to have a tool that would level revan and exile to a certain point and would allow people who had the completed games use the completion data

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hawk, that is by far the best idea I have ever read on these boards. Those who insist on determining the gender/alignment of revan and the Exile could simply play the games again and KOTOR III would pick them up.

If you don't care, you could jump right into KOTOR III, or it could have some lam-ish way to set everything in the game (like KOTOR II did).

I bet there are plenty of people -- especially the people who care about the gender/alignment deal -- who would play through KOTOR I and II again. Reviewing the boards, I know I'm not alon when I say I've played each at least 3 times. So another time back-to-back-to-back could actually be very cool.

im new to the Obsidian Forums and have a suggestion for KOTOR 3, to make it more interesting i think it should follow along the lines (in terms of gameplay, as i believe that is the most important thing for any game) of Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion. Like the ability to free roam, not on the scale of Oblivion but something larger than the previous two games, and with the capabilities of games developers these days it shouldn't be that difficult and i think that if Obsidian anounced something that good for K3, fans wouldn't mind waiting awhile for it to be finished, i know i wouldn't. also get rid of teh turn based combat, again give it something along the lines of Oblivion.

this really isnt a idea but they need to fix the dioulage reaction because some of them dont make since with the anwser.

In the force powers department i think we should be able to summon lightsabers to fight beside your or a force power that allows you to kind of transform in a force creature like a terrenetek but less bulkier.

Hawk, that is by far the best idea I have ever read on these boards. Those who insist on determining the gender/alignment of revan and the Exile could simply play the games again and KOTOR III would pick them up.

Thanks!

And when it is all one engine, it doesn't really matter when you release the game. I can remember that I bought years ago an X-wing game (one of the good titles of Lucasarts) with better graphics and played it again. How about the ability to play Kotor I with the workbench and Lab station of Kotor II. Influence maybe. It can all be done, even with the existing voice samples I think.

I and I think a lot of others here would love to play Kotor I with the Kotor II improvements.

Besides, if Lucasarts needs to come up with something which sells very well they should come up with idea's like this I think.

Master Vandar lives!

If you don't care, you could jump right into KOTOR III, or it could have some lam-ish way to set everything in the game (like KOTOR II did).

I bet there are plenty of people -- especially the people who care about the gender/alignment deal -- who would play through KOTOR I and II again. Reviewing the boards, I know I'm not alon when I say I've played each at least 3 times. So another time back-to-back-to-back could actually be very cool.

Although there would need to be a way to import the existing savegame file for those who want to play K3 with the existing Revan and Exile that's already on their harddrives

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Guest The Architect

It's a great idea hawk, however, if you are implying that KotOR III comes with this KotOR Gold Edition featuring Kotor I and II with improved graphics and especially Kotor II with more content as you say; then for a start, people may jump straight into KotOR III and play it before they play the KotOR and KotOR II special editions.

So what's my point? The point is, if the KotOR II special edition features the important missing content, if people jumped straight into KotOR III first (which I'm sure plenty of people would do) then they might become very confused with what they are told about regarding the events of KotOR II, in other words, people will say "What the hell? That never happened in KotOR II."

But I suppose if KotOR III came with the KotOR Gold Edition, you would read the back of the games (as you usually do before playing a game) and perhaps you would be made aware that the KotOR II Gold version would contain all the missing content, meaning that if you jump straight onto KotOR III without having played the KotOR II special edition, then you can understand why events you didn't know about that happened in KotOR II effect KotOR III (since the KotOR II version with the missing content available would be what the KotOR III storyline is based off).

But apart from that, the cost of this package (to LucasArts and the customer) may be enough to draw both LA and some customers away from making/buying this special package (since such a thing would not come at the average video game price).

But the biggest problem of all with this idea that has good intentions hawk is that yes, it would not be difficult to implement the appearence, gender, alignment, class, lightsaber type and lightsaber colour of your Revan and your Exile, but writing approximately four different Revan's and four different Exile's is something I don't think devs want to do.

I'm not suggesting that the devs of a potential KotOR III game should implement a fixed Revan and a fixed Exile on us to make the game work (you know that I, of all people, loathe that idea) but there is a way to bring back Revan and the Exile in KotOR III without having to write four different Revan's and four different Exile's and without having to worry about their appearences and fixing their gender/alignment, since the player must be allowed to decide that for themselves in KotOR III (assuming the game is made and assuming it will be the 'wrapper upper' game most people expect it to be).

Edited by The Architect

i posted my wishlist long ago but there's something i forgot: i'd really like more info in the abilities panel, like blaster bolt deflection and overall damage immunities/resistances, force point regeneration, vitality regeneration and regeneration rate. you can get those kind of properties from many items, some are cumulative others ain't, a summary would be cool.

I just want to say that KotOR and KotOR II are great games.

I still play them and will continue to do so. :wub:

KotOR has a great stroy. It makes it hard on KotOR II but BIOWARE did a good job. :cool:

KotOR II was just what I wanted - more powers - more leveling - more options. :devil:

For anything that was a failing in these games they are still some of the best around and keep me coming back. :thumbsup:

I myself could not handle a true lightsaber battle like a jedi, but these games set me up to have the feeling of being a jedi and being able to. (w00t)

In KotOR 3 (if it ever happends :luck: ) I have a wish list:

1. More powers - and stronger ones

2. More light saber hilts and custumizations

3. More realistic combat

4. The speical powers - Force Sight, Breath Control, etc. - rock, more please :D

5. The ability to slow time :blink:

6. More planets - less of what has aready been used :(

7. I want to be able to fight more guys with lightsabers :ph34r:

8. Please take note - swords can't stand up to lightsabers :huh:

9. More realistic enviorntents

10. More bad guys at one time :devil:

11. An ending that is more like the KotOR Star Forge areas, with badies that came at you enmass, ready or not.

12. More custumization of the PC - you.

13. An awarness added in game and in conversations that tells you things that would otherwise be mist. Hint: Use the force :)

14. Feel free to use new characters

15. More of HK-47 :lol:

16. Please do not create a non-jedi -nothing special- guy that takes many hits with a lightsaber to take down - it makes the lightsaber look bad :">

17. Minigames are fun and add spice to game play - keep them coming :)

18. Think big - we are changing the course of a trillions of lives here - so do what you can to show that o:)

Thanks to the people that brought us KotOR 1 & 2 :thumbsup:

Edited by James Dunn

Like every intellectual forum member, you started with post in Kotor 3: Ideas and Suggestions topic

Cheers! :lol:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

8. Please take note - swords can't stand up to lightsabers

This is what happens when people don't listen to Trask Ulgo. Vibroblades are designed with a cortosis weave. Cortosis is a rare mineral which resists lightsabers. A little Jedi Outcast reference. :rolleyes:

I would like to see The Exile get involed in something bigger. As kreia said at the end of the game that this HUGE WAR and everythnig the Exile went through was just the beginning of somethnig bigger. I want the Exile to follow revan where their paths will meet and a dark secret will be found. As for powers I think there are plenty of powers. There is no need for more powers. Mabey a few new feats would be nice though. What was cool about KOTOR2 was that each character seemed to have special feats. I think that should continue. But I am for the first time sort of worrying about if they will come out with a KOTOR3. Please obsidian you left me hanging in the second one so now you must come out with a third.

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

This is what happens when people don't listen to Trask Ulgo. Vibroblades are designed with a cortosis weave. Cortosis is a rare mineral which resists lightsabers. A little Jedi Outcast reference. :ermm:

I know what you mean, its just that you said "Cortsis is a rare mineral" so why do you see them all over the place?

I well remember what the expenation was. I just think it was done to solve a problem and went a little too far.

Besides, it just looks cheesy. :p There is nothing stopping them at this point in the story from giving a thug a lightsaber that says "I am a jedi, now give me all your money...". And just to push the point home they can remove a hand. :(

Remember, more lightsabers = more :cool:

Edited by James Dunn

This is what happens when people don't listen to Trask Ulgo. Vibroblades are designed with a cortosis weave. Cortosis is a rare mineral which resists lightsabers. A little Jedi Outcast reference. :ermm:

I know what you mean, its just that you said "Cortsis is a rare mineral" so why do you see them all over the place?

I well remember what the expenation was. I just think it was done to solve a problem and went a little too far.

Besides, it just looks cheesy. :p There is nothing stopping them at this point in the story from giving a thug a lightsaber that says "I am a jedi, now give me all your money...". And just to push the point home they can remove a hand. :(

Remember, more lightsabers = more :cool:

Because this is 4000 years before Jedi Outcast and I was simply quoting it. How long did it take us to waste all the oil?

Okay, okay fine. You win.

I just love the idea of a 3rd installment. I made up some opening credits just for fun:

Long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away...

----

KOTOR 3

Due to a series of wars the once great Religion of the Jedi has come to an end.

The Republic is collapsing at a rapid rate as system after system leaves in hope of minimizing the damage of a dieing government that is expected to renounce its governmental status. The galaxy is in chaos as new governments fight for control in an anarchy.

And what

cortosis was an ore that origionated in I, Jedi and Spectere of the past/Vision of the future. It WAS a rare ore but the emperor had enough of it that he could ring the imperal palace in it. I think that technically if it's got cortosis in it your lightsaber should shut off every time you touch a vibro because the cortosis causes somthing akin to the tripping of a circut... only in your lightsaber (after every strike against cortosis the lightsaber automatically shuts down so it doesn't go boom).

While i"m not entirly on the side of bioware in that cortosis could be forged into a blade, I can understand why they said it.

After all only jedi use Lighsabers and if the jedi cut through all the vibro blades it'd be even less of a challenge.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Have all you guys checked out the Star Wars 2007 video? (If not you can check it out at Youtube.com, just serch for "star wars 2007"

It rocks!! (w00t) If you have not, you need to!

Those powers are what I am talking about. While there is no news that I know of that the game in the vid will be the next KotOR. It will bring us closer to the force. It will be welcome. :D