Original Street Fighter 2 US game cover

grape

some clairfication please? what do you want to know? I remember it but it looks like all the other promo art I've ever seen.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I think its bloody ugly and thats been my opinion since I first saw it. The way Blanka flied through the air while crouching like hes about to take a dump is just mind-boggling :rolleyes:

and his name isnt a big hit either since theres a swede nursery rhyme that goes

"rida, rida ranka. h

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I always thought the cover looked bad.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

the adjective "shiny" in pluralis. you britons dont have wicked grammar like that.

Kniven

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

• 2 weeks later...

I have a big original poster from this cover, on which you can see the 3 thrashing opponents in a larger shape, so I must admit, that Chun Li has a little too much muscles on this cover,especially to see this on her both powerful legs. .She was a young Chinese girl at her first appearance in 1992, it seems the american artist didn't know exactly, how must to draw such an asian woman, perhaps he thought he must draw Chun Li in this tough style, to show that she can keep up with her male counterparts, but this style let she appears herself too masculine, that is not very realistic, she must be much more female.

What you are thinking about it?

Here is a scan from the poster, which is showing the painting from this cover. I must take it down from the wall to make a scan. The poster was hanging there for about 10 years already.

ova-2.jpghttp://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/ova-2.jpg

I may be wrong, but if memory serves correct all Japanese artists did the art for the Street Fighter series and cover art. Capcom is a Japanese company. Most of Capcom USA is... Capcom.

Capcom Corporate

I used to own the Super Street Fighter II Turbo Art Book and all of it was done by Japanese Artists. Take a look at all of the old school SFII art, it all looks pretty much the same.

Edited by AngryKidJoe

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

One thing that's very odd with this picture is that it shows a possibly defeated Ryu lying unconscious on the floor! Ryu is supposed to be *the* hero of the series; it's most inappropriate for him to be portrayed like that on the cover art....

Edited by Raymond Luxury-Yacht

pronounced: Throatwobbler Mangrove

M. Bison?

Pfft. He's a punk. People always try to do his lame sliding trip and against inexperienced players you could actually get them stuck in the corner.

Guile used to be a pain, because his special moves could both be set up the same way (hold down and back), and you could fire sonic booms until the guy tried jumping it, then he would flash kick you.

Though I learned how to spam Ryu's much faster fireball, and it was gameover for him then! Plus while going up in the Dragon Punch you are invincible (I once Dragon Punched a fireball with zero health left to avoid getting it, since blocking would have killed me. Made me feel l33t). Much better than Sagat's lame, wannabe Tiger Uppercut. Ken may be a wannabe follower too, but at least he took the time to learn the mad skillz0rs in the correct way. Sagat is a little baby. Ryu whoops him!

Though I think Balrog (in Turbo, since you could play him) was the worst. Ugh did he suck.

Dhalsim, the stetch guy? Sucks.

Ahhhh, so many memories.