Am I the only one who couldn't hate Darth Traya?

Well I just yesterday finished KoToR II yesterday. Man, I had some MEMORABLE play sessions with that game, just like the first one...talking 5, 6, sometimes 7 hours at a pop, wooo!

Now I have to admit, playing as a pure Light-sider and at a key moment...when I finally figured out what was going on, I had a bit of a hate on for Traya. Thing is, it was NOTHING like what I felt for Malak. Him, I wanted dead. Sliced, sabered to burning bits. But Traya? All I felt was, "WHY, dangnabbit, WHY? I gotta find her and ask her to her face, WHY???"

I just didn't feel any hate for Darth Traya; I felt pity, I felt sorry for her. I actually *liked* her, and was hoping I wouldn;t have to fight her. Am I alone in this?

Oh, and on another note...Sion, Nihilus AND Traya were far too easy to beat with my 15 Consular/10 Jedi Master. I had something like 38 Wisdom by the end of th game, and was able to wipe out whole groups of Sith assasins, Marauders and Dark Jedi with just two shots of Lightning.

I think everyone will agree that the bosses were all a little too easy to defeat.

Maybe you felt pitty for her because she travelled with you as Kriea, so you got to learn her back story, her betrayal of her students akin to the betrail of the Jedi Masters of you etc... Kriea had alot more character development that Malak. Plus Malak tried to kill you, whereas Kriea was trying to protect you until she got what she wanted.

As an American would say, thats my "2 cents" :o

Welcome to OE forums. Well, K2 does feel slightly different and probably not really what you thought it could be.

Think that having Kreia's arms cut off and leaving her being able to wield only a single-handed lightsaber was also a slightly lame idea. Anyhow, feel free to take a look at a K3 discussion thread under the Star Wars universe forum and discuss about other SW ideas.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Well, I also couldn't bring myself to hate Darth Traya so much as to kill her. I wanted to feed Malak's guts to a rancor however.

When the end finally came, I thought of Kreia as not really evil, despite everything. I felt like giving her a sound beating, but never felt like killing her. If it was up to me, I would have left her there and let her decide her fate from there.

Not only did i not hate her but i admired her, and i pleyed a light side character.

1. She manage to dispose of the republic gretest threat: Darth Nihilus.

2. She showed that Jedi master Atris is as dark as a the sith from her library.

3. She proved that jedi council was driven by their own fears: the fear that exile will feed on their powers. That they misunderstood the light side by beeing over-assured of their own flawless judgements: exiling of "the exile" and probably Kreia, instead of telling him the truth.

The game tells us she manipulated us. But did she force us to do something we would not gladly do ourselves: kill Nihilus, reveal Atris true nature?

And what about her evil acts: forcing Atton to fallow us, sending Hanharr after Mira, killing the council, hiding her true aims from us from the begining, and probably more. Was this really bad, evil? Or maybe there is an explanation. Atton forced to stay with us, finally got at peace with his past. He manage to explain and understand himself, maybe even forgive. This and more makes her a true light sided character in my eyes.

[Philosophical side note: Is it really possible to be Light sided and survive at all. This is why i personally have a lot of respect for her (and whoever wrote the story) - for rising that question. For showing us that sometimes we can only survive by choosing smaler evil. But if it is neccesary to survive is that evil? What should one do when there is a person like the exile who siphons other peoples strenght (lets suppose he does). Should we allow him to live, as a truly ligh side person, but die as a consequence of this. Or should we kill in self defence.]

greetings to all forum dwellers :p

she may help rid the jedi of nihilius. but had a other motive if you listen to her story. he hurt her. so the way i see it was a sort of payback. in my view she was nothing then a witch and she got what she deserved. i was singing bing bang the witch is dead:P

Darth Traya is propably best CRPG villain ever.

edit: Well that didn't answer to question. Yeah, I was like "Why Kreia, why you did all this?" when I met him. Then he took those stupid floating sabers and thought: Duh, that was cheap trick, be ready death!"

Seriously

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I didn't hate her in the sense of the plot. She was a pretty interesting character story and motivation-wise - certainly not the typical 'villian' (they used the others for that role I guess...).

But just like some people couldn't stand listening to Disciple's battle cries, I couldn't stand listening to hers, so my antipathy slowly grew... :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I also couldn't bring myself to hate her. One thing I liked about her character, was that she wasn't a 'muahaha blow up the universe or take it over' villain, but instead a person who wanted to destroy the force, putting people on equal terms. No more force users that threaten to dominate the galaxy for either the cause of dark or light.

My only disapointment was the forced battle at the end.

Option 1: "I don't want to fight!" "Too bad! Here come the force swords!"

Option 2: "I'm going to kill you!" "You wont take me without a fight! Here come the force swords!"

:)

Ups, called Kreia as him. :blink:

She was very interesting character and I did not want to kill her, but I knew that I have to do it. Well, after those 3 sabers appeared and I was killed again and again until I realized good tactic against them, I really, really wanted to kill her.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Kreia's my favorite character from K2, I think she's very misunderstood. I find her as a tragic hero, in a sense. She's soooo tired of being pushed around by the Force, and seeing the trillions of sentinents that die at Its will. So, she wants to end the Force. That way no more Jedi, no more Sith, no more of this stupid fighting that's been going on for aeons. Quite a big project for such a little Jedi/Sith Master to tackle...

Edited by STDSkillz

I didn't hate Kreia either, I just thought the whole reasoning for the "death of the force" thing was a little cheesy

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

And what about her evil acts: forcing Atton to fallow us, sending Hanharr after Mira, killing the council, hiding her true aims from us from the begining, and probably more. Was this really bad, evil?
YES.

...Seriously, what did you expect?

And what about her evil acts: forcing Atton to fallow us, sending Hanharr after Mira, killing the council, hiding her true aims from us from the begining, and probably more. Was this really bad, evil?
YES.

...Seriously, what did you expect?

:thumbsup::lol:

Exactly

No I don't hate Kriea either and I don't think her manipulation of Atton and getting Hannhar to try to kill Mira was that evil.Sure they weren't the nicest things to do. :(

The way I see it is,Kreia did that so Atton and Mira would put their pasts behind them and protect the Exile.

Killing the council,I mean how can that truly be called 'evil' they were going to cut you off from the force.If they did then Nihilus would have destoyed every thing! :o

As for manipulating the Exile from the beginning,she needed some one to stop the sith from destroying the galaxy....not like the republic deserves to survive. :huh: The republic is not the entire galaxy.How could you hate someone that is so totally screwed by fate that she is willing to kill the source of all her suffering?I know to claim human nature as a defence is wrong,and THAT is my point.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Kreia has been one of the best written npc's i have ever seen in a game. a great guide / mentor in this game. I think Obsidian had this in mind, maybe, so that her character would stand out so far above anyone else in terms of importance, allowing you to be influnced by her, either way( at least first time through) .

I think it was rather a shame to have you battle her in the end though. Would have rather seen you walk off and become another Darth/Master Sion, depending on alignment. Her using her tutees as pawns( and a continuation of that) would have been much more powerful, and thus put her back into the spotlight as the reason for the story, not you. battle can be quite uncivilized, with or without a blaster.

I admit to not buying this game for over a year, due to negative blabber all over the internet. What a fool i was. All of the plot reveals and dialouge push this one into art status. Makes the ending really not matter so much, as its the journey that the heart of the matter, as I Never liked endings much.

What a fantastic game.

cheers !

• 2 weeks later...
Well I just yesterday finished KoToR II yesterday. Man, I had some MEMORABLE play sessions with that game, just like the first one...talking 5, 6, sometimes 7 hours at a pop, wooo!

Now I have to admit, playing as a pure Light-sider and at a key moment...when I finally figured out what was going on, I had a bit of a hate on for Traya. Thing is, it was NOTHING like what I felt for Malak. Him, I wanted dead. Sliced, sabered to burning bits. But Traya? All I felt was, "WHY, dangnabbit, WHY? I gotta find her and ask her to her face, WHY???"

I just didn't feel any hate for Darth Traya; I felt pity, I felt sorry for her. I actually *liked* her, and was hoping I wouldn;t have to fight her. Am I alone in this?

Oh, and on another note...Sion, Nihilus AND Traya were far too easy to beat with my 15 Consular/10 Jedi Master. I had something like 38 Wisdom by the end of th game, and was able to wipe out whole groups of Sith assasins, Marauders and Dark Jedi with just two shots of Lightning.

I Didnt hate malak

I hated tayra for being a backstabing jedi master killing tratioris #$%^%

its hard having the bad guy on your team the whole time from the beginning.

Disciple's controversial battle cries. Just as bad as Carths. :rolleyes:"

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester