What are you playing ...

Aw, jags, you know some of us don't have any patience. Dammit. Anyhow, we're the ones who will buy the 8 series upon release anyhow. Well. Probably not. I'll wait for a while after release, but I'm sure I'll get it fairly soon after they get it out for general consumption. That probably won't be before the middle of next year anyhow, will it?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

You yutz!

Let us know what you think. heh heh.

:Eldar's shifty-eyed, letting Bok dish out the dirt on the 8 series icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Well of course it's going to be good thoughts; friggin' 8 series will run crysis like buttah.

Sure it will. :)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Well of course it's going to be good thoughts; friggin' 8 series will run crysis like buttah.

I think the real test is whether it can handle Freelancer: Discovery capital ship explosions. :)

is that a mod or an actual game?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I pulled out Roller Coaster Tycoon again, last night. Working on a huge ornamental park. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Aw, jags, you know some of us don't have any patience.  Dammit.  Anyhow, we're the ones who will buy the 8 series upon release anyhow.  Well.  Probably not.  I'll wait for a while after release, but I'm sure I'll get it fairly soon after they get it out for general consumption.  That probably won't be before the middle of next year anyhow, will it?

I'm onto you Eldar ... you will just build a new computer for yourself, and recycle the one you have now for your wife ... and take all the credit from her for spoiling her with a "super" computer. :)

I think the real test is whether it can handle Freelancer: Discovery capital ship explosions. -_-

Haha those lag bad.

they would need two things:

1. a PhysX PPU or similar,
  2. a patch to second out the explosions to the PPU.

:D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Crazy Swede - how much did you shell out for that thing?  Just wait for the 8-series already.

My old 6800Ultra broke on me so I had to get a replacement fast. So I got a card that I was sure I could sell later when the Gf8 series come.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

they would need two things:
  1. a PhysX PPU or similar,

2. a patch to second out the explosions to the PPU.

:D

When two cards just aren't enough anymore... www.vr-zone.com

One problem with that setup: physics calculations require a different hardware architecture. Whereas Video is just huge parallel processing of pixels (bump mapping then multiple shadow creations, a bit like netburst), which are all read-only; the physics calculations requires that the original data be updated as a consequence of calculations, so they are read-and-write (because the thousands of objects will have their momentum impacted by the momentum of all the other objects).

So it is much better to have a PPU as well as a dual-card set-up.

:)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Aw, jags, you know some of us don't have any patience.  Dammit.  Anyhow, we're the ones who will buy the 8 series upon release anyhow.  Well.  Probably not.  I'll wait for a while after release, but I'm sure I'll get it fairly soon after they get it out for general consumption.  That probably won't be before the middle of next year anyhow, will it?

I'm onto you Eldar ... you will just build a new computer for yourself, and recycle the one you have now for your wife ... and take all the credit from her for spoiling her with a "super" computer. :lol:

This is so true it's uncanny.

Obsidian Plays

Just stopped playing....

Wizardry 8 - Things were going pretty smoothly up until the battles started to get way too long. I even had the mod that supposedly increased the enemy movement speed. God, I can only imagine playing this game w/o that mod....yikes! Not only were the battles boring but trying to keep my party from passing out from exhaustion was a challenge in itself. Unsure if I'll load this one up again.

Currently playing....

Neverwinter Nights - Don't know why.....just got this urge to play a Wizard in a DnD game. Lots of better choices out there to do that but I haven't finished NWN yet.

Neverwinter Nights - Online Persistant World

DooM 3 & RTCW Enemy Territory - I'm stuck with these three until I get a job and get some other Linux compatable games.

I'm also playing an Open Source MMORPG called Daimonin. You'll not be impressed by the graphics.

Edited by AngryKidJoe

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

I guess I am modding RTW, oh how far I've fallen. :D

Then there's Halo 2(getting IWHBYD), some Total Realism and Barbarian Invasion, plus some Thief 2 fanmissions.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'm updating my 3-yr old NWN mod. Didn't realize people were still actually playing it, so might as well remove some gamestopping bug in it. In hindsight, I should have simply named it 'The Annal'.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=modules.Detail&id=234

Hehe, it's a nice blast in the past, complete with pretty archaic storytelling from back in the day :ermm:

Support would be nice, too!

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)