BREAKING NEWS: MCA NWN2 DESIGNER DIARY

We bought them, along with all of the other assets that were part of Jefferson/Van Buren.

:devil:

Hmmm.... interesting.... :mellow:

Please don't say that...Ramza will have a stroke. o:)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

We bought them, along with all of the other assets that were part of Jefferson/Van Buren.

So in hypothetical terms, if someone one day would find the sounds from Van Buren somewhere in the Interweb and decided to release them, to mods using the FO editor or the NWN2 tools or any indie engine to make a total conversion or a small game without taking any profit from it, you wouldn't be all Herve on those modders and people that would find the sounds, meaning you wouldn't call the cavalry right?

:devil:

Hmmm.... interesting.... :mellow:

Please don't say that...Ramza will have a stroke. o:)

Like Sawyer didn't know exactly what he was saying. Hell, I'd be glad to see if all that went somewhere. I just don't want to hold out hope for it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

crushing dreams is what all peoples in managerial positions ends up doing.  you is simply more cheerful 'bout doing so than is chrisA?

Probably more than any other designer here.

Gromnir did forget 'bout how you bought art resources.  am suprised you wasted time and effort on coming up with new icons if you paid for old ones you has been using since ps:t in some cases.

I looked through our spell icons and apparently we are still using a few of the Jefferson icons. They were used in IWD2, but they were really made for Jefferson. IWD2 needed spell icons, but Parker used his powers to ensure that Brian Menze made the icons in the format that Jefferson was using. It's coincidentally the same format as the icons used in NWN2. The problem is that we have about 3500 icons in NWN2 and Menze's icons could only really account for maybe 200-350 of those. Ian and krew re-used some of them, but they still had to make boatloads of new ones.

hypothetically speaking, if a modder wants to use obsidian assets then why not request formally... rather than trying to be a sneaky little punk 'bout it? write a letter and ask. build a game or some other media that uses obsidian resources in the hope that they won't come after you likes LA does is just plain gutless... you deserve to get your arse handed to you if you take the coward's approach... hypothetically speaking.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

crushing dreams is what all peoples in managerial positions ends up doing.  you is simply more cheerful 'bout doing so than is chrisA?

Probably more than any other designer here.

Gromnir did forget 'bout how you bought art resources.  am suprised you wasted time and effort on coming up with new icons if you paid for old ones you has been using since ps:t in some cases.

I looked through our spell icons and apparently we are still using a few of the Jefferson icons. They were used in IWD2, but they were really made for Jefferson. IWD2 needed spell icons, but Parker used his powers to ensure that Brian Menze made the icons in the format that Jefferson was using. It's coincidentally the same format as the icons used in NWN2. The problem is that we have about 3500 icons in NWN2 and Menze's icons could only really account for maybe 200-350 of those. Ian and krew re-used some of them, but they still had to make boatloads of new ones.

understood. thanks for the reply and the info.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

btw, while Gromnir not so much like crushing dreams, we not mind it... and we does actually enjoy the seemingly thankless managerial chores. manage a big project/case is like working on a particularly complex puzzle... you gotta visiualize the end result and try to utlize your resources to makes your hoped for product/outcome match your vision. is kinda fun if you likes such complex problem solving tasks... the opportunity to makes people cry is just kinda a bonus.

HA! Good Fun!

:blink:

Hmmm.... interesting.... :)

Please don't say that...Ramza will have a stroke. :ermm:

Like Sawyer didn't know exactly what he was saying. Hell, I'd be glad to see if all that went somewhere. I just don't want to hold out hope for it.

:-" :-" :-" The day when all of you will regret mocking me approaches...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

you is making way too much out of the purchase of jefferson resources. am doubting that interplay would sell piecemeal anyways. when Gromnir were a kid we recalls going to a garage sale at which a guy had some baseball cards we wanted... but he wouldn't just sell us the tom seaver rookie... we had to buy the whole box of crap along with it... which were ok with us.

in any event, simple purchase of jefferson resources not mean all that much in and of itself.

HA! Good Fun!

Hint hint.

am suspecting that josh could make a nonsensical one-word post and 1/2 of you would find some hidden meaning in it.

"blue."

omg! he said "blue." do you know what that means? religious symbolism equates the color blue with heaven and it carries with it the attribute of TRUTH! that must mean that it is true that obsidian is developing jefferson.

see, i told you!

*shakes head sadly*

HA! Good Fun!

I dunno. I think that The Black Hound is destined to be a premium module that Obsidian will make available for sale. Furthermore, I think Sawyer will head the design team, which will be very small, and that he considers it his "personal" project.

:Eldar's ****-eating grin icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

hypothetically speaking, if a modder wants to use obsidian assets then why not request formally... rather than trying to be a sneaky little punk 'bout it?  write a letter and ask.  build a game or some other media that uses obsidian resources in the hope that they won't come after you likes LA does is just plain gutless... you deserve to get your arse handed to you if you take the coward's approach... hypothetically speaking.

HA! Good Fun!

In Josh Sawyers words:

When even the angriest and most rabidly unruly Fallout fans at satellite websites produce more useful feedback than you are, something's wrong. Rosh would probably blow my foot off with C4 as soon as look at me, but even he has given me more useful feedback on the development of this project.

:lol:

Since you have a track record of bad advice i'll ignore your remarks once again, Gromnir. Thank you for your time.

Not so long as you stick with that lame avatar.

What do you have against Excel? She's really nice! :lol:

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p