BREAKING NEWS: MCA NWN2 DESIGNER DIARY

Hmm, well, nothing really new in the text. There's the video that was posted in the other thread though, which showcases new animations. There's a couple of new screenshots too.

... Seeing JE trying to post on the Gamespot forums was priceless.

EDIT: .... Okay, maybe I shouldn't have read the Gamespot forums :)

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Role-Playing for the people. Good Lord. I wish I used rolling eye icons. :Eldar's wishing he used rolling eye icons icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Oh, it's more like an article. The Diary idea is probably meant to make it sound more personal, but it's not really. Still, I think it's a nice little blurb. Clearly the point is to sell the game, but we can't hold that against him. Still, I groaned when I saw the "for the people" heading.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Do those dudes get better or worse will saves when they're berserked?

Better, I suppose. When you're berserking, you've pretty much switched your brain off and are less-vulnerable to mind-affecting spells, or at least that's how I imagine it.

come visit us to chat about other stuff on the Obsidian Entertainment forums

Surely he means the Bioware forums. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Where are the spell icons?

EDIT: Ah. Nevermind. IWD2 goodness. :)

Edited by Sammael

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

EDIT: Ah. Nevermind. IWD2 goodness.  :thumbsup:

I can't find them, still. :(

It seems wierd hearing/seeing/watching Josh and Feargus in person. :o

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

EDIT: Ah. Nevermind. IWD2 goodness.  :thumbsup:

I can't find them, still. :(

It seems wierd hearing/seeing/watching Josh and Feargus in person. :o

look at the screen shots, the first one I think it has the spell icons on the bottom of the screen shot.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I don't like the fact that they didn't include portraits. One of the cool features of the IE games and of NWN was the portraits and the possibility to customize them. SHAME ON YOU OBSIDIAN!

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Actually looking at the 2nd new screenshot - those spell icons look like they're from Torment.  I recognize magic missile, Grace's call lightning and some of Ignus's fire spells.

Lovely :thumbsup:

Actually, look at this firestorm icon from IWD2, it is identical to the one in the screenshot.

Firestorm

The same for lightening bolt ,

Lightening bolt

qwb,

I missed Torment's wacky spell animations. When they didn't take forever I guess. Seeing the cutscenes for the high lvl ones was great the first few times, but they dragged on after a few times.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Torments spells were silly, and overtop. They were cool the first time. Afterwards, I just wanted to use them on those who deisgned them. It's funny that I don't mind those type of things in a FF game; but it just felt out of place in a D&D game. They seemed tacky; because it was just another way to show how 'wacky' PST was...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Are those icons taken *directly* from IWD2?

Looks like it. I wonder what the new spell icons look like, as those are all IWD2 icons

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson