NWN2 hardware requirement

Pagan

From the Bio board

Found on GameSpot:

Minimum, right now, is looking like a 2.4GHz P4, 512MB of RAM, NVidia 5600Ultra or ATI 9500pro or better and broadband for multiplayer.

Feargus Urquhart

CEO

Obsidian Entertainment, Inc.

www.obsidianent.com

Whoops, look like I can play this game after all.

Is that the "minimum" configuration or the "recommended" configuration? Typically, the so-called "recommended" specs actually end up being the bare minumum you need to run the damn thing at a framerate faster than a Powerpoint presentation. :lol:

Agh, mine processor is only 1.8 GHz. Well, a gig of RAM should circumvent that lack quite efficiently. Hope my 6600 can manage the game on medium though.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Is that the "minimum" configuration or the "recommended" configuration? Typically, the so-called "recommended" specs actually end up being the bare minumum you need to run the damn thing at a framerate faster than a Powerpoint presentation.  :lol:

It's always possible to down the graphic details as well.

I find most minimum requirements tend to be pretty spot on actually.

Yeah, I've lost count on how much moaning I've seen over e.g the framerate of FEAR. That was supposed to run only adequately on the tech then, the devs pretty much built the game with future comps in mind. It was like the whole internet was bitching over bad performance when FEAR got released, yet everyone was trying to play it on the highest possible resolution, etc.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

But I can get it to run ugly/moderately fast on an older rig, right?

kirottu said:

It ought to be able run (albeit extremely jerky) on any system. I thought shader 2 was the only major requirement in terms of modern technology (let's not backtrack to things like MMX, we'll assume everyone has that by now :p )

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Remember what friend Sawyer said... that's minimum. Sawyer's always played a straight shooter, so I think we should believe him. Still, even the computer I just built for my mom surpasses those requirements in every way, so I'm not worried.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Remember what friend Sawyer said... that's minimum.  Sawyer's always played a straight shooter, so I think we should believe him.  Still, even the computer I just built for my mom surpasses those requirements in every way, so I'm not worried.

Awesome. Does your mom plan on playing NWN2 multiplayer?

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Remember what friend Sawyer said... that's minimum.  Sawyer's always played a straight shooter, so I think we should believe him.  Still, even the computer I just built for my mom surpasses those requirements in every way, so I'm not worried.

Awesome. Does your mom plan on playing NWN2 multiplayer?

Yuck it up, funny boy! My mom plays in one of my in-person DnD campaigns. I seriously doubt that she starts playing NWN 2, but I seriously doubted that she'd enjoy my DnD game. Go figure.

BTW: She lives in Las Vegas and still plays in one of my DnD campaigns. Granted, we only get to play once a month, but still.

Edited by Eldar

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Bleurgh, that means NWN2 is pretty much Oblivion in terms of resource requirements. Ugly/Fast is the timeless solution. :)

Although, the 100% dynamic lighting make it a bit harder to tone things down like that.