2006 FIFA World Cup

Guest The Architect

With all this football (plus endless repeats) on the TV, I've completely missed Wimbledon this year. :)

I'm sure there will be lots more fouls, at least, in the final. After all, no-one cares at this stage if they get a second yellow card. That may mean more diving, too, but the French won their last world cup by playing positive, attacking football rather than through defensive play or cheating, so hopefully we'll see a repeat of that.

(Not necessarily the result, though. Go Italy! :lol: )

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

"From what I gathered from your post (can be hard to read) you're still making the absurd comparison between a dark age knight and a US footballer"

there is only so much Gromnir can do with people like this. if is being obtuse as a joke, then we will laugh with you and take our leave... but if you is serious then we feels some small 'mount o' compassion/pitty for you and we leave so as to not cause you further injury.

*shrug*

the australians actually prefer australian football, and in new zealand and south africa, rugby is king. we don't fully understand the rules o' irish football, but it seems more fun to watch than soccer. seems likes many peoples decided that soccer needed improving.

soccer gots a wonderful tradition and it is a universal sport, and folks who grew up loving soccer will always love soccer regardless of its shortcomings... much as Gromnir loved baseball until the most recent strike.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

So like, I don't feel like repeating myself any further, as you are clearly skilled in the arts of dodging and evasion. :))

Oh and FUN GOOD, HA!

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

So like, I don't feel like repeating myself any further, as you are clearly skilled in the arts of dodging and evasion. :))

Oh and FUN GOOD, HA!

and all you did is repeat what Gromnir just said.

we noted that we weren't comparing war to sports, but you simply ignored. we brought up hockey and jousting and even how pansy soccer players use protection, but you ignored and simply repeated your mischaracterizations.

we honestly hope you is being silly purposeful, 'cause otherwise...

"And no, I said it as a direct response to your whining about the behavior of SOME football players and their magical spraycan."

we don't give a darn what your motivations were. fact is that YOU compared euro & American football, and found American wanting in machismo 'cause of extra padding. you brought up and compared, not Gromnir. for chrissakes, you can scroll up a couple posts and see in black & white and you still argue.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Kinda sad one man ruined it for France, they were clearly the better team for the entire match.

But there you go... poetic justice.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Llyranor now has the greatest avatar ever.

:lol:

Good old Zidane, what a way to end your career.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

OMG Grommie stepped outta character in that last line. Must really be getting to him. :lol:

Oh and screw Italy, pissing Zidane off is sooooo mature. You cheats got the win, congrats! :lol:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

...they were clearly the better team for the entire match.

I disagree... this was the only match I actually watched and I must say that Italy dominated the first half... and stepped up their game again in the second half after the first 15-20 minutes in said half.

And I felt that France's main problem was they played far too individually, there was little communication or team work that occurred that didn't directly involve Zidane in some way. Italy managed to play as though they were a domestic team, in that they played very well and comfortably together... they deserved the win, as far as I'm concerned.

Congratulations to Italy :lol:

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

That Italian scumbag probably deserved to be knocked down. If only Zidane could have waited until after they'd won. :angry:

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

OMG Grommie stepped outta character in that last line. Must really be getting to him.  :lol:

huh?

where is we outta character? same bad grammar, same bash bad arguments.

and if you think you is gonna be "getting to" Gromnir with a silly soccer argument, you is even more dopey than we previously thought.

oh, and to have the entire tourney decided by terrible shoout out thing is just another reason to make us feel little remorse at ignoring the world's sport.

HA! Good Fun!