Quantic Dream officially announces Heavy Rain

It's wonderful that they're working on a new game. :lol: It's also good that they're not trying to continue the story from Fahrenheit. That would not have been good. At all.

The gap between what Fahrenheit did with motion capture and most other games I've seen was huge. The gap between what this game seems to be doing with facial expressions and, for example, Oblivion (which I'm playing at the moment) seems equally great.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

• 7 months later...

Seems like Quantic Dream is now hiring full steam and revamping their homepage currently, which means at least Heavy Rain might have found a publisher.... :)

http://www.quanticdream.com/customer.html

With any luck, we will learn first infos sometime 2016, and then in 2022 we'll learn it was canceled (like so many other QD projects). Heh.

Edit: From the jobs description:

Heavy Rain is set in a realistic North American city (East coast) in a close future and is an

interactive film noir inspired thriller.

Now they should only see that they don't release it at the same time as Alan Wake.

Edit 2: Oh, I also found an interview with Guillaume de Fondaumiere.

Edited by Morgoth

I really liked Fahrenheit, despite the way that the story crapped out in the last 25% of the game. Although the "Simon says" button pressing game can go die in a fire for all I care. They were fun in the beginning but they wore really thin the further the game progressed.

• 5 months later...

"Can you do a swan just by using your left hand?"

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I found Indigo Prophecy a fun game but it had no replay value. I say it as an evolution of the gameplay style that was first introduced in Dragon's Lair and Space Ace. Games like these are renters but very entertaining renters.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I like that picture. And my girlfriend loved Fahrenheit (well, up until the necrophilia). Hope this turns out good.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"Origami Killer"

So, am I gonna kill people with little paper-flowers and paper-planes? Or am I gonna kill these artists? English languge, vague language.

I'm not familiar with crime/journalism procedures in Europe, but at least here in the U.S., killers often receive nicknames based upon specific repetitive features of their crimes called signatures or M.O.'s (modus operandi). Thus, I would presume the Killer here leaves origami at the site of his murders along with the body as a sort of calling card.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

"How far are you prepared to go to save someone you love?"

This is, by far, the most overused tagline ever.

And the answer is always the freaking same.

I am prepared to go down the street with a frozen burrito.

Is that far enough?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Why the frozen burrito?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

In case I get hungry. Think of the missions one can undertake to successful nuke a frozen burrito!

You get hungry just going down the street? Pack a sandwich. Eat a granola bar before you head out. There's nothing wrong with a burrito, so long as it's not frozen and it is bean and cheese.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."