Do you look down on people who...

Eddo36

Do you look down on ppl who try to stay out of the mil?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Do you look down on ppl who try to stay out of the mil?

• Yes
    • No

Straightforward question needs a straightforward answer. You're either a complete no, or an in-between, or complete yes. And if you're an in-between, you're a complete yes.

I mean young, healthy, able to be fighting fit young Americans who are afraid of joining due to the suffering in the service, despite the fact that it is a time of war, where there are so many other fellow countrymen fighting and suffering overseas?

I personally mind that they be left alone until the war takes place on our home soil. Either that or the ones we choose to represent us stop provoking others to attack us. Whichever one comes first.

Look down? No. It's their life. Maybe only the ones that are afraid to join in times of hardship but end up justifying or hiding their fear by heckling others that do or portraying them as inferior.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Question - why is this limited to Americans?

What about the other countries in the world?

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

By "try to stay out of" I assume you mean "don't walk into a recruiting center and volunteer for." Ever since the U.S. Military went all-volunteer in the '70s, it hasn't taken much effort to "stay out of" the military. Hard to judge people for not doing something that is entirely optional.

Or are you talking about people who evaded the draft back when it was in full force? That's an entirely different question. (In my case, the answer is still "No," simply because I don't feel as if I have any particular moral high ground from which to judge them-- I can't say I wouldn't be tempted to do the same thing were I in their shoes.)

Does said processing involve electro-shock "therapy"?

And no, being one of those who doesn't want to join the armed forces, I don't really look down on myself. Well, literally, I guess I can...but not my whole self.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I believe that people who don't join the military are on just about on the same footing as someone who does. Potentionally a hostile.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Get rid of your ladyfriend, if she tries to inhibit you, no ones friendship or love is worth it if they try to boss you around on their whims. Changes are though, that she is just more intelligent than both of us and quite right in not letting you enlist. :blink:

About army, well I can't speak for much of the known world, since we Finns are not engaged in wartime suff with anyone right now. Still, enlisting even though you'd have much more to offer to the world is just wrong. Volunteering to beat teh **** out of foreign people should always be the last option. I question ones sanity, if he wades gleefully to war.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Not that I don't truly abhor fisticuffs about women over the internets, but that whole "who is more intelligent?"-hoobloo should be resolved already, since even the simplest among us must understand that sexes are good at different kind of thinking. Neither one is more intelligent.

Edit: The simplest, excluding Hades One

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

The military isn't for everyone. I know that for a fact. Spent 2 and a half years in the Navy and I went more thana little crazy. Nearly got myself a Section 8 but I was able to get out of that thank god and got only a medical discharge.

It was just too ordered, too structured, and just too stupid. I mean what the hell is the point to scrap perfectly good pain of a wall til you hit metal then paint it over again withthe same color. Seriously, what the hell is the point. If I didn't scrap the damn paint off in the first place it would still be good and not need to be repainted.

Also it depends on what type of war we are fighting. A know more than a few people joined/rejoined the military because of 9/11 and wanted to get Al Qaeda back for their attack but now we are the aggressors with Iraq. We had no business to be in Iraq. They did not attack us. The war in Iraq is unjustified and these same people in the military elieve that to and plan on not re-enlisting because there is a difference between fighting a just war and a unjust war. The Iraq war is an unjust war.

So, I don't look down on anyone who won't join the military and in fact I will encourage them not to join the military or those who have joined not to re-enlist as long there is a Republican in the White House.

Get rid of your ladyfriend, if she tries to inhibit you, no ones friendship or love is worth it if they try to boss you around on their whims. Changes are though, that she is just more intelligent than both of us and quite right in not letting you enlist. :blink:

It went more along the lines of 'lose all respect for me.' And she probably was right, but I'm getting pissed off at college, and if I enlisted in the Navy I'd be able to get paid for learning the stuff I'm paying to be taught at the college now. Also the insurance you get after your tour of duty is really kickass.

But yeah, she's right, I know she is, but I still kind of want to.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

You suck and you know it. :blink:

kirottu said:

It went more along the lines of 'lose all respect for me.'  And she probably was right, but I'm getting pissed off at college, and if I enlisted in the Navy I'd be able to get paid for learning the stuff I'm paying to be taught at the college now.  Also the insurance you get after your tour of duty is really kickass. 

But yeah, she's right, I know she is, but I still kind of want to.

Trust me, you do not want to join the Navy. Navy is bad. If you want to join a military service I would suggest Air Force or Coast Guard, but trst me the Navy is really bad.

Yes, true, but name a time when the lower actually did a good job when it came to independant thought.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I've been told I'm the most frustrating guy in the world because I am seemingly impossible to manipulate sexually.  :huh:

Same here, but that's probably because most women doesn't know that I'm a ****.

Edit: Ok, gay then :p

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.