NO ATARI NO!

Thats why I'm glad I have a DS.

It's been a very good time for games.

I've been looking at the DS today, and the available games, and trying on one hand to justify spending the money on it, and then on the other hand trying to talk myself out of it on the grounds that I'm not likely to play it that much...Oh the confusion. Oddly, and on a vaguely related note I do regret selling my GameCube - sometimes a girl gets a craving for some Nintendo fun.

I own a Nokia N-Gage :lol:

The good thing is that it was given to me by Nokia because they desperately wanted us to review their games. The bad thing is that the beast weighs like half a brick, is ugly as hell and is the lowest quality phone ever made (half the buttons fell off after a week, and half the phone is made of grey rubber..).

Oh, and I never reviewed a game for it that got more than 5/10.

I remember distinctly when they first came out, and I was out shopping with friends. One guy was all "OMG :p:) I Must get one of these awesome handhelds." and trying to work out how he could justify spending what was, at release, a significant chunk of cash on it. I couldn't see the attraction at the time. I like my handhelds to be just that really, I wouldn't want one with a phone tacked on...'s just odd...

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

Handhelds stopped appealing to me when I grew out of the typical console games (like Mariocart or Fighting games) so I havent had anything like it since my Sega Gamegear.

and the subject of handhelds, lets not orget the biggest flop of all time.. the Gizmondo :lol:

gizmondo_440.jpg

They did construct the hardware and released it but then it turned out that the company was just a front for the mob, used to pull some serious big-money scams. Once they looked into company finances, they found that some 200million dollars had just mysteriously vanished :-"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Atari still exists and making games (at least for now). Troika is split apart. I think this proves that Troika was more at fault. :lol:"

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I don't play handhelds.  If I wanted gaming on the go I'll get a laptop.

It doesnt work so well. The battery will run out in like an hour, is hard to find somewhere to put your mouse(glidepads are hell for gaming) and most of them choke the CPU and GFX to save batteries when not plugged in, resulting in major slowdowns.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

"You mean breaking games."

That must explain why most people here are going gaga over NWN2.... an Atari game.

R00fles!

"You mean breaking games."

That must explain why most people here are going gaga over NWN2.... an Atari game.

R00fles!

No right now it's an Obsidian game. Now if the same thing that happened to K2 happens to NWN2, well I guess it became Ataris game. :lol:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

"No right now it's an Obsidian game. Now if the same thing that happened to K2 happens to NWN2, well I guess it became Ataris game."

R00fles! :D

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?type=mov&id=10317

Interview with some game footage.

"Taking the 3.5e ruleset and reproducing it faithfully for the PSP game."

"Encumbrance, elevation, terrain."

Intriguing.

Menu commands I noticed: Special attack, move, magic, action. Drop prone, tumble, step, reload, draw, withdraw, bard music, disable trap, open door, open lock, heal, appraise, escape, sleight.

Hmm, this doesn't actually sound like a load of crap.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I've been looking at the DS today, and the available games, and trying on one hand to justify spending the money on it, and then on the other hand trying to talk myself out of it on the grounds that I'm not likely to play it that much...Oh the confusion.  Oddly, and on a vaguely related note I do regret selling my GameCube - sometimes a girl gets a craving for some Nintendo fun.

Well if you still have all your old GBA stuff it plays that too. Although on the lite model the cart sticks out and catches on things.

Wi Fi is also fun , you don't have to listen to anyone who dosnt have your friend codes. Kills the batteries very quickly though.

There is a new Zelda, Mario , Metroid game , either coming out or already out so most of the classic Nintendo names are there.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Having a DS would be nice. There'd be a couple of games I'd play on it. Tetris DS (that tug-of-war mode looks awesome), Mario Kart DS, Advanced Wars DS. The upcoming Mario and Zelda look nice. Tales of the Tempest would be my top choice, though. And it's pretty much inevitable for a Fire Emblem to come out.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)